It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling the pressure..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Most of us have been there.

I have been there, and I still 15 years later feel guilty if I lost it when my son was younger (yelling, I never spanked him);It wasn’t a lot, but I realized right away I was overwhelmed at one point. I was working 12+ hour days, come home, cook dinner, do dishes, bath son, sing him to sleep, stay up til 12 some nights to catch up on laundry, to get up at 5:00am next day, make his daycare lunch, dress him, drive him to daycare, go to work 12+ hours to repeat day after day.

I ended up taking an early buyout at my job, which was a sacrifice financially, I went from 70k yr to 0, cashed in a few 401ks to get by for a couple years.

My sisters advice at the time was, “You can always make money again, but you can’t get back time”.

I realize you are the main breadwinner (or at least I think you are) do you probably don’t have the option of putting anything done right now.

I forgot to mention, take vitamin b for energy also.

Other parents have and do lose it from time to time, don’t beat yourself up. You are doing the best you can, and you sound like a good dad, husband, and provider, and thank you for serving our country as well!

I have prayed for blessings, peace, and calmness and success and some miracles for you. You’re not alone!

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Hi DTOM,
I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to ask you to consider bring this thread to the ATS owner's attention, particularly in light of this post by Irishhaf:

I appreciate the kind words and the advice very much it helps me to see and gives me some other avenues to consider which is very helpful as I do get tunnel vision.

After writing that I was able to sit down and knock out the first few pages of my thesis, set up my situation fictional company and build the outline of the paper.

I will be so screwed if ATS goes away, yall are a better representation of the world than many in person situations since the vast majority of you are outside my personal bubble, which helps me as I mentioned in the first sentence.

Love you all.

It just seems to me that providing a 'therapy like' service for people within a known community means something...and if the owners can't get buyers for ATS, maybe they could find some way to make the site a nonprofit and at least get tax write-offs from it...?

To Irishhaf -
I'm glad that being able to express your frustrations here gave you at least enough temporary stress relief to help you catch your breath and focus on getting some of your work done!

You and your family are in my prayers!
edit on 22-11-2020 by lostgirl because: addendum

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Some people somewhere in this planet benefit from the pain and suffering caused by the corona virus ...They are becoming richer ,more secure and calmer and living in less polluted and populated planet.They want to make sure that it takes years if not decades for people to get back to their feet in order to think and critic and actually be a threat to them again... Whoever made and manufactured this virus is a genus who froze the time and put all the social unrest all over the world in pause so the elite can buy some more time to come up with new plans and ideas to perpetuate their existance and to make sure their grand children can continue sucking up the populations blood the same way their parents did for generations...Lets all pray that greed and fear vanishes from the face of the earth once and for all so people can actually live and enjoy and serve their real purpose in life for a change.

<< 1   >>

join