It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the US Split

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
We are having a small Thanksgiving without any drama this year.
So no politics or opinions from relatives. Why not stir some up on ATS?

I asked a similar question a few years back and almost everyone thought the US should stay together.

I wonder how people feel about that now. I think Trumps presidency has forever divided this nation.
Not saying he did it, I believe it was always there, but his presidency brought it to the surface. That
isn't necessarily a bad thing.

It is obvious that the country is divided into two main segments and then many smaller ones from there.
Obviously Democratic values and Republican values.
It appears these values are just not compatible with each other.

How would that look on a US map. To me it would seem like both coasts would be liberal, while most of the Midwest and South would be
conservative, with some exception. I have no clue how this would be executed but I'm just thinking about it at a higher level...

Is it unpatriotic to think like this? When two people are very unhappy, why stay married. I've seen many people get divorced and live much happier lives. Yes normally people should try to work together, but I really think in the US we are pretty much past that point. I also know a lot of people that didn't get divorced, and let me tell you, they probably should have.

I think the two opposing belief systems are just not compatible anymore. I've seen it in my own state. I've seen it on a national level, maybe it is time we try something else.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

America has a history of being " split " from the very begining.

The White Man and The Native Indians

Colonists who wanted to seperate from The Crown and those that didn't.

The Civil War

Black Segregation.

And on it goes.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Sounds like what a teacher would do in a classroom full of children that can’t get along to be honest.

I think having to divide the US along ideological lines would be a sad indictment on humanity.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
You would give liberals two of our three ports? Nope. They can have the north-west and the north-east, screw'em on the rest.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yes. with a huge wall between both coast to the red states seperating the blue. The exceptions are NC,and SC. Its clear we cant get along. we can still have a mutual defense pact against the rest of the world though. It wont last long though. the blue states will beg to come back eventually.
edit on 20000000pppm by yuppa because: added info

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
You would give liberals two of our three ports? Nope. They can have the north-west and the north-east, screw'em on the rest.

Texas,florida,SC. How is that for the red states of america?

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I say we just drive the libtards into the oceans. Let em swim to cuba or some #

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Sounds like what a teacher would do in a classroom full of children that can’t get along to be honest.

I think having to divide the US along ideological lines would be a sad indictment on humanity.

We are beyond the point on not just not getting along.
I think the last four years has shown us that.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
One side led by scoundrels, the decision would be easy; but there would still exist that kind of void of 'was it really a choice' ?

It would just be a matter of time until the nonexpecting 'business always as normal' crowd would finally have to wake up... in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
While it may be emotionally gratifying to think of splitting from one's opponants, the fact is it would be an event akin to the fall of the Soviet Union, and vastly impoverishing to all. It would also invite foreign involvement and powers like Russia, China, and Europe "playing one side off against the other."

If you want to see UN peacekeepers from China patrolling the ruins of the rust belt and extracting minerals from Yellowstone and Yosemite, then this is the fantasy for you.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Never Despise
While it may be emotionally gratifying to think of splitting from one's opponants, the fact is it would be an event akin to the fall of the Soviet Union, and vastly impoverishing to all. It would also invite foreign involvement and powers like Russia, China, and Europe "playing one side off against the other."

If you want to see UN peacekeepers from China patrolling the ruins of the rust belt and extracting minerals from Yellowstone and Yosemite, then this is the fantasy for you.

hence the mutual defense pact i mentioned.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

It appears these values are just not compatible with each other.

My understanding about the framers of the Constitution and this nation were in the same boat. There were not all of the same mindset. Their motivations varied wildly. They fought and squabbled and even killed each other over political differences. Yet what they managed was primary to the foundation of our nation. They compromised. They LEARNED to compromise.

My two best friends are Trump supporters, one lives next door. When I say next door that is because there is no one else around us, we are rural folk. Yet for four years we have managed to not only hold to our own political convictions but our friendship as well. We have LEARNED how to compromise those positions and live together.

There is no claiming the Founding Fathers as your own while at the same time divorcing from half of the nation. If one supports dividing the nation into left and right, they do a complete disservice to the Founders and reject their most important lessons in being true Americans, learning to compromise.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I would be happy for the U.S. to split if it meant that the new country would be free from liberal tyranny. I just want my freedom back.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
No way, no how should the United States split up. Whatever differences there are, will not get better by splitting up. Forget all the Constitutional ramifications and potential war footing needed and those are huge. States or regions once separated will be highly susceptible to foreign influence and corruption.

Not to mention most states received more federal money per person than those people pay in federal taxes, ie. the feds are going to want their property back, their military back, the state would likely have to pay for the federal land owned in the state. For example, as of 2013 46% of California was federally owned 52% of Oregon and 28% of Washington. I bring up those states because those are the ones that succession gets talked about somewhat. So the Feds aren't going to just give up that land without fighting for or getting paid for it. That's just off the top of my head and a search or 2 on the internet.

Interesting to discuss, but it isn't going to be pretty trying to succeed.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
No way split the USA............................ One can understand that some may want this internally and looking at it logically in Great Britain there are many here in the same circumstances who would desire a split too alond pretty much the same lines as Yanks would desire. That's pretty similar worldwide maybe, but the USA split? Seriously it's a bad idea for the rest of the world, if USA retreats from its global duties as world head of security then I honestly can't see anything getting in the way of Russia and China taking over the rest of the world, bar maybe Britain and France, a bit of western Europe yet to be determined and India. Putin and Xi would take the rest of the world over.

In summary, for the rest of planet Earth, please please please don't split your power

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I'm going to always side with the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Everyone else can go pound sand.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Just my opinion from an outsider (what would I Know right?)... But, I honestly think you’ll find that all this nonsense will quickly calm down, once Trump isn’t in the mix stirring the pot.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Just my opinion from an outsider (what would I Know right?)... But, I honestly think you’ll find that all this nonsense will quickly calm down, once Trump isn’t in the mix stirring the pot.

Just my opinion but I genuinely don't think the Trump phenomena is going to disappear.................... Donald looks like he has created something that one way or another, at least in the foreseeable future, is here to stay

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

It does appear to be the opinion of someone who does not live in the United States.

Let me help you...

Trump wins... cities burn, Democratic leadership further tightens the screws on their constituents, the economy collapses.

Biden wins... 72 million Americans no longer play by the rules as far as making money goes, no amount of taxation will fix that and the economy collapses.

Either way, the gimme-dats no longer get a check because of that... and chaos ensues.

Both sides here have passed the point of no return.

But either way it will be fun to watch.

Because the left has brought America to this point and the right will be the ones rebuilding after.

The left destroys... the right builds.

So let's get this party started.

edit on 26-11-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Just my opinion from an outsider (what would I Know right?)... But, I honestly think you’ll find that all this nonsense will quickly calm down, once Trump is re-elected .

I fixed that for you 😁

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join