It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah’s desert obelisk has disappeared

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I posted this on the 25th November in a reply to FlyingClayDisk in the other thread.......

originally posted by: Kurokage

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Maybe now we should start a pool for bets on how long it stays there before someone steals it! LOL!

I'll go first. I bet it's gone by Monday.

That, or the feds will pull it down before then...right after the first person rolls their Jeep while trying to get to it.

I'm saying someone will attempt to steal it on Friday night after "camping out" and downing a few beverages, if they've done a good job securing it in place then by Saturday it will be bent at about 45 degrees.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I can't think of any legitimate reason a party would fabricate such a structure, install it way out in the sticks for what reason?

Maybe the same reason people construct huge Crop Circles.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Good call.

Shows that people are just the worst.

By all accounts it’s been sitting there unnoticed since 2016 and within a week of being discovered, it’s been stolen.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Willtell
link

Here is a youtube I can't embed with a video of all that is left. An imprint in the ground.

And the world was having a lot of fun with this. Is someone just jerking us around?

An obelisk black op?

How remote is that area? Can you drive up to it...lol

People had started flocking to it after some guy worked out where it was an coordinates were posted online

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I’d say it was removed by the NPS or BLM. One, Because it doesn’t belong there and secondly they want to preserve the area without having a mass influx of idiots tearing up the trails with ATVs and trash.

Edit: I read the statement saying BLM didn’t remove it. Maybe, they didn’t order it’s removal but they are made up with folks who love the outdoors and wild lands, and wildlife, and with a wink wink, the thing is gone.
edit on 29-11-2020 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

If it appeared and disappeared. the same artist who put it in...took it out.

What a publicity stunt...and we'll know who it is shortly.

They'll be famous

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It probably offended some group or sub group of people and was removed by said group

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Might be for sale on the dark web by now.

My bet is someone hoping for a windfall at some point.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I agree with this analysis, and further, those look like circular saw marks parallel to each side of the triangular obelisk left behind in the ground. Whoever took it knew exactly where it would be vulnerable to such an instrument, by cutting the epoxy and support, to take it most easily away. I think only the original fabricator would know that!

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
HA!! I can't remember my exact words in the other thread, but I think I said it would be gone before the weekend.

And there you go! POOF!! LOL!!!

Ah yes, here it is....

Maybe now we should start a pool for bets on how long it stays there before someone steals it! LOL!

I'll go first. I bet it's gone by Monday.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Probably stolen for scrap. Someone here predicted it would be gone by Monday if I recall correctly.
edit on 29-11-2020 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

That would be me. See my post directly above yours where I quoted my original prediction in the big thread.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

That would be me. See my post directly above yours where I quoted my original prediction in the big thread.

Haha, I'm sorry man I didn't read through the thread but I have to give it to you. Excellent foresight.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Time for another prediction...

How much you wanna' bet the structure reappears at some new location in the near future???

It'll be like Find Waldo, except it will be...Find the Obelisk!

It could become a new cult thing along the lines of anonymous geocaching, but will involve moving the object to a new location each time.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Time for another prediction...

How much you wanna' bet the structure reappears at some new location in the near future???

It'll be like Find Waldo, except it will be...Find the Obelisk!

It could become a new cult thing along the lines of anonymous geocaching, but will involve moving the object to a new location each time.

Nah. I doubt it. Either some ufo hunting nutter has stolen it or its been broken up and melted down into dollars. Lightning doesn't strike twice ⚡🤣

Quit while you're ahead 😁

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I won the bet!! See my post at the top of the page!!

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

edit on 29-11-2020 by CraftyArrow because: too funny...

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Admit it... You took it didn't you? Be honest, I won't tell anyone I promise.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

Admit it... You took it didn't you? Be honest, I won't tell anyone I promise.

Shush!
I wanted those alien chocolate triangles so bad.........
edit on 29-11-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
What's the going scrap value for stainless steel? I'm asking for a friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join