It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Alien Mask' Found At Late Chalcolithic Salt pit, Near Bulgaria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Hey ATS!

Here's a recent discovery.

A bizarre prehistoric clay mask or a figurine lacking a mouth but featuring both human and animal traits and resembling an “alien" from a sci-fi movie, which dates back to the end of the 5th millennium BC, has been discovered during the latest archaeological excavations of the Provadiya – Solnitsata (“The Salt Pit") Settlement Mound in Northeast Bulgaria, a settlement also known as the oldest town in Europe.

The mouthless prehistoric clay mask or figurine from the Late Chalcolithic, i.e. the period before 4,000 BC, is one out of many impressive artifacts found in the latest digs in the Salt Pit settlement near Bulgaria’s Provadiya.

The release on the official Facebook page of the Provadiya – Solnitsata archaeological site, a wealthy town whose residents grew rich extracting stone salt and trading with distant human communities during the 5th millennium BC, describes the “alien" artifact as an “untypical, plastic arts anthropomorphic image."

“[The face] has shaped eyebrows, a stylized nose, and elliptical eyes. The artifact was most probably a status symbol hanging on the chest of the person worthy of it. It is interesting that the artifact does have even a hint of a mouth," the archaeological team explains with respect to the mouthless prehistoric mask.

“That is certainly not accidental and bears its own symbolism. The emphasis is on the eyes – their shape, their size as well as the vertical polished bands beneath them are saying a lot more than the missing mouth," the researchers elaborate.

In 2016, several roughly 6,500-year-old gold artifacts were discovered in the prehistoric Salt Pit town, together with numerous other finds, and back in September 2015, with the discovery of a 6,300-year-old gold jewel also made international headlines. Provadiya – Solnitsata was one of the earliest major settlements from Europe’s civilization, the prehistoric civilization which emerged in the Neolithic on the territory of today’s Bulgaria and parts of the neighboring countries such as Romania and Serbia, in the Balkans and the Lower Danube Valley and near the Black Sea.

Another mysterious prehistoric artifact which has fed “alien” speculations, and for which no rational explanation has been offered, also from the Chalcolithic (5th millenium BC) found in Bulgaria is a “space rocket” or “space ship” artifact discovered near the town of Telish.

It's worth noting that "aliens" have been depicted in many locations around the world and by multiple civilizations too.

Rockefeller Museum:

Aboriginal cave art:

Armenian stonehedge:

Mayan art:

So what could these refer to, ATS?

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Anon283799

Jesus, looks like the predator or the decepticon logo
edit on 4-12-2020 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

That mask reminded me of one these...

Completely wrong era, I know. Just reminded me of one...

Cool find..

Peace

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I'd like to believe alien but it seems more like bird, mushroom, turtle. (Top 3 fotos)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Another mysterious prehistoric artifact which has fed “alien” speculations, and for which no rational explanation has been offered, also from the Chalcolithic (5th millenium BC) found in Bulgaria is a “space rocket” or “space ship” artifact discovered near the town of Telish.

That looks like a personal stupa to me.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The "rocket" looks a lot like an incense holder... just saying.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

The Egyptians also used similar eyes in their artworks to depict human beings and as Bulgaria is tied into the same trade roots of old then it was possibly the same. Also if its rotated it could be depicted as a rising phoenix or even a as yet unknown rocket of that era departing for space. Interesting find

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

That's either an ancient athletic supporter for a young warrior or an emblem for a necklace. I hope they weren't putting it over their noses or mouth thinking it was a mask

For the record, I believe aliens have been around for thousands of years as your other pictures show, but I don't think the OP is an alien mask. Nobody would have a top head small enough to wear it.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The first pic looks like the Aliens from the Independence Day movie

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

That looks like a personal stupa to me.

I wonder how big it is... It looks like something that would hold spears or other weaponry. The hole at the top would have been use to push a rod through with a man on each side to move it. If it's small, it could be something they put incense in, from the bottom, to push the fragrance out of the holes.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Why have I never seen the bottom Mayan art pic and why is no one talking about it?

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

The "rocket ship" looked to me like a stylized whistle that would be attached to a string of some sort and whirled around.
Someone could reproduce it's holes and weight and try it. I wouldn't try the original, with my luck the string would snap and the rocket would fly into space...

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Let me get my joke out of the way first..

Don't know about the first picture however the second looks like a quasi alien/Bulgarian butt plug. Who knows? those alien anal probes can get messy.

Crazy archaeological finds recently the ancient wall paintings and now this. I believe there was way more to our ancient ancestors than people want to admit. Too many pictures and artifacts in widely dispersed areas have these same "alien" characteristics to be ignored as coincidence. Just the what if? story of the Anunnaki is a fascinating theory. We have so many mysteries in today's world it's short-sighted to dismiss ancient theories off hand.

Firm believer to know where we are going we got to know where we have been

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
Why have I never seen the bottom Mayan art pic and why is no one talking about it?

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I'm thinking that about the one at the Rockefellar Museum

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Incense makes sense.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Thats really cool-I wonder what the 2 little holes are for?
Maybe for hanging on a wall,or some other missing part of the mask would hang from the holes.

Not sure about the image from the rockerfeller museum-It looks fake,too alien like.
It looks like a film prop.
The only sources I could find on that all seem to relate to a UFO website and an interesting yet very far out tale about an Egyptologist called Sir William Petrie who it is claimed found alien artefacts at ancient sites in Egypt.

alien-ufo-sightings.com...

That one seems bogus to me.

But the first mask looks legit

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATruGod

I'm thinking that about the one at the Rockefellar Museum

Yeah...that’s too much. Even if legit. It looks brand new. That top will take some time to accept.

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
How appropriate, the new season starts tonight, same alien night,same alien time, same alien channel... (My apologies to Batman)

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
a reply to: LSU2018

Incense makes sense.

Maybe the holes at the top were used to swing it back and forth by ancient priests, much like today's Catholic priests.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join