It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else having PS4 issues with the 8.01 update

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
So my playstation 4 updated the other day with the new version 8.01 adding the ps5 option and other malarkey. After this update I have been experiencing hard drive issues and corrupted data, meaning I need to re initialize and wipe it back to original or buy a new hard drive. I was curious if others here have been experiencing console breaking issues since the new updates/ launch of ps5?

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I’ve had similar issues, but my ps4 just shuts off automatically.. it’s frustrating. Hasn’t done it in a day or two, but it happened frequently right after the update

a reply to: Brotherman

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: brianrook

yeah man having strange issues looks like I need to shell out money and fix it, mainly its for the kid and my lady to watch things on and him to play games.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Yeah. Gameplay and menus are laggy now. Other than that seems to be still working.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

mine is unplayable its a bitch too because literally it is 2 weeks out of warranty bought it brand new last october with a 1 year warranty

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Forced obsolescence, don't you just wanna' buy a PS5? They always do this, some updates break phones.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
A demon came out of the disk entry, but other than that, it's fine. If you don't count the binaural soundwaves playing at very low volume that make me want to start coughing on people.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
My PlayStation will not install the new update says an error occurred every time I try to update but do have the ps5 remote thing so idk what's going on

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Lichter daraus

You should be able to install it in safe mode.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I get the same message all the time about coughing on people, the demon once said to me about efficacy involved in carnival barking trying make children play beer pong with mini fish bowls.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
im about to hit my ps4 with the modd.
its already been 'tweaked' cause im at 5.05
but i just found out i can update even further.

i also have the ps5, but its not even opened yet lol
im ordering THE PATHLESS for the ps5.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

Lemme know what happens

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Mine updated the other day but I didn’t play anything until last night, seemed to work fine.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The same thing happened when the PS4 come out, my PS3 had this unrecoverable update crash loop. They are forcing you to upgrade.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Mine has worked fine. It's ancient too. I bought it in late 2016. Other than the fact the disc reader hasn't worked in over a year it still works great. I just download all my games instead of hard copies.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

Mines a ps4 pro bought last Halloween basically used by our 5 year old and mommy for Netflix he generally plays spider man. I play with it sometimes too mainly for Sony exclusives as I have a whole lot of other things I could be playing in or just doing. So found it odd update hit and it went to sh1t. I was asking cause I didn’t know if anyone else experienced something similar.

top topics

join