It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus vaccine: Pfizer given protection from legal action by UK government

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

The UK government has granted pharmaceutical giant Pfizer a legal indemnity protecting it from being sued, enabling its coronavirus vaccine to be rolled out across the country as early as next week.

The Department of Health and Social Care has confirmed the company has been given an indemnity protecting it from legal action as a result of any problems with the vaccine.

Coronavirus vaccine: Pfizer given protection from legal action by UK government

Make of this what you will...

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: yo_da84

Standby

They pretty much have to protect them because we've never seen a vaccine pushed liked this before. All the Red Tape for making and testing is out the window at this point. I am still going to do the wait and see approach.

I was at the doctors 2 hours ago. A surgeon not a personal care physician, and first words out of his mouth were that he's for the vaccine but it's a bummer to him that the vaccines won't be out for at least 3 months.

He was hinting that the hospital was going to require the proof of vaccination before having a surgical procedure. Right now it's just ok to not have a temperature higher than 99.9° or other signs and symptoms. But soon to require a test for Covid19 and then mandatory vaccination before procedures.
edit on 4-12-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
That's what will happen here in America too...just take Your jab, nobody is responsible for what happens after that.

I'll pass thanks!

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
VERY BAD NEWS, this shows the Tory Party's UTTER disrespect for the well being of the British People and there health, they don't care about side affects, future generations with possible birth defects as with previous faulty virus, people going into shock as there immune response over reacts and them dying from a faulty vaccine or anything else so long as they get the peons back into work and themselves getting richer.

Irresponsible Idiocy at it's worst.

Yes we need to get the vaccine rolled out and fast BUT AT WHAT COST, ANY COST?.

After this I would not be surprised by anything, a Tory selling there soul or there own mother?.

We have imbeciles in government and it is now official.

(mind you the other lot are not much better if at all, they are all peas in a pod - bad peas).

And this lot could have bailed out the likes of the Arcadia Group by government rock bottom price share takeover to be resold once the group was back on it's feet (making a very tidy profit for the tax payer in the process not like there dirty tricks with the bank's though in which they just ripped the tax payer off and there friends got all the benefits when they resold the government state in them) but NO that goes against the Tory's beliefs, small government big business.

edit on 4-12-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
LOL yea that will go over really well, Oh that's right it's England they have already rolled over. The majority will think it's fine. But hey they are more intelligent than Americans, so they got that going for them. Right.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

We are not actually more intelligent, about the same mostly but we do tend to be less trusting of our government and also far more cynical.
But some will love that claim, actually I have no idea what the average IQ result would be but the elite are about the same, the middle class probably about the same and the working class most likely about the same.

But hey thanks', now IF I can squeeze my suddenly huge British head back through the doorway on the way out.

edit on 4-12-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Breast-feeding
It is unknown whether COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 is excreted in human milk. A risk to the newborns/infants cannot be excluded. COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 should not be used during breast-feeding.
Fertility It is unknown whether COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 has an impact on fertility.

Source: UK Gov't [PDF] Pg 6.

'Messenger' RNA. Get it?!
From what I heard this isn’t mentioned in leaflets for patients - it’s only in the health professionals leaflet.

1976 swine flu outbreak

In 1976, an outbreak of the swine flu, influenza A virus subtype H1N1 at Fort Dix, New Jersey caused one death, hospitalized 13, and led to a mass immunization program. After the program began, the vaccine was associated with an increase in reports of Guillain-Barré Syndrome, which can cause paralysis, respiratory arrest, and death. The immunization program was ended after approximately 25% of the population of the United States had been administered the vaccine.

One death!!

On April 8, an official from the Federal Insurance Company informed Merck & Co., a manufacturer of the swine flu vaccine, that it would exclude indemnity on Merck's product liability for the swine flu vaccine on July 1, 1976. T. Lawrence Jones, president of the American Insurance Association, informed the Office of Management and Budget that the insurance industry would not cover liability for the vaccine unless the government extended liability protection.

A little more than two weeks later, the Ford administration submitted a proposal to Congress that offered indemnity to vaccine manufacturers.

Potential Deja Vu: The Swine Flu Vaccination Fraud of 1976

CBS ” 60 MINUTES” documentary on the swine flu epidemic of 1976 in the U.S. It went on air only once and was never shown again. Watch this video documentary and listen to testimony of people who caught Gullian-Barre paralysis because of the swine flu vaccine. They sued the US government for damages.

500 cases of Gullian-Barre paralysis, including 25 deaths—not due to the swine flu itself, but as a direct result of the vaccine. At the time President Gerald Ford, on advice from the CDC, called for vaccination of the ENTIRE population of the United States.

The difference now, and what is the REAL danger, is we have no questioning media.

Laurence Gostin wrote an article that the CDC did not have a "specific set of tests and symptoms to define Guillain-Barré" and that since doctors who reported cases already knew that a link was suspected, a bias in reporting was introduced. She quoted Keiji Fukuda: "if a new virus gets identified or reappears, you don't want to jump the gun and assume a pandemic is happening."

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
From the UK government's website:

If you’re severely disabled as a result of a vaccination against certain diseases, you could get a one-off tax-free payment of £120,000. This is called a Vaccine Damage Payment.

www.gov.uk...

So, no, the companies themselves will not be liable to hand out the cash - the taxpayer will.

And then comes the inevitable argument about what constitutes "severely disabled".

The companies, meanwhile, have been laughing all the way to the bank, having sold a mass of stock already when the markets went batsh#t crazy the other week based simply on promises of vaccine effectiveness. No wonder the FBI is sniffing around Moderna, for example.

A case of...

edit on 4-12-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I have a feeling this may be the most safest and effective vaccine ever. Only because I suspect there is nothing but salt in these vaccines.

Big pharma is guaranteeing themselves a victory here on the world stage. And without a doubt the cases will drop.

Anyone can be a hero fighting a fake virus with a fake vaccine and the media in your pockets.

Fight water with water.

Seriously though, I don’t know... at this point anything is possible.

ETA:
I’ll add something more useful
Research Guillain-Barre (gee-YAH-buh-RAY) syndrome
edit on 4-12-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)
to learn more about what can happen from a bad reaction to a vaccine.

Guillain-Barre (gee-YAH-buh-RAY) syndrome is a rare disorder in which your body's immune system attacks your nerves. Weakness and tingling in your extremities are usually the first symptoms. These sensations can quickly spread, eventually paralyzing your whole body. In its most severe form Guillain-Barre syndrome is a medical emergency. Most people with the condition must be hospitalized to receive treatment.

edit on 4-12-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

We are not actually more intelligent, about the same mostly but we do tend to be less trusting of our government and also far more cynical.
But some will love that claim, actually I have no idea what the average IQ result would be but the elite are about the same, the middle class probably about the same and the working class most likely about the same.

But hey thanks', now IF I can squeeze my suddenly huge British head back through the doorway on the way out.

Let's not argue about who is less intelligent than whom...

Obviously I was speaking collectively and there weren't individual assertations or assumptions in any way, shape, or form.

That said collectively you are likely more intelligent, however, we Americans have the extreme disadvantage of the American Public School system, in our early years and increasing biased and overpriced University education as young adults. Honestly have heard Americans this and Americans that and the world thinks this just a tad too much lately. Thus the sarcastic response, it might be the rainy cold weather.

edit on 4-12-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This is S.O.P for many if not most pharma products.

It only applies to them as they are special.

Imagine a car is produced and 1 million get sold.
Say 20 000 die from a brake design fault.
The car maker is liable for that.

The only other "company" which has similar special protection is surprise! the banks,who are also special.

They are both special because they are such huge cogs in the infernal machine.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: yo_da84

You can't expect them to shove it through development and then take all responsibility for any negative effects.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist
a reply to: Bigburgh

I have a feeling this may be the most safest and effective vaccine ever. Only because I suspect there is nothing but salt in these vaccines.
Thank you Snopes! WHAT would we do without you?

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Hi there is this comment on the scheme as well -

www.reuters.com... WF

To be fair, it comforts me to have the National Health Service at the head of the line for the vaccine, despite not being a NHS worker.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

It may have been very true back in the 70's and 80's at the Academic level since we used to invest hugely in our education system but since the 1980's it has seen vast real world cutback's and many areas especially deprived ones do not do as well as they did in the past, partially due to a serious lack of easily accessible employment in the areas, cut's to our welfare system (something that is very different to what you have stateside) and also these days a lack of decent housing.

Then in the 90's and the early 2000's the government actually dumbed down our academic system, an old A level for example was far more academically intensive than a modern A level just so we are not really educating our kid's to be the world beaters we used to, part of this is politician's driven by globalist agendas wanting to import expertise as if they have forgotten all about the period of the brain drain when we lost our best experts to non other than your nation were they were paid better, had better living standards and with there qualifications could find job's far more easily than they could in the UK.

At the Genetic level there is little or no difference, our education system is now nowhere near as good as it was and I fear for the future generations of our kid's, back in the 70's politicians constantly talked about our children being the future of our nation but these days they simply try to avoid the issue and I can not remember the last time I heard a rousing speech from a politician of any of our party's as to the necessity and value of having out children highly educated, in fact it is almost as if they do not have the good of our children or our nations future in there intention's at all.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

It may have been very true back in the 70's and 80's at the Academic level since we used to invest hugely in our education system but since the 1980's it has seen vast real world cutback's and many areas especially deprived ones do not do as well as they did in the past, partially due to a serious lack of easily accessible employment in the areas, cut's to our welfare system (something that is very different to what you have stateside) and also these days a lack of decent housing.

Then in the 90's and the early 2000's the government actually dumbed down our academic system, an old A level for example was far more academically intensive than a modern A level just so we are not really educating our kid's to be the world beaters we used to, part of this is politician's driven by globalist agendas wanting to import expertise as if they have forgotten all about the period of the brain drain when we lost our best experts to non other than your nation were they were paid better, had better living standards and with there qualifications could find job's far more easily than they could in the UK.

At the Genetic level there is little or no difference, our education system is now nowhere near as good as it was and I fear for the future generations of our kid's, back in the 70's politicians constantly talked about our children being the future of our nation but these days they simply try to avoid the issue and I can not remember the last time I heard a rousing speech from a politician of any of our party's as to the necessity and value of having out children highly educated, in fact it is almost as if they do not have the good of our children or our nations future in there intention's at all.

Interesting insight and this is one of the things I like most about ATS hearing from real people about their country and its issues.

Sounds like your government much like ours doesn't really want too many intelligent free thinkers wandering around. Of course, America pilfering your top minds while we have a huge population in comparison speaks to our issues as well.

My daughter is a teacher and I've watched her start 5 years ago as an enthusiastic competent intelligent caring teacher to being stressed by the bureaucracy and guidelines in her profession, along with a wide variety of in-class issues, but mostly they just want to pump students through the system. Have heard the same from my older sister who has taught for decades and even my niece who is a teacher as well. Our education or lack thereof is always a subject when we get together. All three have stressed that our education system is much more competent in rural and suburban areas than in the metropolitan areas where we can have 1500-2500 students in one secondary school. My high school in the '80s didn't even have 650 students, now it has over 1700 it's more than staff can handle. Throw in the diversity of cultures in the student body, at a crucial time in a kid's development 12-13 years old and they have issues communicating, and it's even more difficult getting the parents involved.

I am encouraged and hope the public at large in both our countries is paying attention to when our governments overstep their boundaries and don't have our best interests at heart. Bottom line if a vaccine isn't ready and the company needs protection from lawsuits, should be a huge red flag. I'm hoping a good portion of Britons respond in disagreement.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Public Health England: PCR Test is Not Able To Detect Infectious Virus!

Link

The goverment has know that from start, but they insist still the lockdowns, now the vaccine, mask etc....they lie in your face.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 04:04 AM
link   
So, to recap, from Day-1..........

Everybody thoroughly wash your hands and sing Happy Birthday, twice, to ensure you wash them for the government mandated correct amount of time. The dreaded Rona can live up to 24 hours.... no, make that 48.......perhaps up to 72, maybe even 25 years on all surfaces. Believe us and our experts!

By the way, its not airborne, no doubt about it, our experts have told us so.

Followed shortly afterwards by.........

Everybody maintain 2 metres distancing at all times, everywhere. All you drones commuting to work every day now have to, wherever possible, work from home until further notice. All shops, unless selling essential items only, will have to close. Bars, clubs, restaurants all have to close too.

All NHS staff are angelic heroes and you are now all expected to step outside and clap in the street every Thursday evening until further notice. Come on, show your support, anyone not doing so is obviously unpatriotic and heartless!

Our expert from Imperial College, having run the numbers on his ZX spectrum thingy has determined that we are to expect 500,000 dead from the dreaded Rona by summer. Make peace with your chosen creator!

Oh! Did we tell you it's airborne - our experts confirm it - and now you all have to wear a mask everywhere in public as well as staying 2 metres apart at all times.

Oh! By the way, out expert from Imperial college (the one with the ZX Spectrum computer thingy) has had to step down after he kept nipping out, despite the apparent risks and lockdown rules he said everyone must follow, for a shag with his bit on the side. He's clever so we'll still keep listening to him though.....cos he's an expert!

Followed shortly afterwards by........

Pubs and restaurants can now open but only where they can provide eating / drinking while maintaining separation....for a while until we come up with another comical scheme.

Ok, all you commuting drones can now go back to work.... come on, chop chop, move along there! As long as you wear a mask at all times and stay 2 metres apart of course!

Followed shortly afterwards by........

We've come up with an even better (even more hairbrained) scheme. Pubs, bars, restaurants can only open if they are serving hot meals and diners are obliged after eating, before so much as a hearty belch, to vacate the premises. Once fed, no more alcoholic beverages can be served. Those drinking soft drinks can stay (Rona steers clear of tee-total folks and lightweights.... apparently).

It pains me, often, to think that my hard earned money goes to pay the exorbitant salaries and perks of these politicians and their teams of "experts" who, from what I can determine, are all a bunch of complete narcissistic F***tards!

If they'd tried introducing most of these measures from day 1, there would have been more than a few raised eyebrows and serious questions asked. Best to take baby steps and turn the screw incrementally for more guaranteed acceptance. At the same time, bring in the military and spook teams to monitor what people are saying about it all and manipulate public opinion via social media and the controlled media. Can't have the peasants saying bad things about them and suspecting underhanded shenanigans! If that happens, best blame foreign johnnies and their nefarious disinformation, because, well, johnny Chinaman wants us all to die of Rona you see!

I tire of it all.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

Thank you for that link. It would also explain the Long-Covids.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa

404'd

Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join