It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan county board supports impeachment of Democratic Gov. Whitmer

page: 1

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I'm sure most here are aware that three representatives in Michigan introduced articles of impeachment against Governor Gretchen Whitmer last week. From Beau LeFave's twitter...

Today I introduced Articles of Impeachment against Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer.

The four articles of impeachment against Gov. Whitmer include failing to respect the separation of powers by exercising power granted to the legislative branch, violating the constitutional

Now, Kalkaska county in northern Michigan has voted in favor of impeachment.

Despite Michigan Speaker of the House Rep. Lee Chatfield, a fellow GOP member condemning the resolution, the Kalkaska County Board of Commissioners voted four to two in favor of supporting the effort Friday...

Herr Whitmer has had a fair amount of bad press in Michigan and across the nation. Most of it was deserved in my opinion.

Whitmer has come under fire for her restrictions on businesses during the coronavirus pandemic, further angering Republicans after she and the Department of Health and Human Services issued a three-week order limiting indoor social gatherings last week.

Kalkaska county faults Whitmer's unconstitutional order for their current economic crisis.
Link

I do not not expect that Herr Whitmer will be impeached any time soon, although I have read elsewhere there is growing support across the state. I see this more as a shot across her bow to tone it down. We'll see what happens.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
She doesn't strike me as the sort to take a hint. Instead, she seems like she'll get angry and double down to punish the wrong-doers who don't respect her authority (read that Cartman style).

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Especially since she told lawmakers recently she's going to order more Covid patients into assisted living homes. This is a portion of a Nov. 20th post on FB by Clinton County Commissioner Ken Mitchell.

Our assisted living rep shared with us the new plan to force positive Covid patients into our assisted living facilities, expect some bad things from that Governor/DHHS decision.

This was after letting people know that HHS is in a bad way as far as reporting goes. Here is more from his post:

Covid update todays EOC meeting:

Numbers of infected: Not sure
Number of Deaths: 18

The testing centers are so far behind that it could be a few weeks till they are processed. Even when they are processed, the reports that go to the local Health Depts are so unreliable that they can’t make a accurate hot spot map. The reports come partially filled out many times. The state is doing a dismal job of reporting right now. This information is not going to be shared by the state. If you watch the news it sounds like it’s all under control. However our local HD has shared this with us.

The focus has shifted towards getting ready for the distribution of shots.

So right now we’re back to having the Governor and DHHS making decisions using known flawed data.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Impeachment - Ha! She deserves a lot worse than that. How about impeachment + life in prison. That should be suffice.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Impeachment - Ha! She deserves a lot worse than that. How about impeachment + life in prison. That should be suffice.

After forcing the deaths of three thousand people in nursing homes last spring she should be brought up on murder charges.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
She doesn't strike me as the sort to take a hint. Instead, she seems like she'll get angry and double down to punish the wrong-doers who don't respect her authority (read that Cartman style).

Respect my Authori-tah!

You are likely correct, but she may find herself looking for another throne if she keeps it up.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

No seems to it, that's exactly what she does. Her MO is authoritative, vindictive, punitive and vengeful. Whoever crosses her will pay. We've seen a few bad governors here but this one is the absolute worst in my lifetime. Not because I don't like her, but because of her unwillingness to follow our state laws, for which she has been slapped on the hand by our State Supreme Court. She's now flipping off the SC and pushing her retribution through the MDHHS where according to our state law, they are untouchable in this scenario.

I fully support all legal actions against her and would contribute if I could.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Do you know women like that? I know more women like that than guys personally, Most guys will change their strategy when their friends, and especially their wives explain reality to them. But I do know more women that will go all out to make sure they change reality to fit their beliefs and will punish others who talk against them. Usually women just trash another person who challenges them, not the whole state or city.

(post by underwerks removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Well at least right wingers are trying to go about it the legal way now. Last time they planned to kidnap her.

Those "right wingers" were radical anarchists, kind of like your BLM.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
between this, and the recall petitions, you really would think she would take the hint. I can only hope one of them work. But as Ket said, she is already know for lashing out and making the whole damn state pay for standing up to her, sooooo...

We get stuck with her and her BS.

Lucky us.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Just an aside, has anyone else noticed that Caitlyn Jenner and Whitmer have never been seen together in the same room?

Kinda like Bruce Wayne and Batman.

Or maybe it's just me.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: KKLOCO

After forcing the deaths of three thousand people in nursing homes last spring she should be brought up on murder charges.

Yes, that was a very clear cut case of criminal negligence that I have ever seen in my life, to the point mass murder. And just like any real serial killer, she wants to keep on doing it!

It's the craziest thing and darkest thing to witness, and then hearing she's going to do it again goes far past obscene in it's wickedness and her showing no remorse in the slightest or even a drop of humility for the deaths her negligence have caused.

What would they do if it was just some suburban doctor who sent hundreds of infected patients to care facilities where the people there were doing just fine up until they were forced to be interred with patients infected with a virus having the likely potential to cause death... That doctor would lose his/her license and be charged with negligent homicide.

*And massively sued for malpractice*
edit on 28-11-2020 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: added

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Just an aside, has anyone else noticed that Caitlyn Jenner and Whitmer have never been seen together in the same room?

Kinda like Bruce Wayne and Batman.

Or maybe it's just me.

I think you may be onto something...

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
between this, and the recall petitions, you really would think she would take the hint. I can only hope one of them work. But as Ket said, she is already know for lashing out and making the whole damn state pay for standing up to her, sooooo...

We get stuck with her and her BS.

Lucky us.

She would have to have a conscience to do that. Sociopaths don't think they're doing anything wrong. In her mind she's wildly successful and is doing our state better than anyone before her.
edit on 28-11-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 10:32 PM
link   
May 28, 2021

Thankfully, as the Covid-19 hysteria is winding down, the investigations into Michigan Governor Whitmer (and others) are picking up in number, and in speed.

Additional information has arrived, regarding Governor Whitmer's administration hiding Nursing Home Covid-19 deaths.

It is no coincidence that two of the worst coronavirus outbreaks took place in states that failed to protect their vulnerable elderly populations. Both New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer passed policies forcing nursing homes to accept COVID-19-positive patients during the early days of the pandemic, and both states suffered as a result.

Cuomo has rightly come under immense scrutiny for not only passing this disastrous nursing home policy but attempting to cover up its effects by downplaying the true coronavirus death toll in New York’s nursing homes. Whitmer, however, has largely escaped criticism. It’s time that changed.

A new report by Deadline Detroit’s Charlie LeDuff suggests Whitmer, like Cuomo, severely undercounted the coronavirus deaths in Michigan’s long-term care facilities.

But unlike Cuomo’s administration, Whitmer’s seems to have no idea whatsoever just how many nursing home residents died as a result of COVID-19, LeDuff said.

The reason why is because Michigan’s health department refused to require nursing homes to report coronavirus deaths publicly. Instead, long-term care facilities were asked to self-report all coronavirus deaths. But those numbers were never verified by state officials.
More at: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Hopefully the families who lost loved-ones due to Governor Whitmer's actions, will not give up until they have ANSWERS and JUSTICE.

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Update: July 9, 2021

Michigan Governor GRETCHEN WHITMER is up for Re-election.

This year, she's taking credit for restoring Michigan's economy, which she single-handedly decimated last year.

Source: twitter.com...

Like most politicians, Whitmer makes no attempt to hide how dumb she thinks Michigan voters are.

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I assume when you say "Herr" Whitmer, you mean to refer to her as a Nazi. Herr refers to men. Perhaps you meant "Frau". Anywho, I hope she is removed from office, personally. She is an insult to Michigan.

top topics

join