It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the courts throw out lawsuits because of typos

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
As you all should be aware Sidney Powell files suits in Michigan and Georgia alleging voter fraud.

BREAKING: KRAKEN RELEASED! Attorney Sidney Powell Files 104 Page BOMBSHELL COMPLAINT of Massive Fraud in Georgia Election – Update: Michigan too

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

So my question is, can they be thrown out or dismissed because of typos or misspellings.

Yes or no please. LOL

edit on 26-11-2020 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

I'm gonna say probably not...

Also this thread is idiotic.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The court may ask for clarity. They do not discredit the complaint made. So probably not.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jerk88

The fact that msm is only reporting on the spelling instead of the massive evidence of election fraud is idiotic.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
a reply to: dug88

The fact that msm is only reporting on the spelling instead of the massive evidence of election fraud is idiotic.

The MSM are reporting the garbage and leaving out the message.

We saw the same thing with the legal news conference when Rudy was mopping his sweaty head. Every time that he did it the click click of cameras was deafening.

Typos and sweaty heads! The media is garbage.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

well i think the spelling of a key witness name may be a concern, whether it qualifies to be thrown out is doubtful

actual name William M. Briggs errors include Williams M. Briggs (page60) and Williams Higgs(page92 of the kraken report)

I just hope once the court have decided then everyone accepts the result, trpmu and bdien included

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Totally agree. But those spelling mistakes were intentional. She took a page straight out of Trumps playbook as she knew if she didn't, the MSM would ignore her so she had to give them something to whine about to get the message out there.

MSM played like a fiddle. Which isn't hard to do seeing how corrupt and hateful they've become.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

well i think the spelling of a key witness name may be a concern, whether it qualifies to be thrown out is doubtful

actual name William M. Briggs errors include Williams M. Briggs (page60) and Williams Higgs(page92 of the kraken report)

I just hope once the court have decided then everyone accepts the result, trpmu and bdien included

Your post is invalid due to a spelling error.

All content shall be ignored. LOL

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Not usually. Like with Kyle Rittenhouse extradition papers they missed a signature and made some mistakes, but it still went through.

The media is poking at the massive amount of mistakes made is because it is so unprofessional. It is like it was simply slapped together and didn't even bother to spell check or proofread it. This was something she was supposedly working around the clock on. It is a bunch of conspiracy theories devoid of evidence. FFS she is still pushing the Hugo Chavez angle.

I read through it and it is full of the same stuff she has been peddling on TV. At this point, I am pretty much convinced this is a con to get her more donations. In a way that part is kind of genius. She has a market of 70 million people to pull from and a good portion of them are the types that give money to the likes of Ken Copeland.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Maybe, Maybe not. I’ll guess we’ll see.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Im not reading a link to a further link to try and work out what your fuss is all about.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Howdidudothat?

I didn’t know you could change their names lol. That’s too funny.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I actually think it’s a good question. They should throw out any cases over typos like this because it is a legal document and lives are on the line.
However, given the state of our public education system, and given how many lawyers went to public schools...Mississippi would never get a case tried if we had to throw out all spelling errors.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
a reply to: jerk88

welcome to the echo chamber

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Generally no. To be impartial it is important to keep things in context. Not everyone is a perfect speller.

Occasionally yes. Had one boss lose a case because there was an extra blank line in a note book. It was a dumb silly technicality taken out of context to the facts. I do understand the issues behind that extra line as it could alter statements later. Sounds like he paid his lawyer well with the Judge looking for any excuse to drop the case the way it went.

If a court is going to drop a case like Sidney's due to a spelling mistake in the header, would be a waste of time taking the trial there. The court can always ask for clarification if there is some problem in the interpretation.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

I got skills

I do it all the time. Very few catch it.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Agreed there, missed the sarcasm in the op. My apologies.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

In all likelihood they aren't spelling errors. They're OCR errors from a document scan.

This is very common.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
What if it's not a misspelling?
Could it be an acronym?
What word play can be done with letters?
Good thread!

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Did she spell COVFEFE wrong?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join