It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr in 5 Days!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
That's right, ATS. Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr in 5 days on 11/28/2020! I've been waiting for this fight for a while. An 8 round exhibition fight between 2 former heavyweight champs!

I think Tyson will will. Who you got, ATS?

I gotta admit that I wasn't that excited for this fight at first, however, as the fight gets closer I'm getting moer and more excited.

www.tmz.com...

What says ATS?

www.espn.com...
edit on 23-11-2020 by lostbook because: word change

edit on 23-11-2020 by lostbook because: paragraph edit

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I feel torn, I really like the Mike Tyson of today ... enlightened. But I saw his amazing destruction of heavyweights back in the day. I think he is 54 and he just can't be the same guy ... I keep thinking that if I watch him today it will somehow tarnish the warrior I saw back in the 80s.

All that said it's exciting ... he brings that like nobody else. It will be exciting but I'm not expecting to see the same guy in the ring.

I've watched all the videos of him training and its scary boy.

# you are getting me pumped...

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Mike Tyson seems crazy af lately lol

I think it'll be a good fight, but whats this # ?

Due to the nature of an exhibition fight, it has been declared to not allow knockouts due to them being too dangerous, with the clash instead being described as a 'heavy sparring' session.

I guess once your so old you shouldn't be getting hit in the head at all eh

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Due to the nature of an exhibition fight, it has been declared to not allow knockouts due to them being too dangerous, with the clash instead being described as a 'heavy sparring' session.

I didn't catch this. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well, just 6 months ago the man struggled to rip a cotton T-shirt off of himself.

Hope he's been training very hard because Roy is just a bit tougher than a $12 shirt.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

The wind from a Tyson hook was enough to knockout Bruce Seldon years ago. I think "heavy sparring" probably is code for "both parties' payments negotiated long before the 'fight' begins"

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Mike Tyson is going to punch holes in him.

Seeing what Aussie boxer Danny green did to Jones 11 years ago in just the first round I just don't see him winning against Iron Mike.

1st round KO victory to Tyson.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Whaaaaaaaaat!? Yawn. In that case I revise my prediction to a TKO win by Tyson. Ref stops it in round 3/4
edit on 23112020 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Should be better than a WNBA game......

It would have to be right?

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Should be better than a WNBA game......

It would have to be right?

Haha what does the giant lady say on Futurama?

Something along the lines of 'no dunks but good fundamentals'

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Tyson looks hungry to prove himself. I don't think Roy Jones will last long. I do however, expect him to put up a good fight. We shall see.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Roy is a warrior but i've seen a few interviews... he looks a little worried... but who wouldn't be

He actually shouldn't be fighting tyson, hes out of his weight class, but he won the belt as a heavy weight so he can definitely hold his own

Should be a good fight... Just pisses me off that they reduced the round time to two mins

Just because they're old doesn't make them women ffs...

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Honestly I think they are just trying to get a little cash injection and laugh to the bank.

It's only an exhibition, 2 minute rounds I heard, "no knockouts", (I guess the ref will just beat them both up if they start throwing bombs? Lol)

Not like a real prizefight when they were in their primes. People might not know Roy kept fighting until not too long ago, obviously not at the level of 25 years ago. If it were a real fight here's the key I think. Roy has been KO'd multiple times. Like completely asleep KO'd. After his speed and reflexes faded he got KOd left and right it was sad.

Tyson has been beat up sure. Maybe even a KO as the rules state (vs Lennox Lewis comes to mind). But never had Tyson been completely slept where you are out and snoring. Tyson fought heavyweights like holyfield, Lennox lewis, Larry holmes...lost to the first 2 but wasn't slept.

I think if Tyson lands clean Roy is going out. But I'm getting the feeling it won't be that drastic.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I think it’s cause he came off the weed. He seemed so much more at peace when was smoking everyday; now he gets erections thinking about punching people in the face.

I’m not a scientist but there may be some correlation there.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: notquiteright

The fight highlights vs Holyfield with that music is classic!! I laughed the whole time.....!

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Knockouts not allowed?!!!
How does that work, like what. Dont hit each other too hard now lads there there good men???

Tyson will knock Jones out in 3

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

lol Roy jones isn't gonna just roll over man

Should be interesting

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Well, whats your prediction?

top topics

<<   2 >>