It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Havana syndrome' likely caused by directed microwaves

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
So back in 2016, several ambassadors and foreign government workers in Cuba experienced strange symptoms from an unknown cause. There was never really much closure to it and it kind of dropped off the radar. I remember back when this happened there was a bunch of speculation as to the cause. At the time, one of the theories going around was that it was some kind of ultrasonic or microwave attack.

Well, a report released by the US government now confirms that the symptoms were likely caused by some kind of directed microwave weapon, though doesn't lay any blame for the attacks.

www.bbc.com...

Mystery illness suffered by US diplomats in Cuba was most likely caused by directed microwave radiation, a US government report has found.

The report by the National Academies of Sciences does not attribute blame for the directed energy waves.

But it said research into the effects of pulsed radio frequency energy was carried out by the Soviet Union more than 50 years ago.

The illnesses first affected people at the US embassy in Havana in 2016-17.

Staff and some of their relatives complained of symptoms ranging from dizziness, loss of balance, hearing loss, anxiety and something they described as "cognitive fog". It became known as "Havana syndrome".

A 2019 US academic study found "brain abnormalities" in the diplomats who had fallen ill, but Cuba dismissed the report.

The latest study was carried out by a team of medical and scientific experts who examined the symptoms of about 40 government employees.

Many have suffered longstanding and debilitating effects, the report said.

"The committee felt that many of the distinctive and acute signs, symptoms and observations reported by (government) employees are consistent with the effects of directed, pulsed radio frequency (RF) energy," the report reads.

Cuba was not the only posting where US diplomats have reported the unusual symptoms.

In 2018, the US removed several officials from China after employees working in the southern city of Guangzhou reported "subtle and vague, but abnormal, sensations of sound and pressure". One US official was diagnosed with mild brain trauma.

Things like this really make you wonder how often attacks like this happen around the world, how many people or countries have these capabilities, how often it's been used on the public unsuspectingly and just how widespread it really is.

It seems like a really nasty and insidious method of attack that leaves the victim with long term, debilitating effects.
edit on 6/12/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I have been here a long time, I have never once worried about a nuclear war.
I have always been frightened of sound wave weapons ....you don't even know it's happening.
Of course 'science' and the Military have come a long way since the '80's

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Good thread mate - Barrie Tower also makes some very interesting comments about weaponised microwaves in this interview.

There's also some very relevant info found in the vid below about the Russian US embassy microwave attack, Dr Robert Becker's opinion on the woodpecker signal and the possibility of a cover up of effects of modulated EMF on humans.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

One Year Ago — Havana Syndrome : Pesticide may have caused diplomats’ illness. Really?

According to a new study commissioned by the Canadian government, fumigation against mosquitoes may have caused Canadian diplomats — and family members — to fall ill. Neither the diplomats nor the federal government consider the just-released report from Dalhousie University’s Brain Repair Centre as a conclusive answer. I am skeptical. On one hand, the Dalhousie report confirms that Canadian diplomats suffered brain injuries while posted in Havana. But in many ways, it brings more questions than answers.

Recall back in August Re: Pelosi’s statement on “fumigating him out of the WhiteHouse” and that she’s in “regular meetings” with COG.
Very strange language for NP (or anyone really) to use in this context.

UPDATE (September 25 2020) — Over the last 12 months, nothing new has emerged and I certainly stand by my initial conclusions.

People point out, as I did, that this theory fails to explain why the pesticide only hurts the North American diplomats and not the Cubans?

This week, we learned that CIA Director Gina Haspel has recently dismissed the idea that Russia was responsible for the alleged attacks on the American and Canadian embassy staff in Cuba (Havana Syndrome).

Havana Syndrome : Neuro-Weapons Behind Cuba Attacks? U.S. Intel Agencies Suspect Russia (CIA Gina says not Russia)

“I don’t know if there’s a definitive answer yet to what’s going on. Somebody needs to get the bottom of it.”

Justin Sanchez — DARPA Director of the Biological Technologies Office

“Is it possible and probable that electromagnetic pulse devices that would then be propagated either directly or vectored could do this? Yes, it’s very, very possible and very probable.”

James Giordano — Professor of neurology and biochemistry at Georgetown University

Silent Sound Spread Spectrum
The Sound of Silence is a military-intelligence code word for certain psychotronic weapons of mass mind-control tested in the mid-1950s, perfected during the 70s, and used extensively by the US military in the early 90s; specifically during the 1990-91 Gulf War in Kuwait & Iraq.

MIND CONTROL WITH SILENT SOUNDS AND SUPER COMPUTERS By Judy Wall The mind-altering mechanism is based on a subliminal carrier technology: the Silent Sound Spread Spectrum (SSSS), sometimes called "S-quad" or "Squad". It was developed by Dr Oliver Lowery of Norcross, Georgia, and is described in US Patent #5,159,703, "Silent Subliminal Presentation System", dated October 27, 1992. The abstract for the patent reads: "A silent communications system in which nonaural carriers, in the very low or very high audio-frequency range or in the adjacent ultrasonic frequency spectrum are amplitude- or frequency-modulated with the desired intelligence and propagated acoustically or vibrationally, for inducement into the brain, typically through the use of loudspeakers, earphones, or piezoelectric transducers.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cooper talks about "Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars" in Chapter 1 of his book Behold A Pale Horse.
Third World War, called the "Quiet War' being conducted using subjective biological warfare, fought with "silent weapons."

The document is genuine. Its truths cannot be negated or shrugged away. The message is this:
You must accept that you have been cattle and the ultimate consequence of
being cattle — which is slavery — or you must prepare to fight, and if necessary die to preserve your God-given right to Freedom.

That last sentence is the real reason why people choose to ignore "Silent
Weapons for Quiet Wars." People are not ready to admit that they have been
cattle. They are not prepared to fight, and if necessary die, for Freedom. It is
an indictment of the citizens of the United States of America. And that is the
total confirmation of the truth of the information contained in "Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars.

Eldon Byrd, Psychotronic Weapons Expert
Byrds of a Feather...
Scientist Eldon Byrd, who worked for the Naval Surface Weapons Office, was commissioned in 1981 to develop electromagnetic devices for purposes including riot control, clandestine operations and hostage removal
Eldon Byrd, Psychotronic Weapons Expert

Defense Intelligence Agency Seeking “Mind Control” Weapons
There are certain silent weapons deployed to manipulate human behavior by using subliminal sound and visual messages. A study overseen by the Defense Intelligence Agency into neuroscience and its implications.
www.globalresearch.ca...

I hear voices...Now, we have Elon Musk's mysterious Neuralink in the headlines when he said that the chip will be able to stream music straight into the wearer's brain--and now, the tech CEO has revealed more details about it.
Link

Implant by Killing Joke (2003) - Silent weapons for a quiet war.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
No doubt it's from Russia they just love testing their tech in their vassal states, This was probably on the lowest setting, on high these directed microwaves would likely cook your brain from the inside, and your skull wound pop-like and eggshell.

Essentially the same tech and sooner or later it will be rolled out here for crowd control. Basically turning people into Hot Pockets

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

So what you're saying is that the diplomat's illnesses are a consequence of US developed weapons? Are they an unintended consequence of targeting Cuban nationals? Or do you think that the US were simply targeting their own?

You'd wonder at why more people weren't affected really.

I think the report shows that the 'experts' are grasping at straws and perhaps unable to understand that sending people to places without properly briefing them as to what to expect is going to put those personnel under tremendous psychological stress. I suspect some of those who became ill were brilliant students from quite sheltered, largely privileged, and highly US-centric upbringings and they got one helluva culture shock.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

The Canadian government's so full of lies it makes America's government look honest at times.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

If the U.S. has had such weapons since the 1980's, don't you think it's possible that other countries had developed their own versions of them by 2016?

I wouldn't imagine that "culture shock" would have caused physically diagnosable damage -

- i.e. the report from Dalhousie University's Brain Repair Centre "confirms that Canadian diplomats suffered brain injuries while posted in Havana"...

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

If the U.S. has had such weapons since the 1980's, don't you think it's possible that other countries had developed their own versions of them by 2016?

I wouldn't imagine that "culture shock" would have caused physically diagnosable damage -

- i.e. the report from Dalhousie University's Brain Repair Centre "confirms that Canadian diplomats suffered brain injuries while posted in Havana"...

Exactly everybody has these weapons, plenty of reports of the Chinese using them on the disputed border to turn the Indian soldier's insides to piping hot Tandori innards.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Did the US have such "weapons since the 1980's"? It certainly appears that by 1995 the US knew that the Soviets were developing RF technology and that it had weaponising potential as the following link confirms...

We cannot now precisely quantify the risk presented by radio frequency weapons, but we know that the risk is growing. I believe that we can respond to this risk by developing near-term, low-cost, broadly-applicable mitigation techniques. These techniques can greatly reduce our susceptibility to radio frequency weapon environments and thereby reduce the risk to our technological superiority that is essential to our military and economic preeminence.

fas.org...

So clearly pulsed RF weapons represented a reality in the minds of the people of the US and gave rise to fears of invisible forces directed against them.

They're very vague about what those "injuries" are. How many of your average Joe and Jill schizophrenics and psychotics in the US who report similar symptoms and situations do you think have the benefit of lawyers ordering MRIs and other tests? Perhaps they would show similar brain "injuries"? At the very least, to be conclusive, we would need MRIs to ascertain that the "injuries" were not evidence of a pre-existing condition.

Conversion disorder and Mass Psychogenic illnesses manifest themselves physically, the patient genuinely feels ill, has physiological manifestations of illness. The person is ill but largely, as far as they can tell, that illness is stress induced. The patient is suffering and the way to end that suffering is to talk them through it not to destroy their illusions in one fell swoop but certainly not to pander to them, you have to engage their rationale which has gone into retreat.

So what possible reason would the "Soviets" or whoever have in targeting Diplomats and I think mainly their wives, in their homes? What purpose would that actually serve?

edit on 7-12-2020 by KilgoreTrout because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
New carpet bombing of articles on the 'Havana Syndrome' from our austere media whores...

'Directed' microwave energy 'most plausible explanation' for making US diplomats ill, new report finds

Course, the 'report' they cite is not linked in article and I'm assuming it's this one...
An Assessment of Illness in U.S. Government Employees and Their Families at Overseas Embassies - which of course you have to purchase to read it.

Same media narrative from Vox and USA Today, and of course the Failing Times so all the recent media articles are very likely BS or at very least not telling the whole truth as usual.

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 11:35 PM
link   
June 26, 2022

The U.S. Government (aka the "taxpayers") may pay you up to $200,000 if you've had "Havana" Syndrome.

ATS Post on the Subject: www.abovetopsecret.com...

File your claim ASAP. Good luck!

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The Sounds That Haunted U.S. Diplomats in Cuba? Lovelorn Crickets, Scientists Say

Diplomatic officials may have been targeted with an unknown weapon in Havana. But a recording of one “sonic attack” actually is the singing of a very loud cricket, a new analysis concludes.

www.nytimes.com...

Scientists say recording of sound heard by U.S. diplomats in Cuba matches crickets - www.nbcnews.com...

'Sonic attack' on US embassy in Havana could have been crickets, say scientists - www.theguardian.com...

Crickets could be behind the Cuba 'sonic attack' mystery, scientists say - edition.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Some great research there bud.

Here's that vid with Professor Sutton.

new topics

top topics

join