It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do all people who gain wealth and power have to go through trauma to get where they are now?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Kanye west
Britney
Every celebrity has been through a lot of sh*t to get out of the rat race or to be successful.They think there dreams are coming true only to be hypnotised. Brainwashed and put into the system.

I heard Angeliina Jolie has been abused

It happened to Hitler (rape! They conducted wars on him.)

Look at Michael Jackson, He died because of this invisible game.

Don’t think it doesn’t happen to the little people and the poor.

Politicians too.

My diss union is what’s going on?
How does it work!
Who are these people who can turn invisible?
Who are these people doing evil to otherwise un corrupted good people?

edit on 26-11-2020 by gell1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The world is not a very nice place. So many people, not just cerebrities, have dealt with some pretty bad treatment in their lives. Some people are able to just forget about it, or other coping mechanisms. Others end up on drugs, or drunk all the time.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Most people have some sort of trauma or hardship in their lives.

Often times that trauma or challenge is what makes a person stronger and gives them the drive to be successful.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Until you suffer and come through it, you don't know who you are and how hard you're willing to fight to achieve.

Or there's truth to the saying "When the going gets tough, the tough get going."

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Even people born wealthy or into a powerful family often go through a twisted upbringing...they grow up with a bunker mentality, like they can't trust anyone because everyone is out to rip them off or steal their place on the ladder. So they only associate with other paranoid rich people...

Sometimes they are spoiled and live in imaginary dream worlds where every fantasy is catered to, and in a world where a fool and his money are soon parted, it's not exactly good preparation for adult life. Often they fall into decadence and debauchery.

Sometimes the opposite happens...they are raised by stoic hard-as-nails old moneybucket parents who turn them into another generation of bitter narcissists or sociopaths.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: gell1234

Some of these people you mention gained their fame as children. I think it is very rare for a child who is a star to come through unscathed. Many of their parents are supported by them. Not many people say "no" to the money maker. So you have kids with a lot of wealth and fame, in situations that would be difficult for even adults to handle. That's bound to lead to issues.

Kanye has a mental illness, many very creative people do, or have substance abuse problems.

I do not believe all or most very wealthy people have to go through some trauma, although many people, rich or poor experience trauma in their lifetime.

Just my opinion.

I wanted to add that creativity or striving to be successful may also be a way that people deal with their trauma. A way to escape it so to speak, thus this strong focus leads to success.

edit on 26-11-2020 by frogs453 because: Added

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

Even people born wealthy or into a powerful family often go through a twisted upbringing...they grow up with a bunker mentality, like they can't trust anyone because everyone is out to rip them off or steal their place on the ladder. So they only associate with other paranoid rich people...

I worked with super wealthy people, like write a check for 800K like nothing wealthy.
What you said is spot on, and many poor people are 1000000000X happier than the ultrawealthy.
I don't know if many wealthy can be happy, they are always chasing....

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Most people have some sort of trauma or hardship in their lives.

Often times that trauma or challenge is what makes a person stronger and gives them the drive to be successful.

Agree entirely and 1000 Lumenari points for you.

A saying I liked enough to put it on my skin...

You cannot sharpen a knife without a stone.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

What about the ones that are simply born into it?

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
You might also say that a lot of wealthy people had to take great risks to get where they are. Risk/reward. Even just a few failed risks at the wrong time lead to great pain and/or trauma.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

What about the ones that are simply born into it?

Those ones you hate so much?

Do you think that they just grab the silver spoon and wander off into a life of success?

/facepalm

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I've heard it said that the skills needed to gain wealth and power are not necessarily the skills needed to preserve it. There seem to be many who rise to the top through great risk taking but lose it all due to an inability to know when to cool off and consolidate...

"Quitting while you are ahead is not the same thing as quitting."
-Former Chinese heroin kingpin in southeast asia who stopped growing poppies at the top of his game.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I think it depends.

They have to know when to quit. I don't think many do. I think they get to a point where the chase is all they have and it's how they complete themselves.

When we talk about Jesus and wealthy men, he's talking about wealth as the idol or the pursuit of it as the idol. It becomes everything - a god, an addiction. How many addicts are truly happy with their drugs of choice and locked in their addictions?

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I don't hate anyone Lumenari per-say.

Think about that. x

Seems to be oozing out you all the same.

Cant imagine why that is?

/facepalm right back at ya. x

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Never Despise
a reply to: ketsuko
I've heard it said that the skills needed to gain wealth and power are not necessarily the skills needed to preserve it. There seem to be many who rise to the top through great risk taking but lose it all due to an inability to know when to cool off and consolidate...

"Quitting while you are ahead is not the same thing as quitting."
-Former Chinese heroin kingpin in southeast asia who stopped growing poppies at the top of his game.

I watched my father (who was born into wealth) lose it because of his choice of wife.

Then he worked hard, became a millionaire, then lost everything in a business deal.

Then he worked hard, became a millionaire again and lost it all because of the economy.

Then he worked hard, became a multimillionaire and lost it when his business partners took it over.

In retrospect, he was always happier when he had no money then when he was trying to claw his way to the top again.

Now he's poor and quite happy (with an absolutely fabulous garden).

Money isn't the answer for him... self-sufficiency is.

edit on 26-11-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I don't hate anyone Lumenari per-say.

Think about that. x

Seems to be oozing out you all the same.

Cant imagine why that is?

/facepalm right back at ya. x

My apologies!

I was judging you on your last 400 or so posts and not just this particular one.

So my bad.

edit on 26-11-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Any wacky OP I check the poster's other threads to see what kind of content they come up with, if it's consistently wacky, I'm not sure why so many other people give it legitimacy.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

The thing is Lumenari your nobody's judge but possibly your own.

Apologies accepted all the same.

People are people Lumenari.

Hatred for those one comes across online would seem to be rather tedious simply because they share a difference of opinion.

But what do i know.
edit on 26-11-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

It's a question with interesting implications.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Never Despise
a reply to: game over man

It's a question with interesting implications.

That no one was ever born into wealth?????? Hello???

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join