It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunday morning conformation bias

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I won't pretend this is anything other than the title states. It's anecdotal "evidence" from a guy. Good points, and the kind that make those of us who feel like this election was somewhat of a joke, smile and nod. No it's not proof of anything. It won't change the results. And it won't be any bombshell. But if you are feeling a little down, this is just the pick me up you need along with your morning coffeeve.

www.foxnews.com...

President-elect Joe Biden defied key "non-polling metrics" to defeat President Trump in a way that is "not statistically impossible, but it's statistically implausible," pollster Patrick Basham told Fox News' "Life, Liberty & Levin" in an interview airing Sunday night.

The video in the link is fun to watch. I hope everyone enjoys and have a nice Sunday morning!

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

No one likes math and science anymore, they only believe that one person that said things......

Anyone that denies these claims, is willfully ignorant or uneducated. As for the latter, surely they would like to open their closed-minded view......... oh wait, nevermind.... the sand is too warm and comfortable.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

Math is cool until it says mean things to you. then it's bad.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Math is racist nowadays

Seattle Schools Propose To Teach That Math Education Is Racist—Will California Be Far Behind?

www.hoover.org...

I guess we should be counting votes in the manner other than western civilization......

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

That is a terrifying thing to teach adolescents...... “Indoctrination of Racial Mathematics”

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I've listened to a handful of these guys talk about this now. The fact that they are so taken aback by the numbers tells me they know this election went terribly wrong, but all they can do is present their findings and let everything run its course. It's interesting that the left is all about science and "numbers don't lie" until it works against them. Then it's all bunk.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

test scores remain low, and improvement is proceeding at a glacial pace. Just 40 percent of California schoolchildren are proficient at math.
a reply to: neutronflux

From that article: let’s blame mathematics for being racist, instead of holding the teachers responsible for not doing their job. LOL

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Excellent synopsis... however, it will fall on deaf ears.

It is easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled...

edit on 6-12-2020 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

People will not see anything in the numbers except what their preferred news source tells them.
All the statistical improbability’s popping up will just be ignored.

Now you would think after two presidential elections with the results being questioned by both sides would lead to a reform of the voting system. Unfortunately the winning side has no desire to make a change.

It’s time for online voting with fingerprints and or facial recognition.
Our banking system has been doing this safely for a decade.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Safely might be stretching things a bit, considering that hacking into a database of fingerprints or facial data is the same as hacking into a database of passwords. Once you're in, that data opens up a world full of devices, literally.

It could be done though, with multiple levels of security that keeps even those who manage those systems in check. No matter which way we go, there will always be fraud, glitches, and human error, but it can be minimized to a greater extent.

edit on 12/6/2020 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The fact that a President has zero authority to do a mask mandate has nothing to do with it because the information table (MSM) clearly explains it all.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

what if we treated voting like we do bank transactions? Sure it would disenfranchise the black vote since brown people don't use banks, but other than that, verifying ID, and making sure you only withdraw what you have available seems like a prudent way to conduct business.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Those metrics, according to Basham, include "party registration trends, how the candidates did in their respective presidential primaries, the number of individual donations, [and] how much enthusiasm each candidate generated in the opinion polls."

Just playing devils advocate...
Is this a normal election year, and could that have impacted any of the above metrics?

BTW. I've been a number cruncher for many years, dealing with mass amounts of data.
Anomalies do happen, and I would expect if it were to ever happen in an election this would be the year...

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
what if we treated voting like we do bank transactions?

Should'a ... Would'a ... Could'a

But, noooooo ....

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Klassified

what if we treated voting like we do bank transactions? Sure it would disenfranchise the black vote since brown people don't use banks, but other than that, verifying ID, and making sure you only withdraw what you have available seems like a prudent way to conduct business.

That's exactly what we need to do, and should have done years ago. It isn't as though the technology hasn't been there for years now to conduct reasonably secure elections.
It wouldn't have to disenfranchise those without bank accounts, we would just use a similar method to secure their credentials and voting access. Most of the fraud takes place above the level of the average citizen anyway.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

what if we treated voting like we do bank transactions?

Should'a ... Would'a ... Could'a

But, noooooo ....

we have almost 4 years before the next presidential election. What if we started looking at it now? Could we as a nation agree on a secure way of voting that would ensure every vote is legal and counts? (I know, it made me smile to type it)

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Math is racist nowadays

Seattle Schools Propose To Teach That Math Education Is Racist—Will California Be Far Behind?

www.hoover.org...

I guess we should be counting votes in the manner other than western civilization......

They’re going after STEM as well. There’s a high density of both stupidity and danger wrapped up in their schtick.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand

No one likes math and science anymore, they only believe that one person that said things......

Anyone that denies these claims, is willfully ignorant or uneducated. As for the latter, surely they would like to open their closed-minded view......... oh wait, nevermind.... the sand is too warm and comfortable.

I read scientific evidence every day, opinion is used to translate it most times. Who's science is correct? Beliefs are used to both design parameters for research and to interpret the meaning of the research. Financial gain, belief, and desire for prestige govern how science is interpretted. Half of the interpretation of scientific evidence are not interpretted correctly, and parameters of the research can be adjusted to make the research show what those funding the research desire the outcome to be. The theory of relativity needs to be comprehended in order to properly utilize science. Politicians are not scientists or medical experts, they choose the experts that will parrot their beliefs.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
It’s time for online voting with fingerprints and or facial recognition.

Rotflmao!

So, you want to switch from a highly insecure system using chinese owned compromised voting machines that allow anyone to do whatever they want with the numbers, to an online system that allows anyone to hack into online and do whatever they want with the numbers?

Sounds like a plan!

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Those metrics, according to Basham, include "party registration trends, how the candidates did in their respective presidential primaries, the number of individual donations, [and] how much enthusiasm each candidate generated in the opinion polls."

Just playing devils advocate...
Is this a normal election year, and could that have impacted any of the above metrics?

BTW. I've been a number cruncher for many years, dealing with mass amounts of data.
Anomalies do happen, and I would expect if it were to ever happen in an election this would be the year...

This year is an anomaly, but it still calls into question that ALL the highly correlated metrics to victory would be inaccurate at the same time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join