It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for UNSOLVED paranormal mysteries

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I'm bored. Compiling a list of UNSOLVED paranormal mysteries around the world. Honestly, I'm looking for things that aren't super publicized.... Things that are DOCUMENTED in some manner, but haven't had dozens of documentaries, books, or blogs written about them. The older, the better....but I'll take relatively new events too.

Let's see what ATS can dig up.....

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

Here's one that's very famous where I'm from but has pretty much zero recognition outside of Nova Scotia (even in Nova Scotia it's less well known than ever).

Good old Jerome of Sandy Cove washed up on shore in 1863 with his legs amputated and no ability to speak. A young boy found him, and he was fostered by families throughout the Digby area, and given a stipend from the government until he died in 1912.

No one ever figured out who he was or where he came from or why.

The general belief is that Jerome was either a sailor who was tossed overboard to drown; or a rich person from a Catholic nation in Europe who was gotten rid of over an inheritance, but we'll truly never know at this point.

My Papa was born in the 1920's, and he would tell us stories of his father and friends travelling to visit Jerome, who would growl like a dog, and would get very excited when people would bring him expensive imported treats from Europe.

(I guess not really paranormal, but NS has lots of "high strangeness".)
edit on 24-11-2020 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Up in the north, Scotland to be precise there is this Loch.......joking

but how about any of these

Bella of Wych Elm
In 1943, four boys were poaching in Hagley Woods in Stourbridge, West Midlands. As boys are wont to do, they climbed an old elm tree while playing. They were horrified to discover a woman’s skull hidden in the hollow tree. They reported it to police and further investigation revealed an entire skeleton in the tree. The identity of the woman and how she came to be hidden in the tree were never explained. For many years after, graffiti was seen around Stourbridge asking, ‘Who put Bella in Wych Elm?’

The Hairy Hands of Dartmoor
In the 1920s, a spate of car crashes occurred on a stretch of road in Dartmoor, Devon. Many of them were fatal. Locals claimed the few survivors spoke of a disembodied set of hairy hands clutching the wheel of their car just before they were thrown off the road. Those who believed it claimed the hands were those of a man who died in an accident on the road. Others said it was just a very dangerously winding road.

The mysterious ‘Ghost Lights’ of Marfa, Texas

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Lizard Man of Ore Swamp - was a story that went viral 1988 - 1989
There were other unconfirmed sitings beyond the one described above and occurred in SC.

www.counton2.com...
The Summerville Light
"I have personally seen this one numerous times and sitings have been reported as far back as it was felt noteworthy to record. I personally know more than a dozen folks that have seen and have their own personal versions that always nearly match my own experience.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think that weird hotel in Los Angeles is a good start. So SO freaking weird.

I forget its name at the moment, but its plenty weird.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The newest unsolved paranormal activity is how did Biden get all those votes.
SORRY, SORRY, I just had to.
There was a case of two women on holiday in France, they were walking through the gardens of the Versailles palace when they apparently went through a time slip and found themselves walking among people from a period a couple of hundred years ago. I'm sorry I don't know where I read this.
Then there is a story of the last woman who got jailed for witchcraft in the UK. It was in the 1940s, evidently she was a seer and foretold the destruction and massive loss of life with the sinking of the HMS Hood. Information she could not have known at the time. I hope these help.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tinktinktink

There's a similar story here in Arkansas. The Gurdon Light.

www.youtube.com...

Now, I will say that I am a VERY skeptical person. Carl Sagan Skeptical (thus, my signature....). That being said, I have witnessed the Gurdon Light myself as part of a novelty paranormal investigation that I participated in with a group of about 30 people. These types of amateur investigations are typically NOT my thing. I am too much of a scientific elitist....admittedly. However, there were SEVERAL events that night....both with the Light itself and other weird or even paranormal occurrences that made me doubt my reality.

I would break down my experience (and that of the group) into 3 major albeit separate events:

1. The light anomaly itself. We separated into two groups of approximately 15 people. The goal was to "capture" the light BETWEEN the groups and then approach it from both sides of the tracks while taking readings with various pieces of equipment and recording the light and the readings on video.

2. Weird people on the tracks. I hesitate to say "alleged satanists" because that is what many people in our group claimed. We were on the tracks in the middle of the night during a new moon. After we observed the light and did our little experiments, everyone headed back towards the clearing where the cars were parked. One group was approximately a half mile ahead of the second group. We were all in communication with UHF radio headsets. The first group radio'd back to my group (the back group) and said there were "people on the tracks." When we asked for clarification, they said "there's a group of people on the tracks and they are giving everyone a bad feeling." No other details. Within a few minutes, our group came upon these "people." There were a handful of adults and two very young children, a boy and girl. The boy and girl were sitting on the tracks facing each other. The adults were circled around them and looked very angry and downright hostile at our "intrusion." Despite our group having NO LESS than a half dozen law enforcement professionals, strangely (and very out of character) no one wanted to question or even speak to these individuals. Everyone just kept walking...except me. I slowed down and stared at them all. At that point, the little girl looked up at me and said "are you the last one?" Before I could even respond, my partner grabbed my arm and literally dragged me away down the tracks. He was very concerned we were in danger and wanted us to get out of there. As we got a little further away, we passed two girls who looked to be teenagers who were headed towards the strangers. One of the girls was heavily pregnant. Neither spoke to either group....

3. The time slip. Both groups were anxious to get back to our vehicles because of the encounter with the strangers. The parking for the Gurdon light is typically a large clearing in the woods right next to the tracks. After walking what seemed to be a ridiculously long time, our group (the back group) ran into the highway. In order to reach the highway, you have to pass the clearing where the cars were parked. We never passed the clearing. Everyone was clearly confused.... How could 15 people miss something like that? Granted, it was dark although we were all wearing headlamps or had flashlights. We were also weirded out by the strangers....but all 15 people MISS the clearing where at least 20 cars were parked? Not likely.... We turned back and headed the other direction and eventually came across the clearing. Everyone from the entire first group had left? When we got back in our vehicles, it was evident that we were missing several hours which no one could account for. It should NOT have taken several hours to make that small hike. These things were not adding up and I still do not have any explanation. There is no gap in my memory. I don't have any recollection of "blacking out" or waking up in a different place I couldn't explain....

Altogether, it was just a very strange and unexplained experience.
edit on 24-11-2020 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I've actually done a lot of reading in the past several years about time slips (see the post I just made about an experience I had in Gurdon). I do think this phenomena exists...and not just because of my experience. I was a physics major in college. I believe there is a lot about the nature of time that we don't fully understand yet.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The peculiar case of Robert Taylor and his UFO incident.

The Dechmont Wood Incident

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

The Cecil Hotel. A lot of weird stuff happened there. From the strange death of Elisa Lam to suicides, hauntings, and Richard Ramirez stayed there. Interesting and creepy place for sure.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Wow! I really appreciate your posting that experience!

One of the worst things for me about the possible 'end' of ATS is that over the years I have come to know which members are genuinely "skeptical" as opposed to those who merely 'debunk'...

...and I especially appreciate certain members like yourself who have a scientific background, so when they write about paranormal experiences I know I can trust that the account is truly accurate and not exaggerated.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Check out any one of the missing 411 cases by David Pauladies. The Elysia Lam case in particular is very confusing. Then again none of those cases make sense. If you've got a detective mind they are maddening.

The Datylov (sp?) Pass incident was a story of Russian hikers I believe that still has people scratching their head. That was a long time ago.

Also found a rabbit hole concerning a man named ZackTV. He was a reporter of sorts for the hoods of chicago. He would interview rival gangs, rappers etc. He kind of got a pass from everybody because he allowed them to tell their story. He got on a case of a girl who went missing at a hotel (with sketchy details) and soon after was killed. It was conveniently blamed on gang violence, because chicago, but A lot of people think it was because he wouldn't stop looking into this girls case.
edit on 24-11-2020 by SuicideKing33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

Wow! I really appreciate your posting that experience!

One of the worst things for me about the possible 'end' of ATS is that over the years I have come to know which members are genuinely "skeptical" as opposed to those who merely 'debunk'...

...and I especially appreciate certain members like yourself who have a scientific background, so when they write about paranormal experiences I know I can trust that the account is truly accurate and not exaggerated.

Thanks...I like to think I am a very open minded skeptic. I am willing to listen objectively to a theory or an experience. Afterwards, I try to understand all the different possibilities that might explain the theory or experience while understanding that each "possibility" might have a different weighting factor in reality. Occam's Razor, right? Nature typically takes the path of least resistance. But that is only if we allow that our perspective of nature is limited to what we know RIGHT NOW. "What we know" is always changing, growing, and evolving. It is only through a constant scientific process of hypothesize, test, observe, analysis, and repeat that we change our understanding of "what we know." If you are rigid in your thinking, growth and evolution will never occur.

edit on 24-11-2020 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuicideKing33

Check out any one of the missing 411 cases by David Pauladies. The Elysia Lam case in particular is very confusing. Then again none of those cases make sense. If you've got a detective mind they are maddening.

I actually started a thread on the missing 411 cases just a few weeks ago. Saw a documentary about it which triggered my interest. Was completely unaware that this individual had written some books and other information. Very intriguing....

The Datylov (sp?) Pass incident was a story of Russian hikers I believe that still has people scratching their head. That was a long time ago.

The Datylov Pass incident is pretty well known among paranormal enthusiasts. While I do find it interesting, I'm looking for stories that are a bit more obscure....

Also found a rabbit hole concerning a man named ZackTV. He was a reporter of sorts for the hoods of chicago. He would interview rival gangs, rappers etc. He kind of got a pass from everybody because he allowed them to tell their story. He got on a case of a girl who went missing at a hotel (with sketchy details) and soon after was killed. It was conveniently blamed on gang violence, because chicago, but A lot of people think it was because he wouldn't stop looking into this girls case.

Why do you think this might be paranormal? Just curious....

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Missing 411 is crazy for sure.

The zackTV case isn't paranormal per se just really odd circumstances that hints at much greater crimes related to human trafficking or organ harvesting and that hotel.

Apparently people were calling zack telling him to forget about it he's dealing with really bad stuff, stop talking about it etc. The case is almost like a creepy door that leads to some weird stuff but not really "otherworldly" like 411 or datylov.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Where were these suggestions when I was asking the same thing with the intention of actually going to said places and documenting anything I found?

These are good suggestions. I'm going to add them to my list as well.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I got a few, I'll post them tomorrow because well they aren't mine exactly, they are inside some books I have. So I have the books, I have many books on these kind of things.

What kind of mysteries are you looking for:
Missing persons
UFO/UAP
Cryptids
Time Slips
Ghosts
Unusual human behaviors
ancient mysteries

Name it, I'm sure I got a ton of stories.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   
One that I remember from some time back. A guy was found wandering in the Mojave in full snow gear. He was taken to a hospital with amnesia. He stayed there for a while and the news covered his story to find someone who knew him. The Gov then contacted the hospital and stopped all treatment for him. Right after a woman called while the news cameras we're in the room and said she was his mom. He left and nothing was heard of him again.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

“Are you the last one”?

Reminded me of last in line Missing 411 connection.

That is creepy, thank you for sharing that!

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
A couple of points to ponder:
Daniel Douglas Home: The man who could fly

The Miracles of Saint-Medard

The mad gasser of Mattoon, but if you want something obscure there was also the Mad Gasser of Botetourt Va.

The mystery Airships of Salt Lake City Utah in 1917-1918. This one is fun due to the cults, fraudsters, and the airships never being solved.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join