It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple Strategies That Will Improve Your Immunity

page: 1

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I just see this article and video from Mercola.com and i really think it have very important information . This is the way boost your immunity and prevent getting too sick.

Simple Strategies That Will Improve Your Immunity Analysis by Dr. Joseph Mercola

The authors list the most important nutrients , which are Vitamin D ,magnesium , zinc , selenium and melatonin .

Why this kind of approach strategy is not the #1 ? I think it should be.

Also very important is metabolic state, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, over weigh are things that make immunity run on lower level, so healthy living is also very important. Avoiding linoleic acid-rich vegetable oils is also important, too much of it cause harm...i do take some olive oil that has linoleic acid but there is oils that has much larger % of it .Excess linoleic acid cause damage to body.

www.news-medical.net...

The authors Dr. James DiNicolantonio and Siim Land have new book about this ,The Immunity Fix .

The Immunity Fix

edit on 6-12-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

I just see this article and video from Mercola.com and i really think is have very important information . This is the way boost your immunity and prevent getting too sick.

Simple Strategies That Will Improve Your Immunity Analysis by Dr. Joseph Mercola

The authors list the most important nutrients , which are Vitamin D ,magnesium , zinc , selenium and melatonin .

Why this kind of approach strategy is not the #1 ? I think it should be.

Also very important is metabolic state, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, over weigh are things that make immunity run on lower level, so healthy living is also very important. Avoiding linoleic acid-rich vegetable oils is also important, too much of it cause harm...i do take some olive oil that has linoleic acid but there is oils that has much larger % of it .Excess linoleic acid cause damage to body.

www.news-medical.net...

The authors Dr. James DiNicolantonio and Siim Land have new book about this ,The Immunity Fix .

The Immunity Fix

Such a firm believer in these types of regimens. I've had my gall bladder taken out a few years ago, and it really whacked me out, finally found a Doctor who listened and prescribed the right prescriptions along with taking the right vitamins in easier digestible forms not only lost a load of weight I feel better have more energy, most of the time. Every vitamin or supplement you mentioned was on her list.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Me too, and the problem is that so many people really have nutrional deficiencys . I am taking all those nutrients mentioned every day expect melatonin which i take only sometimes for sleeping problems or if have flu symptoms .

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzopp

Thanks it's just not the information that makes it ATS the place to come to everyday.
Caring and sharing of each members on this form that makes us the world's best forum.

edit on 1200000031432020-12-06T01:43:31-06:00433112am1 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

Me too, and the problem is that so many people really have nutrional deficiencys . I am taking all those nutrients mentioned every day expect melatonin which i take only sometimes for sleeping problems or if have flu symptoms .

I live in a place where melatonin is scheduled and we can only get homeopathic variants. I did try the local brand once, and actually did get results. But knowing it was a hint of a hint of a hint x 1000 of the actual thing, ordered it from an online supplier.

I cannot say I noticed anything. My sleep pattern is so out of whack however, I just may have been wasting it, rather than using it at an appropriate time. I took it when I wanted to sleep, not when I was physically ready to.

But I do take thiamine, vitamin d supplelments, a general multi vit, raw honey, turmeric with black pepper, bicarb in a honey base (maple syrup is too expensive here)..

I'd like to think that despite the abject terror I've subjected myself to over the years, I am finding a balance.

All that remains for me, is to finally source a decent supply of vitamin c and lecithin to make my own liposomal vitamin c. The store bought stuff I did try many months ago, didn't do what people have described on the label. But then, it's very hard to source here due to everyone stocking up with covid, so I except it was just the cheapest source left.

What has actually been a real value for sleep for me, has been bacopa. I don't feel groggy after taking it, can even stay up for a while after. But as soon as I hit the pillow, I'm out, and waking up is definitely 'hit the alarm 3 times'... but once up, chipper as anything.

not recommended for people who have an early start, for sure.

edit on 6-12-2020 by carniv0re because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

That's a good advice. I normally take zinc 2 or 3 times a week. Vitamin D too. I also take potassium and magnesium once a week, taking potassium more than that gives me constipation.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
a reply to: Kenzopp

Thanks it's just not the information that makes it ATS the place to come to everyday.
Caring and sharing of each members on this form that makes us the world's best forum.

100% true. We are family. We laugh and cry together.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Bookmarking this ATS page, and your link for posterity.

The information is outstanding. Thanks!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

We know these health tips are good, because they are being showed to us from our loving and caring health authorities.
Dr. Falsie in the USA, and Dr. Feresa Flim-Flam here in Canada, have shown us how much they care for us, by sharing all of this common-sense health info with us. And not from some semi-marginalized online doc.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I am still skeptical about Melatonin used regularly. I think it is an excellent product to use occassionally, but it can have side effects too. If we take it every night, the body will lower enzymes to convert serotonin to melatonin. That could make you dependent on it.

I like homemade Cherry pie made with tart cherries, a piece before bed for a snack helps me sleep. I like bananas, but I eat potatoes regularly, and it causes me to have more latex reactions, so I don't eat them unless I haven't eaten potatoes, tomatoes, or any root vegetables for a couple of days...which is never.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Such a firm believer in these types of regimens. I've had my gall bladder taken out a few years ago, and it really whacked me out, finally found a Doctor who listened and prescribed the right prescriptions along with taking the right vitamins in easier digestible forms not only lost a load of weight I feel better have more energy, most of the time. Every vitamin or supplement you mentioned was on her list.

Hopefully the prescriptions were just for bile salts - that is the main thing you need if you've had your GB removed (unless there is more going on).

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Also very important is metabolic state, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, over weigh are things that make immunity run on lower level, so healthy living is also very important.

This - but, what constitutes healthy living is where it gets tough. There is so much just flat bad information out there.

There are still a lot of sources claiming that saturated fat is bad for you, and even a lot of people here that believe that myth.

For permanent weight loss and vibrant health, I recommend people learn about the following:

- Insulin Resistance
- Keto diet
- Carnivore diet
The perfect elimination diet, if not permanent diet - lots of medical doctors who investigated carnivore to debunk it, ended up staying on it permanently.
- Intermittent Fasting
- Periodic extended fasting
48-72 hours typically, but I've done a 33 day water fats before

Lastly, if you are still on the calorie restriction myth with regard to weight loss... get off now. It is a false paradigm, because it assumes the body is static. It isn't. When you reduce calories in, your metabolism adjusts by lowering output to the amount of calories being consumed.

Also, exercise, while providing lots of health benefits, is useless when it comes to weight loss.

Last - one of the absolute best exercises you can do for overall health is to get a high quality rebounder (mini-trampoline), and regularly (at least once, if not multiple times per day) engage in what is called the 'health bounce'. This is where you just gently bounce, without your feet leaving the mat. These can be bought with a handlebar, so even the elderly and inform can do this. This is highly energizing, and stimulates the lymphatic system, which is critical to vibrant health (the lymphatic system is what is responsible for cleaning the body of cellular waste products). Be careful though, if your lymphatic system is clogged (and if you are overweight and unhealthy, it almost certainly is), it can make you feel really sick when the lymph starts moving. Just be aware that is all that is happening, and it is a good thing.

posted on Dec, 6 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Yes i done some calorie restriction , while i was in Intermittent Fasting.....i taked too far and noticed that my body started to go "saving mode" meaning i could not even loose weight even when i really did not eat much at all and only about once a day....body metabolism was slowed to degree i did not find good.

Since then i have not go that far..

Trampoline is SUPER good, i dont have it but i read so much about the benefits. I have inversion table in use that also help stimulate the lymphatic system. Yes i noticed that once i get the lymph moving i feel worse....it just means that toxins are starting move. Both trampoline and inversion table + exercise is good for lymphatic system . Now think about the lockdows...people exercise less because of it.....it cause the lymph to not move as should, which then causes toxic build up and LOWERS IMMUNITY. So they do so much harm to health with the lockdowns,

top topics

join