It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

siouxsie and the banshees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I am thinking there is probably posts about this band in the past. So I liked them alot when I was a kid, and they kind of fell off my music radar with one exception.
So years ago my wife (art teacher) made me go with her to see a German Art thing at the Saint Louis Art Museum (About 20 years ago?). It was nice I suppose but also viewing the art was Siouxsie and I think her husband which was also her longtime bandmate drummer.

Whatever, I was kind of surprised how insanely pretty she was. Either way, none of this matters...

Today I was bored working and went to get a sandwich, decided to pull a cd from my collection instead of being irritated by the radio, satellite or other..

Selected Juju by Siouxsie and the Banshees

My fav from that cd is so vastly darker than I ever knew when I looked things up:

From the same youtube summary:

"Haunting track from the 'Juju' LP (June 1981), featuring spine-tingling guitar by the late John McGeoch. The song was inspired by the crimes of British serial killer Peter Sutcliffe, dubbed the Yorkshire Ripper, who murdered 13 women in the late 1970s/early 1980s. He was captured in January 1981, during the making of the album."

Sad that there are such things that entertain us...

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Those were the days ... Siouxsie not Sutcliffe.

Happy House.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Their best song was a Beatles cover.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

No arguments from me. As a big Beatles fan, they did a great job and treated the song with a lot of respect.

Hong Kong Garden is a great song though.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Their best song was a Beatles cover.

Although I love their version I have to disagree that it was their best song ever.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Massive Siouxsie and the Banshees fan.

Saw them live four times, every time they were excellent......first time was either in 81 or 82.

Always changing and evolving, never happy with just repeating the same old formula over and over again.

Two of my personal favourites.....but I could easily post so many more.

John McGeoch.....brilliant guitarist.
Severin and Budgie aew really underrated.

Bugger it, one more.

edit on 25/11/20 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Yeah, they remain awesome. One of a few bands I still listen to 30 years later. They were always innovative and surprisingly able musicians for some art school rejects and a punk groupie.

They have so many great pieces.

and

need to be added.

There's Christine... and this needs to be in this group, too ...

Stupid insomnia ... my neighbors now officially hate me.

edit on 11/25/2020 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

top topics

join