It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

perspective on Covid deaths in kids.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Can't go back to school. Too dangerous.

so far in the 0-24 year age group, 528 have died.
www.cdc.gov...

but,
I ran across this:

Since influenza-associated pediatric mortality became a nationally-notifiable condition during the 2004-2005 season, the total number of influenza-associated pediatric deaths has ranged from 37 to 171. (This excludes the 2009 pandemic, when 358 pediatric deaths were reported to CDC during April 15, 2009, through October 2, 2010.)

www.cdc.gov...

Now my memory isn't what it used to be, I have forgotten some things over the years. But did I forget closing the world, or at least the schools back in 2009-2010 flu season?

If not, then what is the threshold for closing schools? 170? or somewhere between the two?

I think we all need some answers on this. You know, follow the DATA, and all that.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It's when the teachers' unions feel like they can get away with not having to work and getting more money at the same time.

link   

originally posted by: network dude
Can't go back to school. Too dangerous.

so far in the 0-24 year age group, 528 have died.
www.cdc.gov...

but,
I ran across this:

Since influenza-associated pediatric mortality became a nationally-notifiable condition during the 2004-2005 season, the total number of influenza-associated pediatric deaths has ranged from 37 to 171. (This excludes the 2009 pandemic, when 358 pediatric deaths were reported to CDC during April 15, 2009, through October 2, 2010.)

www.cdc.gov...

Now my memory isn't what it used to be, I have forgotten some things over the years. But did I forget closing the world, or at least the schools back in 2009-2010 flu season?

If not, then what is the threshold for closing schools? 170? or somewhere between the two?

I think we all need some answers on this. You know, follow the DATA, and all that.

Our schools were shut down for the summer, but all is well now. I haven't of any kids dying from the flu or the corona virus 19-20-21 and so on.
America is getting shafted big time.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It's when the teachers' unions feel like they can get away with not having to work and getting more money at the same time.

Uh, isn't that their normal MO to begin with?

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Uh, isn't that their normal MO to begin with?

As old as I am ... and I still hate teachers.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I don't hate teachers. I had some really good ones growing up, but I do hate the system having been part of it briefly myself.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Snarl

I don't hate teachers. I had some really good ones growing up, but I do hate the system having been part of it briefly myself.

I knew as soon as I hit the reply button that I should've put a LOL emoji behind my comment.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This was used as part of the plan to overthrow the United States government and in slave its population by rendering the document that protects them null and void.

If we could only see that a piece of parchment didn’t make us free but the men baring weapons and holding a line in the face of tyranny.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If this pandemic has taught us anything it's that kids can get a days worth public school in about an hour at home.

High school kids anyways.... I'm sure younger kids with suffer in the long term.

But more to the topic.
I constantly hear about how many new cases there are in the area but they never put much emphasis on the deaths.... Or lack of.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

In my area the kids were about to go back to school and then the county commissioners and state school superintendent canceled it with this "spike". My kids teachers were actually pretty pissed. They wanted to get the kids back in school. I don't know how most of the teachers in the country feel, but at least the few I know don't like this virtual crap either.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

If you think teachers aren't working now that is downright silly.
I think for many the online format is actually much more work.

edit I'm not a teacher but I know MANY teachers.
I know a lot of teachers that retired because they did not want the extra work of an online format.
edit on 3-12-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Our here they opened school a few weeks ago and 3 kids from 3 different schools got covid. Now the 3 schools are on lockdown because of it... But where I work with littlest kids" guess wgat. If a family gets it, the director will call for indepth cleaning of the class after hours. Then kids can come back the next day. My 16 year old is doing classes over 12 hours a day with minimal breaks. Too much homework. The problem is teachers are asking more of them then they do at school. They are getting" training" on this... This makes me think this style of learning aint going anywhere. They give you freedoms abd then take hslf back until there are no more halfs to give back.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: cre8chaos

This makes me think this style of learning aint going anywhere. They give you freedoms abd then take hslf back until there are no more halfs to give back.

It's not going away.

Kids in middle school right now are possibly the most online format literate, that our world/time has ever seen.

I think one of the big pushes for College student loan forgiveness is going to play into this.
I wonder if eventually almost all learning, especially at the higher levels will be mostly online & much cheaper.
It will also be easier to steer learning in very specific direction and target large portions of the population...hmm

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I wonder if eventually almost all learning, especially at the higher levels will be mostly online & much cheaper.

I think the sociological issues that arise from mass home schooling will demonstrate that this is not a sustainable practice and that people, being the social creatures that we are, require regular interaction with other humans, particularly at a younger age.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
But wouldn't it be better for TPTB to have a population of socially awkward people, who avoid eye contact or don't understand how a normal conversation flows?

(I am sort of kidding, as I know a lot of homeschooled kids are properly socialized. However, the majority that I have known, personally, are not kids that are desirable to be around and interact with.)

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
But wouldn't it be better for TPTB to have a population of socially awkward people, who avoid eye contact or don't understand how a normal conversation flows?

I suppose if TPTB don't ever want to get some action.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

I don't think that socializing is the problem that it is being made out to be. I've believed for years that it was a myth perpetuated by the teacher's unions to make parents against home or cyber schooling. The hall of our club is being used by a group because our district is rotating online and in class days. A group of parents rotates to keep an eye on things. We have two retired teachers who are helping out. The local cable company donated modems and bandwidth for us to do this. Before the Karens spout off, our setup has been approved by the County Health Department. We've been doing this since August and haven't had a sick kid yet. We have a Club officer on site in case of any issues. We've had a few, with people not minding their own business, but the local Police know what's going on and don't bother us.

There was a push by our Governor (read teacher's union puppet) to end home and cyber schooling in our State before this happened. I'd like to see him try it now.

The majority of teacher's that I know, want to be back in class. It is the Senior Union Leadership that is pushing this crap.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

(I am sort of kidding, as I know a lot of homeschooled kids are properly socialized. However, the majority that I have known, personally, are not kids that are desirable to be around and interact with.)

This is such a sore spot with a lot of homeschooling parents. It is a thorn in their side because they know there is truth to it.
I don't know if it is so much interaction with people (being socialized), as a lot of homeschool kids get that.
I think it is experience with interaction with people of differing beliefs and opinions. That's where the deer in headlights come out.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
or maybe Teacher are NOT kids and some are even over 60 that could be the reason opening schools is not such a great Idea ?
I already KNOW one second GRADE teacher who got it and even ended up in the ER and she is like only 30 .

anyway MY though was Keep home school this year then in 2021 late do YEAR ROUND SCHOOL to get them cought up but that is to simple .

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a year of homeschooling wont effect the kids social skills .
FACT IS ALL any posters acre about is the FREE baby sittings services school provide
edit on 3-12-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)
If school meant so much to any one they would be INSITING on BETTER teachers
edit on 3-12-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join