It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto's Interesting Idea of Safety

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
In Toronto, you may not be able to do things like go to church for fear of COVID, but you absolutely can get your kink on.

Yep. Toronto has decided that sex shops fall under the retail exception for safety!

The province’s framework states that there are a few exceptions to the retail rule, including for supermarkets, grocery stores, convenience stores, hardware stores, other retailers selling groceries, beer and wine and liquor stores, pharmacies and safety supply stores.

See, sex shops sell marital aids and things like condoms so they are safety suppliers. Isn't it neat how that works?

And they help the underserved who can't afford shipping. They also help prevent violence because you can shop there discreetly with cash so no one knows ...

So, sure, you can't go to church, you can't have Thanksgiving, but in Toronto at least, you can get your kink on.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
How very progressive of them.
I like Toronto kink, mmmmm, vanilla.

a reply to: ketsuko

edit on 7-12-2020 by Dalamax because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
They’re essential retail outlets.

What else to do in lockdown?

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Yeah, but most of the things they sell that would be safety aids would be provided at places like drug stores.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Who’s talking about safety aids?

ETA - Oh, I see, that’s the reason being provided for allowing them to open. Well, you know what politicians are like.

edit on 7/12/20 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Are they doing perv side, er, I mean curb side pick up? The article doesn't say.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well...( scratching my head )

Super Spreader comes to mind. If the purchase keeps everyone behind closed doors, Amazon and Adam&Evil... order it ewww. Last place I want to be during a pandemic is a place that has had hands touching a personal product... ewwww!😝

Forget it!
As much as I respect your insights Ketsuko, I can not Adult right now.

Steelers are on tonight.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

ETA - Oh, I see, that’s the reason being provided for allowing them to open. Well, you know what politicians are like.

I'm not sure if they have virus friendly ball gags.

But I'll bet the sex dolls are reasonably clean partners.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Canadians are not worried about this.

Humpdays trump Sundays up here where 17% of people regularly attend church, (outside of super Catholic Quebec).

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I would certainly hope so 😂😂

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

It doesn't matter if you're worried about it or not. The point is that it defies logic to think that having sex is any more or less safe than going to church.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I would certainly hope so 😂😂

Eeewwwww........thanks for the mental image........crusty ring anyone?

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I will put this out there. I'm atheist, but I respect if people feel the need to go to church. It comes down to the individual's personal needs, the adult book store isn't any different I suppose. I'm to up in age to care about intimacy or personally me. Makes no difference if I put on a mask and head to the store to buy milk, eggs, bread, meat or toillette paper. The risk are all the same in my opinion.

I've been lucky not to have gotten sick from Covid19. My father, mother, 2 sisters, 2 brothers and 5 nieces and 1 nephew all have it right now as I'm typing this. They got the no fever, aching muscle, cough, can't smell or taste version of this. The spread is real but not worth shutting down the economy according to my dad.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Thanks

I didn't realise Thanksgiving was a thing in Canada so have just looked it up and learned something new. Time for a pint to celebrate.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

The point is that this is just the exact type of funkiness that happens when you start letting the government pick your winners and losers under the label of "essential".

Weird things happen. Things that maybe shouldn't happen or that defy sense.

This isn't about what I do or don't think of sex shops per se. They have their place and clientele obviously, but simply that I fail to see how the services the provide and the activities they enable are any more or less safe than a bunch a people choosing to go pray at a church, especially if that church maintains social distancing or even holds services in a parking lot with everyone in their own cars.

Or even to take it away from religion -- is sex any safer than eating at a restaurant?

edit on 7-12-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Yup....sex shops and dispensaries are essential services...and the beer store....and Canadian Tire.....

Don't you dare try to express your religious beliefs though...

They don't play with protesting or defying orders here either....they shut you down and prosecute to the fullest...

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Very well put

All of it.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I'm not sure if they have virus friendly ball gags.

today's safe word is "walgreens"

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I live in Ontario and I can tell you first hand that Toronto is a freak show...not the Toronto Maple Leafs, just the city...the hockey team gets a free pass.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This was my childhood and what we did.
We loved each other and fought all the time...thats hockey and its what we do.

edit on 7-12-2020 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join