It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you SEE this, Can someone tell me WTF is going on here!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Can someone tell me WTF is going on here!
I will not say what hospital this is due to the repercussions that would deprive me of my practice and livelihood.
But I have to say something.
Due to the new release of a more virulent strain of the virus, many hospitals around the country are converting normal patient rooms into China Virus Negative Airflow rooms. These are the same rooms used for Ebola, TB and other very high infectious diseases. So as the need goes up, more rooms are converted. But what the hell was the Administration thinking on converting these rooms and blowing the exhaust not only on their employees entering the hospital, but just below, is the patient pick-up area, smoking zone ( I can't figure that one out either).

The red arrows point to the silver lined black holes, which are the exhausts. I have been in MANY of the CoVID19 patient rooms and the duct work is NOT filtered, and exhausts directly out of the room to the outside of the building. WTF!

As you walk up to the entrance, the exhaust is so strong that you can feel it on your skin!
And now there is the warning that is is aerosolized!
www.cdc.gov...
www.scientificamerican.com...
But we knew that.
edit on V092020Sundaypm30America/ChicagoSun, 22 Nov 2020 15:09:07 -06001 by Violater1 because: l;'gyf

edit on V492020Sundaypm30America/ChicagoSun, 22 Nov 2020 15:49:57 -06001 by Violater1 because: ligrg

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
That is rather frightening
edit on 22-11-2020 by SuperDave90 because: Typo

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperDave90
Is that place on $%#!^&*? If so I’ll surely be avoiding at all costs.

Would you mind editing that please. I don't think I have to say why, but I believe that this is happening all around the country.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Social Distancing rules seem to be about 2 meters (6 feet) - that is indoors, where the virus is likely to be more concentrated. This looks like it exceeds that distance and there is a greater volume of air in which the virus would disperse.

And there is sunlight there too, which attenuates the virus.

edit on 22/11/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Social Distancing rules seem to be about 2 meters (6 feet) - that is indoors, where the virus is likely to be more concentrated. This looks like it exceeds that distance and there is a greater volume of air in which the virus would disperse.

Sir, if you are truly this caviler, send me a PM and I will pay for your plane ticket and you can stand at the employee entrance for a few minutes. I only ask that you sign a release, sign an agreement for specific performance, and will allow me to video tape you doing this.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Awesome! The folks standing outside those doors toNIGHT will be relieved to know that.
a reply to: chr0naut

edit on 22-11-2020 by SuperDave90 because: Typo

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If its good enough for an ICU, then its good enough for a restaurant ❗🚬

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
And I just found out that Governor Waltz added onto his mandate that hospitals aren't allowed any guests at all.

My grandpa recently broke his hip. His wife is no longer allowed to see him daily, she has been staying at a hotel. His health declined rapidly if he doesn't have her around or any loved ones to visit him.

He's already throwing up his food, no motivation and nurses aren't putting him through the physical therapy he needs.

We're looking at hopping states for a different hospital.

This is a joke.

We have to look at border crossing. Just to care for an elder. This isn't about protecting them. They need hostages.

I'm already looking into lawyers.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

Sir, if you are truly this caviler, send me a PM and I will pay for your plane ticket and you can stand at the employee entrance for a few minutes. I only ask that you sign a release, sign an agreement for specific performance, and will allow me to video tape you doing this.

I don't think I'm likely to be able to travel back home from the nation with the highest levels of COVID-19 infection in the world. So I will decline your kind offer.

While this may look bad, I suspect that it probably isn't. None the less, probably it wasn't well considered when they did the retrofit.

Perhaps some diffusers on the fans or a barrier at the edge of the balcony could be put up?

Interestingly, there is a precedent of a poorly planned attempt at isolation in a German hospital where the spores of Anthrax traveled from one floor to another through open windows, infecting wards where the patients were supposed to be safely isolated.

edit on 22/11/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Okay, I have a question. Are not the people using the entrance already wearing their masks? Wouldn't protect them? Don't answer if there's any possibility that someone will figure out who you are. Me, I wear a N95 respirator and ditched the cloth ones months ago.

I really don't understand why the exhaust would not be directed up instead of straight out. From an engineering point of view, that would be the logical way to construct these things.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: billxam

The same reason most modern homes don’t exhaust out the roof, not only do you introduce weather into the outlet but it takes less pressure to exhaust vertical.

Masks are to protect others not you. Virus particles are way to small to be filtered by a mask.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

WTF? = HVAC contract given to the lowest bidder, plans approved by hospital who-knows-who in the Mgt chain, venting needed but no one was told "what needs venting".

They probably used schematics of the building looking for the easiest access to run ductwork.
BINGO!!!

Everything is now completely FUBAR'd.

Just guessing but pretty sure this is how the hospital managed to find a way to infect the general public.
SMH

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Call Osha!

Get an inspector out there.
edit on 22-11-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Yikes. That looks really bad ....

Be careful if / when you might choose to blow the whistle on that, because at least in my own healthcare system, they don't actually treat people who try to improve the situation by exposing faults very well.

Go go go my brotha

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

Call Osha!

Get an inspector out there.

Yes, get OSHA involved.

I run large facilities but not medical facilities. Even so some of the HVAC systems that we have are 100% supply and exhaust air for specific reasons.

Most buildings recycle more than 50% of the exhaust air and return it to the building space with a percentage of fresh air in order to save on heating and cooling energy costs.

I would assume that most systems in a hospital are 100% fresh air.

The exhaust plenums and louvres get much dirtier with a 100% exhaust or exhaust/supply system. I would assume that there is a lot of contaminated air being exhausted from a hospital. Unless they are using UV lights or something similar in the plenum which I doubt.

At the moment workers at our facilities are using full ppe when changing filters or working on any exhaust system.

All that grime and dust? A good percentage is human skin!

Stay away from it. I do, even with commercial building exhaust.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

I've done a massive amount commercial demolition retro fit.
And I know first hand even before covid. Those filters and
so much more can make you sicker than hell. Ungodly crap
settles in every building. Just turning over a dirty ceiling tile
with out ppc. Could land a person in the hospital.

Verynasty.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

I've done a massive amount commercial demolition retro fit.
And I know first hand even before covid. Those filters and
so much more can make you sicker than hell. Ungodly crap
settles in every building. Just turning over a dirty ceiling tile
with out ppc. Could land a person in the hospital.

Verynasty.

You’ve got that right!

Most building systems can be compared to the systems in the human body. One the isn’t very miraculous and well functioning.

HVAC is the respiratory system.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Brother, whistleblow!! Those should at the very least have a HEPA filter on them before they exhaust. Email Project Veritas, they will have your back! Seriously try Project Veritas.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

And there is sunlight there too, which attenuates the virus.

Dear god, you take everything the left says as the gospel, zero critical thinking.

Tell you what, you stand in front of the exhaust and tell me if you can detect any scent as an experiment.
First I gotta stop off at Chipotle, but I’ll be right there.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

Yikes. That looks really bad ....

Be careful if / when you might choose to blow the whistle on that, because at least in my own healthcare system, they don't actually treat people who try to improve the situation by exposing faults very well.

Go go go my brotha

I'm in a practice here in town, blowing the whistle would jeopardize my friends and colleagues. Understand, that this is a heavy democrat town and state, and, I'd be going against some of the worst in the country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join