It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do we go for news?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sometimes, I will be reading a blog when a Name or some place or institution catches my attention and I will do Google searches for them. Sometimes, they lead to some pretty interesting stuff.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter
I recommend listening to powder with crowder. He tells you to actively listen to those whose viewpoints you cannot stand.

Then go pick them apart with facts and evidence.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Themaskedbeast

Auto correct I typed louder with crowder

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Thank you all for your replies.

I don't feel that my views are narrow, but rather that they've BEEN narrowed from experience and the reality I perceive doesn't line up with what I'm being shown.

Citizen Free Press is a good start, thanks.

Sky News Australia is one I haven't considered and I'll take a look, thanks.

Also, I agree that making up my own mind is the best formula. However, maybe I could've worded this original post better.

It's not just about consuming news, it's about finding a place where my views are not considered odd.

All of my life I've never been much of an outsider. Even now, at work, I'm politically savvy, engaging and friends with many. My success climbing the corporate ladder tells me this.

In that environment, however, I have to wear a face that is not my own. Online, I have to wear a face that is not my own (except here).

I can't be the only one who feels backed into a corner, socially.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I like RT, The Spectator, WSJ...American Conservative is another site I like.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This is a christian site. I go to Cutting Edge Daily News

This site grabs news from various alternate news sources such as the Canadian Free Press, Town Hall, American Greatness, Epoch Times, The Federalist, and more. Yes it does pick up Breititbart. There are many good news sources.

Currently their sections are election news republicsn, election news democrats, key news, and Isreal/Palestinian War.

They are geared towards news that could potentislly be prophetic in bringing about the new world order.

I also watch ooan, and next news network on youtube.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
For as long as I can remember I too realize that if you accept the opposite of the news, you become informed. Same was true with politicians (til Trump.)
a reply to: Murgatroid

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   
It doesn't matter what news platform you chose. Ideology and confirmation bias will stomp all over your common sense anyway, and that's the style of news you will gravitate to. You might as well indulge your dogma which keeps your critical thinking in check and you can be comfortable.

edit on 3-12-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Honestly, for me, it's not a question of where I get MY news....what worries the hell out of me is where everyone else is getting THEIR news.

This society, maybe humanity as a whole, is a much more gullible and easily influenced group than I once would have thought possible. And the bad guys(looking at you, Mr. Chomsky) have figured that out.

The pen is indeed mightier than the sword, and what people believe and are influenced by is what determines, well, everything---- and reality be damned.

The era of 'manufactured consent' and narrative driven social actions is upon us, and damned if I can figure out a way to counter that. Granted, it's easy to see through the BS on small, personal levels....but try to convince the OTHER guy, the mass/mob of that .

The entire 'humanity-can-be-easily-manipulated' paradigm needs over turned. But damned if I know how. Once I would have thought the internet would help, but hell, it's made it worse.

Srry for meandering there, lol.

My personal sources are several that I read, consider, and then try to determine exactly where the truth lies. I take in sources from all sides if possible then go from there. I know that's not the answer you were looking for, but it's how I do it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join