It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say Hello To My New Little Friend

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Excellent advice and the funny thing is that advice works for kids as well (lots of love, good food, and batteries)

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Oh my, he's such a beauty!!

Freddie is a great name for him too. Thanks for posting more kitten cuteness
Enjoy your new little one.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

Thank you so much for those lovely well-wishes, Starcrossd!
I'm super excited. Looking forward to posting more tomorrow, too.
Hugs
and I hope you have a great night!

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Give him his own room with all the things he needs to feel at home for the first few days until he's good and settled in. Then start to let him explore the rest of the house. That way, he establishes a home base that's secure for him and familiar and isn't overwhelmed. Make it a room where people go often enough that he gets plenty of attention time.

In our old place, new kitties were often set up in the bathroom. Plenty of visits with everyone in the family and plenty of alone time too. The floor was easy to care for if there were accidents, and the space was manageable for all involved.

He's a cutey, and with kittens, it won't take long at all until he's rip-roaring ready to dive right into life with everyone.
edit on 29-11-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thanks for the great suggestions for ways to acclimate the little guy to his new home! I know I'm going to really enjoy prepping a room so he can settle in comfortably.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Loved those pics you sent, btw. Please feel free to add to the adorable pet pics posted here!

This thread makes me happy.

edit on 30-11-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   
They chew and claw. Beware of electruc cords. My grammie has a cat that cgews everything... We had ro replace 2 lamp cords. Also look up poisonous plants you may have in the house. Poinsettias come to mind. Get a cat house so it can hide. When it gets a bit bigger a cat tree would be goood. You can get it a tree with a hidey hole built in. A box will do good in the short term. If your children are young. Make sure they do not try to pack the cat in a back pack or suit case to go to grandmas house... I am reminded at least once a year about that and I am 41!
Enjoy your new friend

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Awwwww congrats on your new kitty.
Our kitty, actually she is nearly 3, went missing on Halloween day. But then yesterday one of our other cats heard meow outside. I went to investigate to the loud meow, and it was our lost kitty very skinny and very happy to be home.

We were so pleased to have her home. I figured she had been locked in the neighbour 's garage this whole time. The day she went missing, was the day the neighbours son came to mow the lawn, and yesterday he came back to mow the lawn again.

I asked the neighbours to check their garage which they did several times, I guess she was too scared to come out to strangers.
I think they must have a leak in garage roof and that is how she survived along with catching the odd rat and skink.

So pleased she come home.
So skinny but happy.
Our kitty is a silver and black tabby with golden stomach named Neecha.

Have fun with kitty.
edit on 30-11-2020 by Cloudbuster because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2020 by Cloudbuster because: Added info.

edit on 30-11-2020 by Cloudbuster because: Added info.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

This right here killed me dead, Teh Cutes is too much! We adopted two brothers back in February, they went from this:

To...damn, I need to get new pics for NightStar, I got baby kitteh shots and not much else. They're both big guys and not even a year old year, bigger guy, the one on the right in the pic, is about 18-20 lbs already. His brother's not too far behind, 16 lbs or so.

Assuming you have a helllraiser like either of mine, Kitten Witching Hour may likely be in the middle of the night. And you may not get much sleep for a while if they're really attached -- you might have a furry alarm clock that doesn't like you not being awake, lol.

Also, I can't say harness-training mine was a bad idea, they handle it very well and heel about as good as trained dogs do. If it's something you think you guys might like doing, I'd say harness-train while he's dinky, they adapt to them easily at that age. Harnesses only, though, not just a collar, they can slip out of a collar too easily, use a harness for toy or small dogs/puppies.

Toys are kind of up in the air, but they generally will gravitate toward whatever they liked at the shelter (better hints if the shelter gave you their toys) Mine tend to like crinkley/noisy toys, like those cellophane cat toy things.

Don't skimp on the food, they're still growing. That's not to say set up the conveyor belt and cry as they snort every crumb (and man can they pack food away when little!) but opt for better quality stuff. Mine are part Siamese and VERY insanely high energy, so we found that in addition to wet food, they do very nicely with the higher protein varieties from Taste of The Wild, or Fussie Cat.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Technically, he is a pet. But he's your son so congratulations for your new child.

He will dedicate his whole life to you. What else you can ask. We humans can't give that type of love.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
What a lovely cat there is .. I used to have mix of norwegian ( pretty wild one ) cat and lynx, he was my baby. He loved big paper bags he could fit into, he crawled under carpets. He loved ice cream ( he shizzled while eating it ) . He jumped on the door with one try easily, he opened the doors with his pawns . He welcomed me when i returned home by jumping on my arms ( sometimes claws on). At the night time there were no issue to go have a night snack.. he loved chasing in the dark. He slept next to me and was as tall as i was. He loved shower chasing small rivers of water. He liked to join doing dishes too. Neighbours dogs were afraid of him.. but Yes one exceptional cat...

Take good care of your little one.. there is a big cat in every cat !

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Cute cat but when you said to say 'hello to your new little friend' I was hoping it was a automatic rifle with an attached grenade launcher.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Thanks again for all the lovely comments! (Augustus--was hoping some would read the thread title with that horrible accent, lol). I was so touched by this wonderful community sharing great advice, adorable pics, and also sharing in my excitement and wishing us well.

Well it's been an exciting couple of days in our household!
My son, 7, is beside himself. He calls Valentino (the kids liked his name as it was) his "little brother" and can't get enough. My 13 year old daughter's face lit up when she saw him, and we've all been laughing together a lot. The new kitten is very tolerant of all the attention, even seems to like it most of the time, and is boldly exploring, very playful, and eating and sleeping very well.

He's such a great fit. We just love him.
I'll probably post pics later

Have a good day!
edit on 1-12-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I'm glad your kitten is fitting in so well. I've yet to have a bad cat in my life.

Ours like to mess with our older cat, he'll run by and bite his tail. So the older one will chase him down lol. I tried to get a better pic but they moved when I whipped out the phone.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Lol, high drama action shot. I love it!

posted on Dec, 4 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Valentino says hello back!

Happy Friday!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join