It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressional Dems condemn execution of man convicted of heinous abuse, rape and murder of child

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The only thing wrong with the death penalty for sadistic murderers is. The fact that many are later proved to be innocent. If you are sure you have the right killer. Kill them as cheaply and humanely as possible.

Don't get revenge. Just get rid of them.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

You can be against the death penalty and not condone the acts of that monster at the same time you know.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Oh wow we said almost the same thing lol.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

You can be against the death penalty and not condone the acts of that monster at the same time you know.

What do you have against death?

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

Nothing.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This from the people who think that taking pictures of yourself with the presidents head and think its ok to assult people who just disagree with you
But are upset that someone who tortured raped and killed a girl is getting what they deserve. That's rich

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

55% of us are in favor of the death penalty apparently.

I used to be for it, until I began thinking about it clearly. Our system is supposed to err on the side of the accused, as it's better that a guilty person walk free, than a single innocent person be jailed. If we apply that here, the death penalty should not exist, if it's possible even one innocent person could be executed.

I've come to view life without parole as the worst sentence given. A lifetime in a small cell is far worse than death in my estimation.

edit on 11/21/2020 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Sometimes revenge is a good thing.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Sometimes revenge is a good thing.

It is a dish best served cold.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Does the presence of not “condoning” the vile actions even things out in your estimation? Dead girl vs.“I don’t condone it”. Seems a bit off kilter to me. Mental gymnastics may make you FEEL better...but gives little solace to the memory of the deceased victim or their family. Some people simply FORFEIT the right to exist in this dimension due to their actions. I’m glad you have clarity with your view and am certain I have certitude with mine.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The executed is a clear example of those deserving only of execution.

I will hear no cry of clemency for the likes of him.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Not really the point. To be against the penalty doesn't make exceptions. Government #s up all the time. Then we have scumbags like kermela that commit crimes on behalf of the state. At least if you are the victim of either of these circumstances, you have a shot at getting it corrected if the government can't kill you first.

Took the words right out of my mouth! If I remember correct, around a 100 innocent people have been put to death.

Life in solitary is enough.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
We had a guy have his conviction overturned just the other day..spent 37 years in prison.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

As far as I'm concerned there ain't no excuse
For the rapin' and the killin' and the child abuse
But I've got a way to put an end to all that fast
You just take them rascals out in the swamp
Put 'em on their knees and tie 'em to a stump
Let the rattlers and the bugs and the alligators do the rest

CDB Simple Man
And that I am.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I encourage everyone to read the details of the Petit family murders that took place in Chesire, Connecticut on July 23, 2007.

Fair warning, it is possibly one of the most disturbing and disgusting accounts of evil you will ever come across, so if you are easily disrupted, emotionally, by things you read, maybe skip link.

For those unaware of the story, it pertains to 2 men who perpetrated a home invasion on the Petit family, which consisted of the father/husband, Dr. William Petit, his wife Jennifer Hawke-Petit and their two daughters, 17-year-old Hayley Petit and 11-year-old Michaela Petit. Dr Petit was injured badly by the two intruders, and then tied in the basement. After forcing Jennifer to drive to an ATM and withdraw money, she was raped and strangled to death. Then, each of her daughters were tied to their beds, and the 11 year old was raped. The house was then covered in gasoline and burnt to the ground. The daughters died of smoke inhalation. Miraculously, Dr. Petit was able to escape his confinement from the basement, and survived, if you can call persisting through such an act of horror living.

The two men guilty of the crimes, Steven Hayes and Joshua Komisarjevsky, were convicted and sentenced to death in 2010. The guilt of the men is not in dispute. Unlike many of the documented, convenient, literal needle in a haystack cases where the defendant is found to be innocent of committing their crimes, this case has 0 uncertainty, not the slightest sliver of doubt that these two men raped and killed an 11 year old and her mother, and killed the other 17 year old daughter.

In 2015, despite the previous sentence for the men to be put to death, and despite the Connecticut General Assembly's legal prohibition of capital punishment ONLY FOR NEW CASES (i.e. this case from 2007 was "grandfathered" in for eligibility of capital punishment), the Connecticut Supreme Court ruled that capital punishment was unconstitutional, and commuted ALL pending cases of capital punishment, including this one.

So now, as Connecticut tax payer, myself and my fellow citizens are on the hook to pay for the feeding, clothing, housing, supervision, and ancillary activities for these two POS. Every Day. For the rest of their lives.

Here in Connecticut, the average cost of care for an inmate per annum is $62,159. You can read up on the price of looking after prison inmates in your state HERE.

So when we inject the term "vengeance" into this debate, I find that to be a rhetorical device, a straw man argument of the bleeding heart crowd, a construct used to build a soap box of moral high ground from which the reality-detached folks (such as the justices comprising the CT Supreme Court in 2015) can peer down on the rest of us and proclaim "How DARE you wish to take these mens' lives!".

If we're talking Biblical vengeance, "eye for an eye"..... I'll let your imagination wander to what that would entail in this instance. Injecting somebody sitting in a chair with a lethal dose of a chemical.... is not vengeance. Even marching these piece of filth out to the back wall of the prison, and perfunctorily putting a bullet in their foreheads .... is not vengeance. Dying a slow, agonizing death in flames, after being physically violated....that's the "eye for an eye" business. Nobody that is pro-capital punishment is in favor of that, to my mind. Put simply, I don't want one penny of my tax money to be spent for one. single. act. of care, feeding or hospice for these two men. NOT ONE CENT.

Personally, I don't see why this entire situation is so hard to find a mutually agreeable arrangement. I would propose this: a penal island in the middle of the sea, so remote, so perilous that no possible avenue of escape could exist. The men are dropped off on the island, with nothing but an orange jumpsuit in which they are dressed. After this point, every sympathetic rube, bleeding heart, morally condescending observer, is free to invest any sum of money they wish to provide for the well-being of the criminals on that island. If you as a Californian or New Yorker, want to allot $10 for Steven Hayes to have a meal next week, knock yourself out! If a person in Seattle or Austin or L.A. want to chip in for insulin or antibiotics or health care for Joshua Komisarjevsky, DO IT, nobody will stop you.

Not me; I'll pass.
edit on 22-11-2020 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

And then you let him out early for good behavior ...

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I also wonder why the same people who object so strenuously to death by lethal injection fight it on the grounds that it's cruel and unusual and inflicts pain, but often they argue that if someone wants medically assisted suicide ... why, they should be allowed to do it.

Aren't they the same damn thing? Death by lethal injection is death by lethal injection.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

I totaly understand how you feel, I'll just say, you spend more on executions than you do life sentences.

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I also wonder why the same people who object so strenuously to death by lethal injection fight it on the grounds that it's cruel and unusual and inflicts pain, but often they argue that if someone wants medically assisted suicide ... why, they should be allowed to do it.

Aren't they the same damn thing? Death by lethal injection is death by lethal injection.

Meh, most people are just aware that innocent people have been executed(at least a hundred), by the govt..who most people dont trust. Square that circle.

End of story.
edit on 22-11-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

I totaly understand how you feel, I'll just say, you spend more on executions than you do life sentences.

A rope cost,what 5 bucks? bullets are cheap too. We can do it so much cheaper. We should export them to china for execution.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join