It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Sells His PS5 After Wife Discovers It's Not An Air Purifier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Brothers, can you all please spare a prayer for one of our recently fallen? I'm sure many of us have been there. The cold nights on the couch. The political sanctions thrust upon us as men.

A man in Taiwan has reportedly sold his almost brand new PlayStation 5 after his wife found out that it wasn't an air purifier like he'd told her.

Well, it has been said before that the design of the PS5 makes it look a bit like one, but it's still a bold move to attempt to pull off.

Not that many air purifiers on the market come with controllers and plug straight into the telly, do they?

Anyway, this story comes from a Facebook post shared by a man in Taiwan who said he'd spotted someone selling up their console, which is strange enough when you consider they only came out in most places around the world this month and have been selling out around the world.

Source

This sounds like a straight-up copy of a viral youtube video based on this same situation a year back:

Seriously though, I find it somewhat toxic that there are certain marriages like this where one person dictates everything, right down to entertainment. Surely allowing your husband to play a video game from time to time, especially after being stressful, won't do too much harm? There should be compromise. I was in a rather controlling relationship years ago and I guess I found this the norm from my years growing up with television and just general perceptions pre-90s. I realized later after a messy break-up that it's completely false. Maybe there's more to the story? Maybe he's a game addict? Maybe they're concerned about their children? I'll entertain that, but I hear this too often. Even a close buddy of mine got his Xbox taken off him after his wife figured all attention needed to be between them both. It's troubling to hear these things.

In anycase, I'm sure the PS5 will make somebody else very happy.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

lolz

Probably the first thread of yours I've ever SnF'd.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

We all perceive things differently, when I read your post my brain imagined a different scenario. Maybe they're on a fixed budget and PS5's are pretty expensive. I bet he asked to get one and was told they couldn't afford it, so he somehow managed to convince his wife to buy an air purifier, y'know, to help with covid.

So, he picks up a PS5, and once she realizes what he'd done, she makes him sell it as a punishment. lol Granted, it's all theory and speculation, assuming any of it is true, but seeing as how the idea of it being an air purifier makes me think it happened like this. XD

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

lolz

Probably the first thread of yours I've ever SnF'd.

Ohhh starred and flagged .... for a moment I was way off

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Maybe there's more to the story? Maybe he's a game addict? Maybe they're concerned about their children?

There is a lot more to the story.
You are forgetting the cultural aspect.
Being Asian it is very looked down upon for a grown man to waste time playing computer games.

For example, I have a friend, he is wildly successful, 1% for sure. His mom still asks if he plays computer games with a disapproving tone.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

This story would be much better if it were, 'Man sells wife for new PS5'.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I guess he didn't check her purse when looking for his balls.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I heard his wife's boyfriend bought him an Xbox series X.

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I heard his wife's boyfriend bought him an Xbox series X.

A form of shame in Asia ... the Xbox I mean!

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
He should have bought her a ps VR head set and a “back massager” to go with it, that would’ve shut her up.

top topics

join