It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect- Butterball Turkeys Have Never Had A Pop Up Timer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
For as long as I can remember growing up and into adulthood, we always cooked a Butterball turkey for the holidays due to the idiot proof pop up timer...until last Christmas when the Butterball turkey I bought didn't have one. At the time I just chalked it up to having bought it at Walmart and figured Walmart had gotten a good deal on Butterballs without the timer.
And then a few minutes ago I read this...

Even Butterball, the brand probably most familiar to home cooks, doesn't endorse the pop-up timer. The company's birds have “never, never, never” had timers in them, says Carol Miller, supervisor for the ButterballTurkey Talk-Line. “And they've been around for 60 years.”

Am I the only one who remembers it wrong?

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

I can't say i've ever even seen a Turkey with a popup timer and i'm not even entirely sure what they are.
edit on 24/11/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I haven't cared for butterball turkeys for Decades, I don't like brined turkeys or chickens. I try to buy Jenny-O turkeys or brands that are not brined. If I want to brine a turkey for smoking, I will do it myself.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

I can't say i've ever even seen a Turkey with a popup timer and i'm not even entirely sure what they are.

It's a little white plastic thingy embedded in the turkey breast that pops up when it's done.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Whatttttt?

I used to get Butterballs because they had that pop-up thing. I used to buy those back when I wasn't the competent chef I am now. I needed those pop-up things.

Very strange indeed.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I haven't cared for butterball turkeys for Decades, I don't like brined turkeys or chickens. I try to buy Jenny-O turkeys or brands that are not brined. If I want to brine a turkey for smoking, I will do it myself.

One thing I've learned from reading your posts is that I want to be you when I grow up.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Whatttttt?

I used to get Butterballs because they had that pop-up thing. I used to buy those back when I wasn't the competent chef I am now. I needed those pop-up things.

Very strange indeed.

I know, right? I'm feeling a bit gob smacked right now.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I absolutely remember them!!

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Whatttttt?

Very strange indeed.

I know, right? I'm feeling a bit gob smacked right now.

Star and flag for the old style ATS conspiracy linked to Turkey Day

But I swear I started off with Butterballs for the sole reason they had that pop-up thingy

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
I absolutely remember them!!

Cue "Twilight zone" opening theme song.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I seem to remember Butterballs having pop-ups, Jennie-o’s don’t.
On another note, I had to shop all over to find b-balls or Jennie-o’s that didn’t have 15% injected solution.
I don’t ever remember those turkeys being the norm.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
For as long as I can remember growing up and into adulthood, we always cooked a Butterball turkey for the holidays due to the idiot proof pop up timer...until last Christmas when the Butterball turkey I bought didn't have one. At the time I just chalked it up to having bought it at Walmart and figured Walmart had gotten a good deal on Butterballs without the timer.
And then a few minutes ago I read this...

Even Butterball, the brand probably most familiar to home cooks, doesn't endorse the pop-up timer. The company's birds have “never, never, never” had timers in them, says Carol Miller, supervisor for the ButterballTurkey Talk-Line. “And they've been around for 60 years.”

Am I the only one who remembers it wrong?

When I was a kid, for sure there was a pop up timer, this would be in the 70s. Now, whether it was a Butterbal?

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I remember them well from when I was a kid. Probably haven't seen one since late 80s or early 90s.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oaktree
I seem to remember Butterballs having pop-ups, Jennie-o’s don’t.
On another note, I had to shop all over to find b-balls or Jennie-o’s that didn’t have 15% injected solution.
I don’t ever remember those turkeys being the norm.

Exactly. The pop up timer was what set them apart from the other brands....their "selling point".

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadlyStaringFrog
I remember them well from when I was a kid. Probably haven't seen one since late 80s or early 90s.

Either you've been doing your grocery shopping blindfolded or you're wearing your mask up too high.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I don't think I have ever gotten a frozen turkey "without" a pop up.

I admit, I have bought the "store brand" lately but I have never had a frozen turkey without one.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

They are trying to erase our memory because they know if you followed that
pop up timer your turkey was drier than grandmas...........nevermind
edit on 24-11-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well, which brand has them? cause at least one of them does. It might be an off-brand or something right now I'm showing Jennp-O and Pilgrim have them.

turkeytimer.cn... rkeys-have-pop-up-timers/what-brand-of-turkeys-have-pop-up-timers/

www.sfgate.com...

"We finally got a prototype built, and it worked," Pearlstein said. But they found that "food editors were skeptical; everybody was skeptical."

The inventors' team, which they called Dun-Rite Co., struggled for three or four years. In 1973, according to Mr. Beals' widow, Nan Beals, the team sold its company to the giant Minnesota firm, 3M, in return for 3M stock. About 15 years ago, 3M sold Dun-Rite to Volk Enterprises of Georgia.

Even though Volk has since made a pop-up timer with more sophisticated technology, Volk President Tony Volk credits the Dun-Rite group with "the idea and the first working invention of a pop-up gauge for poultry." Since the gauge took hold in the industry, Volk said, it has been placed "in more than 2 billion turkey products."

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

They are trying to erase our memory because they know if you followed that
pop up timer your turkey was drier than grandmas...........nevermind

Yes, they are notoriously unreliable.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Somewhere out there is a dimension where families are getting ready to gather round large tables with Stouffer's stuffing and a Butterball turkey with the pop-up tab.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join