It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyberpunk 2077 Reviews are out

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
I'm on the verge of buying this..
If it's only a SP experience then I would prefer it on the one X for true 4K and HDR.

I know MP is supposed to be patched in later... in which case I'd want it on PC...
I'm so confused...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Update - ordered for Xbox..
can't say I'm excited yet, but will be once the disc arrives and that day1 patch starts downloading

Yes, yes I know.
Purchase it digitally, pre-load the game etc.
I'm old-school

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
NVidia have today released their Game Ready Driver for Cyberpunk.

This new Game Ready Driver provides the ultimate gaming experience for Cyberpunk 2077. In addition, this driver provides optimal day-1 support for the official launch of Minecraft with RTX for Windows 10
www.nvidia.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Thanks for the heads up McAfee AV has a VPN and I had to turn that off, turn's out using a VPN interferes with all manner of sites and functions so Nvidia Experience did not alert me and I had to turn the VPN off to be able to log back into it.

edit on 9-12-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Sleuths have discovered a hidden message from CDPR inserted into just one frame of the release trailer.
It reads like this...

After thanking the fans for the support, the message teases upcoming content:

“We’ve mentioned before that expansions will be coming, and while we’re not ready yo talk specifics just yet, we will say that we learned a lot from our work on both Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine.

Our planned expansions will take you even deeper into the world of Cyberpunk 2077, offering substantial, story-driven content that’ll give you though choices to make through impactful narratives that you won’t soon forget.

But before we get there, we’ll first be kicking our free DLC program in early 2021. Just like with the Witcher 3, expect an assortment of free DLC packs to begin hitting Night City, dropping a bunch of cool stuff that’ll inject even more life into the world of the dark future. We hope you’re looking forward to them!”
twinfinite.net...

How Cyberpunk is that !
Good news too.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Laymen gaming review

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
If you're planning on getting this for PC and don't use WSAD stay away , control remapping is borked , I may well refund

edit on 10-12-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

theres non wads users for fps?

use the directional arrows?

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

My WSAD keys work fine, win10 even

But this game has an obsession with using the F key for everything

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

use the directional arrows?

That's the problem , can't remap up and down arrow keys although can remap left and right.
I'm left handed so need to use the arrow keys.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Aside from a few bugs and the rebind problem , I've found some keys I can use for movement , I'm now 3 hours in and lovin it , runs well looks gorgeous and the gameplay is really good.

It might not be finished but Night City is well worth a visit.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well, it sucks to see one of the last "good guy" studios push out an unfinished product.

They only put out the PC version for early reviews.

PS4/XB1 players are maxing out at 720p 30fps

Next gen doesn't run 4k native, capped at 60fps.

PC also noting they aren't able to run as high of settings as other AAA games that their build would usually thrive with.

Hopefully this gets squared away, but their reputation is still going to take a hit like Bethesda.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
DO NOT PURCHASE IF YOU OWN A XBOX 1 OR PS4

dam CDPR, this stinks of greed and manipulation, looks like EA/Activision et al have a new bed fellow

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This is not Cyberpunk but worth a look if you have the 2017 Serious Sam.

I don't know how good it is as I do not have that game but hey it's blade runner, play a nexus 8 and escape.

I like Cyberpunk 2077 but am actually not as overwhelmed by it as I hope to be, it feel's a little too GTA at times but that scene starting out as a Corpo Rat with the city fly over feel's more blade runner than anything I have seen for a long time, having NEO in my characters head is a bit weird as well and the visual effects got a bit bugged yesterday stuck on scanner mod and then with the interference affect that was causing all those seizures actually giving me a migraine, that said I think it has absolutely huge potential especially now the modding community are coming onboard with sites like the Nexus already having four pages of mod's, mostly just character presets and saves but also some reshades and a few gameplay tweak's, lets hope real mod's start rolling soon.

And there is just so very much to do it won't get old quickly.

Still I would love to see that mod made in Cyberpunk 2077, definitely has some Star Wars games inspired parts (dark forces 2 sky train) and that too is a very good thing, another franchise and the city world Coruscant I would love to see made in a playable game world and Cyberpunk 2077 at least the PC version would be a great base to start from.

IF you like the look of this mod as do I then it may be best to download it now before it get's disappeared, MOD Data Base has it as well as the games steam mod page, I think I may just get that Serious Sam 2017 given what I can now see the engine and modders are capable of.

And I SERIOUSLY - pun intended - hope that mod maker starts working on something for Cyberpunk 2077, another franchise I would love to see modded into the game would be Judge Dredd and Mega City One.

edit on 11-12-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

DO NOT PURCHASE IF YOU OWN A XBOX 1 OR PS4
dam CDPR, this stinks of greed and manipulation, looks like EA/Activision et al have a new bed fellow

To be fair XBOX 1 and PS4 are ancient hardware , trying to squeeze Cyberpunk onto them was always going to be a tough ask CDPR should have skipped last gen and concentrated on the new consoles but if they had they'd have got it in the neck for that too.

So far on my PC I've had a great experience , 8 hours in and I've just got past the prologue with very little in the way of bugs , mapping the arrow keys for movement is the only real problem but I've gotten around that using alternative keys.

If you have the hardware Cyperpunk is a great next gen game , playing it on last gen hardware is at the route of many peoples problems I think , guy on Steam was complaining it didn't run well on his GTX 560ti FFS.

No doubt it has some issues but so did Witcher 3 at launch , I applaud CDPR for their ambition.

Ryzen 2700x
RTX 2060
16gb 3200 ram
and importantly I think 1tb NVME M.2 HD.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I have an xbox 1 x (the mid gen upgrade 2017), i agree with you that they should not have releaed the game on that gen but it does show greed will always win, the number of ps4 consoles is over 100million and xbox 1s is 50million, i doubt the shareholders wanted to miss out on those potential sales, as proven by the game boxes, no where does it say ps5 exclusive or xsx exclusive

hell they even made an exclusive xbox 1 x console, you would think it would be able to then run on it to a decent level

I am not trying to s@@t on CDPR as i adored witcher 3, but to see them succumb to greed is disapointing, can you image the state of the game if it came out at any of the previously stated release dates, they should have waited another few months, maybe just release the PC version but of course they wanted those christmas sales

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The game was in making for 8 years though. Before delays, it was supposed to come out for those consoles.

There aren't even versions for the Series X and PS5... Just the older gens.

They also didn't let any console copies get reviewed.

Red dead 2 was able to make use of the older consoles... So it can be done.

They marketed purely to older consoles, and it has flopped on that front. I have a Series X, so I could run it... But I'm not going to pay full price when it's going to be on sale in a couple of weeks like FO76

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

There aren't even versions for the Series X and PS5... Just the older gens.

But the PS4 version runs on PS5 , a sign it's the hardware not the developer at fault.

The first thing to note is there isn’t actually a PS5 version of Cyberpunk 2077 — at least not yet, as full next-gen upgrades aren’t expected until next year. Instead,I’ve been running the PS4 Pro version on a PS5. Performance-wise, it’s been great.
www.theverge.com...

The amount of time the game has been in production means they had no choice but to develop and release it on current gen as they had no idea when next gen consoles were being released and to not release on current gen would have inured the Roth of owners of those systems.
The game is being patched and will continue to be patched until the problems are sorted so people just need to give them time or upgrade to their next console of choice to get the best from the game.... or get a gaming PC.

edit on 12-12-2020 by gortex because: spelling

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I think they wouldn't catch as much heat if they were transparent about it.

But they only released a PC version to be reviewed prior to release. They also said it ran better than expected on past gen.... 720p under 30fps is PS3/XB360 lol.

They got caught with their pants down. They should have just been honest.

Now... I have a series x... but this still effects the rest of us too. They're going to have to prioritize full platform stability before most ambitions.

My guess is added content, next gen optimization, and multi-player get delayed

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I dont think its that they are old systems (xbox and PS) I think its just not as well optimized for console.

My lap top is several years old with an NVIDIA gtx 1060 and its still beautiful and runs smooth havent had any graphics glitches and only 1 crash (day 1) got about 7 hours played.

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

The XBox one only has 8gb of shared ram , a 1.75 GHz CPU and a 5400rpm Hard Drive , the PS4 has similar specs but a slightly slower Hard Drive , getting Cyberpunk to even run on those systems must have been a real challenge given the size and complexity of the game and the amount of data being shifted to render Night City alone.

edit on 13-12-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join