It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland is getting angry!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

in a tweet, Portland mayor Ted Wheeler said:

I am authorizing the Portland Police to use all lawful means to end the illegal occupation on North Mississippi Avenue and to hold those violating our community’s laws accountable. There will be no autonomous zone in Portland.

If this was the first you heard about any of this, you would say, "what's the big deal, that just makes sense". And you would be correct. But that hasn't been the case. Portland has been a large joke for quite some time. Mayor Ted even tried to march with his comrades, but they weren't nice to him. He even kept letting them out after they would get arrested for firebombing people and places, beating folks up and such.

Now, after the election, I suspect he thought these folks would just go home. Amazingly enough, they feel emboldened. They have dug in deep. They aren't going anywhere. So he plans to use the Police he has tried to defund to arrest them and, get this, "hold them accountable". LOL.

The next time there is a mayoral election in Portland, I hope they either re-elect this douche bag, or find another just like him. It's comedy that writes itself. Go get em tiger.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Wow, I’ve been saying this was going to happen after Jan 20th and the protests/looting doesn’t stop.

I suppose now that the voting portion of the election is over, it’s no use pandering to the little sh*ts anymore.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I bet even Uncle Joe wont be able to pacify them. Notice its hardly a thing in the news anymore. Be prepared for that giant broom sweeping bad news out to see for the next four years.

Unless of course a white dude does something bad.

I am expecting a false flag shooting come february.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Reap what you sow.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
If this was the first you heard about any of this, you would say, "what's the big deal, that just makes sense". And you would be correct. But that hasn't been the case.

You're right.

Interesting back-story in your source article though.

I'm going with the assumption that this is what happens when you lock-down local businesses and the jobless have nothing better to 'occupy' themselves with.

S&F

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Reap what you sow.

A-yup. It's hard to feel sorry for him, considering how often he was on his knees in front of them with his mouth open. They trashed the town, he let them carry on & neutered the police so that they couldn't do #, and NOW he wants to pass himself off as giving a damn?

I doubt Portlanders who had their livelihoods destroyed because of his crap believe him, let alone anyone else in any other state watching.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

I doubt Portlanders who had their livelihoods destroyed because of his crap believe him, let alone anyone else in any other state watching.

they elected this pinhead to begin with. I wouldn't put it past them to give him a do over. he can do better this time, no, for real.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Much good could be done for the United States and indeed the world in general by building a giant dome around Portland.

As for Mr Wheeler, I hope the rioters find his undoubtedly taxpayer funded safehouse. The sanctimonious, two-faced, terrified little #.

The time to act was 8 months ago, Ted. Where were you then? Oh I remember. Blaming Trump for the damage caused by the rioters, and calling him a dictator for doing your job for you. What a weasel.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Poor leadership got them here. The President offered a helping hand and the mayor and governor refused in a loud and clear voice. At this point I say fix it your damn self.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Didn't he just win reelection in November against an even lefter candidate?

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I bet even Uncle Joe wont be able to pacify them. Notice its hardly a thing in the news anymore. Be prepared for that giant broom sweeping bad news out to see for the next four years.

Joe can’t/won’t do sh*t to appease them. These guys are going to move their goalposts every step of the way. Wasn’t it the day after the election or after the media called Joe President Elect that they were holding up banners that said “WE DON’T WANT BIDEN, WE WANT REVENGE!”?

While Antifa/BLM may have a left-lean to them, the only thing relating them to the Democrat party was the Dems pandering to them during this whole time for votes. Now that that’s over with, they’re of no use to the DNC so they’ll start letting the cops do their job. I’ve been saying this for months now but everyone here is convinced that Antifa/BLM is the DNC’s special needs children. They were merely useful idiots that can no longer be useful.

In fact, I’m assuming they’re going to squash this with great expediency as it’s going to look awfully funny for Biden to be preaching unity over a backdrop of burning and looting from the same people they pandered to for votes.

I’m just anxious to see these kid’s reactions when the police, surely having some pent up resentment for the last year, are finally allowed to do what’s necessary. At this point, the ones who have been out there rioting it up for the better part of a year surely are a bit more embolden, so it’s going to be quite the surprise to them that the same mayor that allowed this for so long is all of a sudden changing direction.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Things that will *disappear* (read: they will cease to be newsworthy) if Joe is installed:

1. BLM/ANITFA

2. Massive lines at food banks

3. the homeless crisis and poop on the streets

4. foreign negative opinion of the US

5. rising case rate to be replaced by another, less scary coronavirus metric

6. not taking Joe literally but instead interpreting what his word salad's intent was (as opposed to the opposite with Trump)

I'm sure there are a lot more.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Their usefulness or lack thereof really depends on what the agenda is now doesn't it?

We all know Joe is a placeholder and not really going to be in charge of anything. If the BLM/ANTIFA narrative continues to serve a use in shaping where the ones behind the puppet want to take us, then they'll be allowed to let roam just like before.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Their usefulness or lack thereof really depends on what the agenda is now doesn't it?

We all know Joe is a placeholder and not really going to be in charge of anything. If the BLM/ANTIFA narrative continues to serve a use in shaping where the ones behind the puppet want to take us, then they'll be allowed to let roam just like before.

I don’t disagree. I’m just not sure if Antifa/BLM will tolerate being turned on and off like a faucet. From all I’ve seen them write on twitter, they don’t like Biden or Harris, so I don’t think they’ll be waiting with bells on to get back out there after they’ve experienced the “brutality” of the police doing their job.

I wish someone could ask the mayor why he’s changing his stance now. I’m just curious what kind of garbage answer he could pull out of his ass.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Oh, I agree with you, and it's totally cynical, but I expect their effectiveness will ramp up significantly when they are allowed to roam.

Also see my point above about them being deemed newsworthy. The only reason most of know how destructive they have been and continue to be is because of right wing sites relentlessly reporting on the continued chaos. Notice how the MSM has effectively dropped it completely off the radar like so much else?

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I'm angry at Portland.

I'm angry and the United States of FRAUD in general.

I Think all '57' states should declare themselves automous zones.

And flip the middle finger to the Comrade Biden and crew.

Lets see how they like when the shoe is on the other foot.

Even the Declaration of Independence gives us that RIGHT.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Yup, And they will blame "Right-wing extremists" you watch

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, I agree with you, and it's totally cynical, but I expect their effectiveness will ramp up significantly when they are allowed to roam.

Also see my point above about them being deemed newsworthy. The only reason most of know how destructive they have been and continue to be is because of right wing sites relentlessly reporting on the continued chaos. Notice how the MSM has effectively dropped it completely off the radar like so much else?

I certainly have noticed and think I made a comment somewhere last week about how silent it’s been in that neck of the woods.

Of all the craziness surrounding politics, this is the one thing I’m most interested in seeing play out. Not that it really matters to them, but I just don’t see how the Dems can pull out of this without blatantly showing they were pandering pre-election.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
We all knew it would continue until the Trump presidency was over. It looks like they think thats the case so it's time to call their boys back to law and order.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join