It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another brick in the wall

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This is awesome for the U.S.

A federal appeals court Friday granted the Trump administration to take $3.6 billion from military construction projects for a border wall. The ruling reversed a previous order that had blocked the Trump administration from re-appropriating the funds.

And for those of you who say “when Biden gets in he’ll just kill this? I have two things to point out.

1. Biden will not be president.

2. If you dig into the article it tells you,

Joe Biden has pledged to end that national emergency, though the Trump administration has locked in construction contracts with the funding and already built many new stretches of wall across the southwest border.

I’m a little flummoxed. As I post this the article has been edited. So in turn I have removed the edited content.

This is a win for all Americans

thehornnews.com...
edit on 8-12-2020 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

I still fail to see how a boarder wall on the Mexico boarder will prevent the surge of illegals from eastern Europe.
Illegals from South/Central America are taking our jobs true...but they are cutting grass and picking fruit. The Russians/Polish/Ukrainians are taking our high paying tech jobs.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RenaJN

How can you be so out of touch?

If you think that’s all they do, “cut grass and pick fruit” you are living in the 50’s.
Not that I care but that is racist.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It's a useless monument. Waste of our money.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Well several things here...it aint a brick wall so the title missed the mark.

Obammy built a lot of the wall and in a mark of Irony, Trumppy claimed Obammys wall, and this is from a lefty source. You cant get more ironic than this.....

www.rollingstone.com...

And third....Trumppy lost. Its Biden's turn to be a dipsnip.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
It's a useless monument. Waste of our money.

So leftist talking point of you... Do you know why we do not hear anything about the border anymore? It is because Trump fixed it from the crap show that Obama handed him. That 245 miles of wall that has been built so far is very important in that success. I'm in the drone business so kind of an expert in security and surveillance.

edit on 8-12-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The Appeals Court ruling merely means it moves up the ladder.

It doesn't "grant" anything.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Before he took office, there were 654 miles (just over 1,000km) of barrier along the southern border - made up of 354 miles of barricades to stop pedestrians and 300 miles of anti-vehicle fencing.

Now, according to US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) in its 6 October status report, the southern border has 669 miles of "primary barrier" - the first structure people heading from Mexico to the US will encounter - and 65 miles of "secondary barrier" - which usually runs behind the primary structure as a further obstacle.

This means that in areas where no barricades existed before, they have built 15 miles of new, primary barrier or "border wall system", as it is called by CBP.

​​About a further 350 miles of barrier has been built, according to CBP, made up of replacement structures and some new secondary barrier.

Source

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

1. Biden will not be president.

Keep telling yourself that but it won't change the fact Biden won the Election so will be President come January.

I’m a little flummoxed. As I post this the article has been edited. So in turn I have removed the edited content.

Censorship !
Was the edited content too uncomfortable ?

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Source

So here is a current Nov 2020 News article from NPR

Last month, acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf stood in the shadow of the iron bollard wall in the Rio Grande Valley to announce the completion of nearly 400 miles since Trump came into office.

"While this is an important milestone, we're building even more wall," Wolf said. "Currently we have nearly 210 more miles under construction and expect to complete 450 miles by the end of this calendar year."

NPR

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

the only jobs the Latinos are stealing from citizens are low wage jobs that most Americans would never want. For some reason no one is concerned about the damn eastern Europe invasion. They are everywhere. Taking high paying jobs, refusing to integrate into American society, refusing to speak English. I had to move out of my upper income suburb because of the invasion. The rate of English speaking went from over 90% to under 60% in just a few years.

If you want to solve an immigration problem, start with a national language requirement, not a worthless boarder wall.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I still say landmines. At around $3-$30 per landmine, to cover the 3,145 km with landmines every meter would cost around $9 million you could put one every half meter and it would still cost only $18 million.

You also get the whole fear aspect too. Who's gonna wanna try and cross the border when they just watched their friends and family blown to bits.
Pedro's crawling around trying to find the pieces of his legs and #.
edit on 8/12/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Nice, Chad Wolf made an announcment.

My link, which is from October 31, 2020, mentions that the Trump Adminsitration is puffing the actual amount of new wall that has been completed.

Also from your article:

"I'm very happy for that," said Tomás Rodriguez Jr., secretary of the Sacred Heart board of directors. "The wall, it seems, will not be built, and that will help our cause because we would not lose any property, and we would be able to help young boys and young girls."

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
They don’t have shovels in Mexico?
a reply to: dug88

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Would you have any objections for the U.S. government to build a border wall in your backyard?

'Because so many landowners and ranchers in South Texas strongly object to any border wall building, because of the few miles of border wall that has been built there, "it has had immense impact on landowners there. The administration has filed more then 117 lawsuits against landowners this year to survey, seize or potentially begin construction on property, an increase from 27 lawsuits filed in 2019. according to the Texas Civil Rights Project.'"

'"Tragedy is the word I describe it," said Bill McDonald, an Arizona cattleman who opposes the wall.'

"At 41 million per mile, Arizona's Guadalupe Canyon is one of the costliest stretches of border wall construction. Illegal crossings are extremely rare in the remote area.

"The region is emerging as one of the Trump administration's last centers of wall building as blasting crews feverishly tear through the remote Peloncillo Mountains, where ocelots and bighorn sheep roam through woodlands of cottonwoods and sycamores.

'Wildlife corridors, the archaeology and history, that's all being blasted to oblivion or destroyed already,' said Bill McDonald, 68, a fifth generation cattleman and former lifelong Republican who voted for Mr. Biden. 'Tragedy is the word I use to describe it.'"

quotes: NYT's - " Construction Blitz on Border Aims to Add Miles of Wall By the End of Trump's Term" - Monday, November 30, 2020

It's no surprise that eco-terrorist Trump lost Arizona in the 2020 general election...

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
is puffing the actual amount

Maybe...its at least 200+ miles so far, seems like a lot of puffing in your post too, from your article that talks about 600+ miles of barrier, you do know much of that "barrier" is like a 3 foot high wire fence....lol this as to what Trump has been replacing with a real barrier.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

"Efforts to stop Trump's border wall construction could extend long past Inauguration Day"

"The lawsuit challenging Trump's 2017 executive order mandating construction of a physical barrier on the border. The lawsuit alleges the administration violated the Fifth Amendment's due process clause, which provides for equal protection under the law. The executive order 'creates a 2nd class United States citizen at the Southern Border, who can have their land seized wholesale based on racist and white nationalist motives,' the lawsuit claims."

source:

www.rawstory.com...
edit on 8-12-2020 by Erno86 because: added a sentence

edit on 8-12-2020 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 8-12-2020 by Erno86 because: added a few words

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

You're going to look awefully silly when Biden is sworn in.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Biden might even be installed in the White House, but it won't change the fact that he's mentally incompetent and won't make any of the decisions and will likely not make it through the term.

He was the face the DNC put up for show, but no one's home. That's OK; they don't need him anyway and never were going to let him make decisions.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

This is a win for all Americans

Not for the pedophiles who depend on human trafficking. Biden will find a way to kill this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join