It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Election and the Simulated Universe hypothesis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   
"IF" we were living in a simulated universe inside some giant super computer, does this mean that the 2020 election is an event that was programmed in to it for us to experienceto see how we would react, or is the election something that we came up with ourselves?

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

In my opinion, yes. Absolutely.

Along with every other major event we experience.

You gotta admit, in 2020 the universe has been putting on quite a show.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Too many “Ifs”. But, Um yeah. I mean YES. A big what if to your OP porque No?

Also why dafuq they care about something as asinine as elections? Like F with a volcano or sumthin.....
edit on 22-11-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Cant we have been programmed to do it ourselves?

Best of both worlds.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a lot of simulation type theory parallels that of the 'planes' of a lot of religious thought. Saying we're in some kind of supercomputer just seems too sci-fi to me, though.
edit on 22-11-2020 by akiros because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Probably not to see how we react but to push us in a given direction... maybe this is about sorting the wheat from the chaff.

Too many God wannabees on Earth, that's one thing that's become very clear with Corona and this Election, Tower of Babel V2

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I tried to play the Sims once. I got bored fairly quickly and proceeded to cause them as many problems as I could, just to see how screwed up it would get. Then I turned it off. Maybe that's where we're at.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   

There are a multitude of events that you could say that about and probably ones that have far more serious implications. Fukushima for one. The 2000 election for another - how would the population react to a major attack on the country after an election where the winner wasn't clear?

The list is endless and the election was a blip on the radar.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I think that the simulated universe theory has potential...we could easily be living in a simulated environment.

Money is an unnecessary artificial construct. Avatars/people level up buy obtaining money/credits. Money is used to purchase things that avatars/people need (but more often things that they want but don’t need).

So if we are in a simulated universe what purpose would a politically charged election have? The drama of the election would effectively keep the avatars actively engaged in the game. It could also be used to introduce a hew game element or programming rule change that will impact the simulated world.

I also theorize that if players get bored from the monotony of the daily grind of the game and throw in the towel and exit the game early - suicide rates go up.

new topics

top topics

join