It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch the moment a big black cat is caught on CCTV prowling around historic hall.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
A big cat possibly spotted in Halifax, West Yorkshire here in Great Britian!

Mystery surrounds the sighting of what appears to be a big cat prowling around a historic hall in the dead of night.

The creature was spotted on the CCTV cameras at Piece Hall in Halifax, Yorkshire, and and staff at the historic landmark are puzzled at what the creature could be.

Link to news story in the Halifax Courier.

Link to video in the Halifax Courier.

This was picked up by the operations team on CCTC from an overnight recording and watched the next day. What do you guys think?
It doesn't look like cgi and it looks like it's there in the video, but could it be manipulated footage or maybe a very big tabby?
I'm very undecided......
edit on 26-11-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Oh my! That's exactly like what crossed the road in front of my car over 20 years ago on the Foss Way heading towards Bourton on the Water!
I slammed on the anchors, hubby looked up, cat paused looked at us then continued to stroll over to other side of the road!!!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Good catch!
Unlike many big cat pics/vids I have seen,this one has measurable structures and distances in the image so the cat can be sized by that info.

How wide is that hallway?

Cat length = hallway width minus a few inches.

(if its a legit vid of course)

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Here's a link to Piece Hall, the place were the footage was taken.

Piece Hall.

I do wonder if it's perspective that make's the cat look bigger than what it is, as the CCTV seems low to the ground.
But it's definitely a mystery.
edit on 26-11-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Cool thread, that look's like a Panther to me.

Back in the 70's animal ownership laws relating to the ownership of dangerous and endangered species came into force and many animal owners probably just dumped there suddenly inconvenient pet's in the countryside.

I have no doubt there are wild big cats and even breeding in the English countryside, while they are usually weary of human's to the point of being extremely so they do still pose a threat to life though as long as no one is hurt I wish these creatures no harm, still got to feel sorry for the small animal's they probably prey upon as well as the odd sheep etc.

And if they are successful at breeding and evading human encounters there population will only grow so it is truly only a matter of time before the worst of outcomes does come to pass and a person is killed, one guy walking a dog in the new forest going back startled one and it left sizably tears and cuts with it's claws on his side when it lashed out in fear of the human.

It is possible people have already been killed but that the government has hushed it up for whatever reason though?.

I don't think this is a mistaken identity also, look at the anatomy of the shoulders and head, relative to it's size most domestic cats have a larger head and slightly different shoulders.

Actually domestic cats are far more successful hunters even though they also live with humans and are far better at catching prey than these big cat species, our luck that they are NOT the size of that thing which appears to be about the size of a large dog to me.

edit on 26-11-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I guess there could be some kind of optical illusion going on,but I dont think so as you can measure the image and depth of image,

If you look at the cats position in relation to the shadows cast by the arches/pillars,you can see the cat is very far down near the end of the hallway-but look at its length compared to the hallway.Its almost as wide as the hall,which I am guessing is at least 2metres wide,maybe 3.

Also there is an indent in each of the pillars at the same height down the hall.
The cat appears to be as tall as those indents-I am just guessing those indents are around about human waist height-ish maybe?That could be found out easy enough.

So if its not a trick of the camera,that is one large cat!

A bit more speculative on my part,but looking at the way it walks it looks like a big cat-the way it moves suggests its carrying some weight to me-which I don't see in house cats.

There have been a load of big cat sightings in my area of North Wales going back to the 70's at least,including a lot within my local area.There was one in the paper a week or so ago,sighted on a path I ride my bike on sometimes.
Ill try to dig up a few links.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I found a few reports from my area-

Recent Snowdon sighting: (no pic,report only)

www.dailypost.co.uk...

2010,1 mile from my house at the time: (no pic)

www.dailypost.co.uk...

Last week,on the edge of my village: (really blurry pic and report)

www.aol.co.uk... HVja2dvLmNvbS8_cT1sZWVzd29vZCtiaWcrY2F0JnQ9ZmZhYiZhdGI9djE4MS0xJmlhcj1uZXdzJmlhPW5ld3M&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAGkmizWrN4sW9_hKR-pRuPD1NL0Qc3_cPSX6NTgyw AOOJEe1M8U-3JP_SXlvlsd6kIWTZSFY-yoxepVJibSk9iKC6Sw6e9cwjQ0gIDlPxXkIAKKr-Ge36M9crJTXg0PXlH5RfeWU99W2rOBgJs2gmgHV6K-mXPWNxL-aKyT6dquq

My local area would be great for big cats as there are loads of old mine shafts and caves dotted about the woods and mountains.
There are farms with animals roaming about,often on roads as well which would make an easy meal-I ve talked to farmers who all think there are big cats-some have seen one.
I had one interesting chat with a farmer about the cattle mutilation phenomena(some of which have suposedly occured in wales).
Well we were talking about the government sending their people(defra) out to examine such cases-and he reckons they come out to look at "unusual"deaths,they do their tests then leave without comment,all very shady he said.

He told me that he and the other farmers joke that the government are checking to see how many animals are being eat by the big cat population.
But they may just be correct.

There is also a tale from my village elders about a woman who lived here-who claimed to feed a giant black cat that would come to her garden.
Cat food and fish would be left out and she would watch the giant beast eat it every night.
Of course when she told everyone they all thought she was mad and some-especially a group of miners would call her "crazy Enid" and disrespect her.
Until one early morning,returning from the night shift this group supposedly witnessed a giant black cat with a large fish in its mouth.
And from that day as the story goes-they were all very sorry for what they had said about crazy Enid,and would stick up for her if anyone doubted her big cat tales.

edit on 26/11/2020 by Silcone Synapse because: whatever

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Judging by the tail that aint no Putty Tat.

Interesting footage.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse
Oooh! I'm a native of Anglesey!

Born and brought up there until I left for Uni

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Giving me vibes from this movie..

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Being as familiar with the Piece Hall as I am (its couple of miles away) I have some doubts.

The cat is crossing from left to right.

On the left are shop fronts and on the right are the pillars into the central court yard.

While there is a central door halfway down the building on all four sides, the clip seems to show the cat further along than it, which would mean the cat has just come out of one of the shops, at 12:04 am.

Secondly, the camera cannot be mounted where it is, in the middle of the aisle. There is no where for it to sit at that height.

Hate to say it, but its fake.

Nice try though.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Oooh! I'm a native of Anglesey!

Born and brought up there until I left for Uni

Rainbows
Jane

Hey nice1
I did wonder about the daily post logo in your pic

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Fisherr

Have you ever seen Dog Soldiers?

Brilliant werewolf movie!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

And everything besides the cat is projecting a shadow.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Yeah i have seen it, Great comedy.
Spoons punching a werewolf is really funny.

The Howling or Ginger Snaps are two good werewolf movies to watch..

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
That’s a nice BBC right there. Bigger than most I’ve seen. Kind of a strange place for a BBC to be on the prowl though. The kind of BBC you’d only expect to see in the wild. The last time I saw a BBC like that was.... nevermind

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Yep. Y’all got big cats. We got em down south too but the feds deny it.
They sound like women screaming bloody murder.
I don’t know why our governments lie about them. Probably for the cats protection. Same as Sasquatch.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Hope this Giggle photo from giggle-maps woks for folks. Gives the human perspective on those pillars and that hall.
Have to wonder though : how a big cat could get that deep in the city, and not be spotted ?

Giggy-pix.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Not the UK, but Italy. In 2009 I was hiking the Cinque Terre trail and got to a point from memory between the 3rd and 4th village where the trail looked back on itself. I stopped for a moment to take in the view of where I'd come from, as I was standing there I spotted a big black cat heading up the hill toward the trail. I tried to whip out my camera to get a picture but by the time it went click, it had just entered the plants on the other side. I was quite a distance off and this cat was big, far too big to be a domestic cat.
edit on 26-11-2020 by MyAlterEgo because: Corrected typo.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Appears to be the second floor judging by the columns since they are different on each floor.
On the second floor there is the base-block on the columns and then additional cut-out blocks. The handrails come up to about two thirds of the second block above the base block. If this is real then that cat is not only on the second floor but is also not even half the height of the railing.

www.northernsoul.me.uk...

Edit to add: it looks like from pics that there is access from courtyard stairs directly to the second floor area so a cat could get there easily from outside.

edit on 26-11-2020 by Identified because: Additional info

top topics

<<   2 >>

join