It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Pardons General Flynn!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
twitter.com...

I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!

11:14 AM · Dec 2, 2017

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: projectvxn

Find that law or case law, please.

Find what? That pardons are for guilty people? Or that his case before Judge Sullivan still has to be resolved to reflect Flynn's guilt?

Also for people wrongly convicted 🤣🤣🤣🤣

A pardon does NOT overturn a guilty conviction. It forgives the guilty.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

If I were to forgive you for being an ignorant ass, you would still be an ignorant ass, just forgiven.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Thanks, Sookie.

Top-notch job.

But pardons have broad usage in federal cases. No conviction or acceptance of guilt has to take place.

Especially, if you noted in your source, the following:

Nixon v. Sampson (D.D.C. 1975) (yes, that Nixon). (Remember that, as with President Richard Nixon, a pardon can preclude future criminal prosecutions, and not just erase past ones.)

Unlike Nixon, General Flynn was being coerced into his guilty plea.

Source: Why dismiss the Flynn case? Because the FBI can't prove it - The Hill

Fourth, the two government witnesses in the case have monumental credibility problems. Under federal law, Flynn’s statements confessing guilt during his plea proceedings would not be admissible against him at trial if the plea were vacated. And Flynn would claim, in any event, that his plea statements were induced by coercion and fraud — a threat to prosecute his son if he did not plead guilty, and the prosecutor’s commitment not to prosecute his son, which was illegally withheld from the court.

Parry and counter.
edit on 11 25 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
twitter.com...

I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!

11:14 AM · Dec 2, 2017

At the time, that's what everyone believed. We know better now.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Especially, if you noted in your source, the following:

Nixon v. Sampson (D.D.C. 1975) (yes, that Nixon). (Remember that, as with President Richard Nixon, a pardon can preclude future criminal prosecutions, and not just erase past ones.)

Yes, I remember reading, but have been unable to find it, that a president can pardon a person before a person is legally charged with a crime, in order to preclude discovery and prosecution. It would be under those circumstances that Trump could pardon his kids and anyone else under legal scrutiny before he leaves office.

Source: Why dismiss the Flynn case? Because the FBI can't prove it - The Hill

That's what Judge Sullivan was looking into, whether or not the DOJ had a reasonable answer to the question of vacating the case, after Flynn's guilty plea, but before sentencing. That's why, ironically, the case is still open, and Sullivan probably will require Flynn's allocution, under oath, before vacating the DOJ's motion.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Addendum:

If a President chose simultaneously to issue a pardon and
order the Executive Branch to expunge any such records, we believe that order
would have the effect intended, subject to any statutory constraints on executive
record-keeping.5 Even in that case, however, the pardon would not automatically
expunge the records; it would be the President’s separate expungement order that
would require administrative agencies to take action.

I was reading the DOJ source you posted in reply and found this in it.

Seems that the president can issue a full pardon and a separate order to expunge federal records which would have the desired effect in cases where the innocence of the individual is being considered. In Gen. Flynn's case, I believe this can apply

I don't know if there is an existing law that deals with that. I don't have time to look right now. As the citation states, however, this is absent any law that specifically precludes it.

Nice job. You win. You are factually correct.

edit on 11 25 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

That's what Judge Sullivan was looking into, whether or not the DOJ had a reasonable answer to the question of vacating the case, after Flynn's guilty plea, but before sentencing.

I'm aware.

I haven't bashed the judge for it. Guy seems to actually be doing his job.

I have a serious problem with the circumstances of the prosecution and the predicate investigation.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I'm also "too busy" to find it, but I was reading in the Federalist Papers about the Founding Fathers reasoning for giving pardoning powers to the president. A lot of their rationale was discussing the issue of treason. They wanted the president to able to pardon someone who would, maybe pay a bribe to a foreign entity, for example, in order to protect/defend the office of the presidency's dignity and status, should the president do something that would be bad/dumb/stupid, that could compromise the power of the office. And, that the president should be able to keep that pardon from the public.

edit on 25-11-2020 by Sookiechacha because: spelling

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Now he can be given his Medals then re-instated and Promoted all in the same day.

Oh my my my this guy is going to start stacking up massive piles of hardcore Backfill to remediate the Swamp....he going to fill the hole with the unfortunate hardcore nasties who made the mistake of trying to rip and slash Americas belly.....then go for her Throat.

This is the man who shall now begin the Process leading to Backfilling the Swamp as we progress forward.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Probably getting busy with slave girls and not wanting the public to know about it.

Government work never changes.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Statement from the Press Secretary Regarding Executive Grant of Clemency for General Michael T. Flynn

The text of the pardon makes it clear that it is not being granted on the basis of guilt. Accepting it would not constitute an admission of guilt.

There are, in fact, several circumstances where accepting a pardon does not require admitting guilt, some of which are discussed in this article:

Is accepting a pardon an admission of guilt?

(Also an example of Betteridge's law of headlines)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
December 23, 2020

President Trump pardons 26 more individuals today, after 20 pardons earlier this week.

Included today are Paul Manafort, Roger Stone, Charles Kushner.

Source: www.cnbc.com...

The Liberal Media is besides themselves with anger!

An excellent sign that President Trump is doing the right thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join