It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show me something from the media that ISNT misconstrued

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Just a bit from this article ....... BBC article

an advantage due to some arcane rules

I’ll return later to edit this, but if you use critical thinking and your current knowledge; seeing the lies and deception the media uses, is quite clear...
So my question is why do so many believe “everything their told”? What happened to forming your OWN conclusion? Is it neglect, ignorance, or laziness?

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Is it neglect, ignorance, or laziness?

Right from the start you've described 1/2 the population. Maybe more.
My neighbors are probably watching MSNBC as I type!

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
My personal gut feeling is that perhaps 1/4 of people now know the mainstream media can not trusted as an objective news source, and that most of these people have woken up within the last year or so. People are waking up now due to the mainstream media are so obviously and in the open censoring conservative news and favoring leftist ideas.

-MM

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

It is easy to understand when you do just a tiny bit of self reflection.

If you read something you want to hear, it makes you feel good, and you believe it because you want to. Even if you find out later it is not true, you will not readily reject it.

Now when you read something you don't want to hear, you become uncomfortable, maybe even angry, and you will reject it. Even if you find out it is actually true, you will not readily accept it.

All in all, they give us what we want to hear.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Laziness people will not accept responsibility -they want someone to tell them what to believe and do,normalcy bias its too hard not being a sheep especially in 2020 where logic,reason,scientific proof and civility have been traded for emotions and herd mentality....and illogical fear.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I was jokingly going to post about the weather, but even still, the spin is unreal....

Seriously though...

I see mainly willful ignorance, laziness, and lastly the "mostly harmless" factor. People want a weak and meek president for the warm and fuzzy feeling.

Like Obama being virtue-signaled into office.
edit on 20-11-2020 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand
Just a bit from this article ....... BBC article

an advantage due to some arcane rules

I’ll return later to edit this, but if you use critical thinking and your current knowledge; seeing the lies and deception the media uses, is quite clear...
So my question is why do so many believe “everything their told”? What happened to forming your OWN conclusion? Is it neglect, ignorance, or laziness?

Neglect, and mainly laziness. That, and they like to feel superior. Their best friend Mika from MSNBC or that effeminate horrific-looking Anderson Cooper or Whoopi Goldberg tells them something they should be angry about and whom they should judge and shame, and then they get to go out and judge and shame people for non-issues and feel like they are wonderful people.

So again: laziness. Total, disgusting, weak-assed laziness. They are so #cking lazy they can’t even think for themselves. Let Anderson Cooper and Rachel Maddow do it for them.

It’s utterly disgusting.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Personally, I want more political engagement too, but it´s not fair to call people uninterested in politics lazy. Regular working class people are busy with their own life and politics typically is not on peoples mind in general; rather work, school, kids & family matters are instead. That is not to say that they are weak though, once awake the working class is powerful enough to change any regime no matter how totalitarian it is - history is the proof of that.

So then, just how can we awaken this "dormant" political class as a whole to what´s going on? Unfortunately, the simple answer is we can´t - historically, this dormant political class is only awoken by the totalitarian regime itself due to a lack of "bread and circus" - but when this Kraken awakes history changes.

Until then, the only thing us conservatives can do is to share our political views with our family, friends, and colleagues, and hopefully awaken those sleepers one-by-one.

-MM
edit on 20-11-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
That, and they like to feel superior.

They are so #cking lazy they can’t even think for themselves.

Unlike you, of course.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Now I’m sure the “ Arcane rules” they spoke of is a reference to the 12 amendment

The Electors shall meet in their respective states and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and of all persons voted for as Vice-President, and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate;-The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted;-The person having the greatest Number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice. And if the House of Representatives shall not choose a President whenever the right of choice shall devolve upon them, before the fourth day of March next following, then the Vice-President shall act as President, as in the case of the death or other constitutional disability of the President-The person having the greatest number of votes as Vice-President, shall be the Vice-President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed, and if no person have a majority, then from the two highest numbers on the list, the Senate shall choose the Vice-President; a quorum for the purpose shall consist of two-thirds of the whole number of Senators, and a majority of the whole number shall be necessary to a choice. But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

Now the word arcane (understood by few; mysterious or secret) is an odd choice and completely irrelevant to a widely known body of work that is the Constitution and the Bill of Rights... Trying to make it seem like wizardry or magic

edit on 20-11-2020 by SeektoUnderstand because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
A few of media channels I generally agree with these days

Pete Santill does 2-3 hour shows each day, lot of good information. He got wrapped up in the Bundy Ranch stuff, experienced the rough side of the system, very use to censorship attacks and has a strong network these days.

Greg Hunter of USA Watchdog does .5 - 1 hour once a week. Is what journalism use to be.

www.gooddog-usa.com...
Gooddog is another that has a lot of good information, gets a bit deeper into some of the Q stuff. Has a strong Christian theme, find it helps with some of the darker issues going on.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I went to school for journalism, the problem is everyone wants it now! To truly give someone an unbiased fact filled story; you would have to dedicate time and resources to investigate said story, get sources and fact check. However, with “24 hour” news, that became impossible and it’s EXACTLY why CNN was created, the rest is history.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
According to The Macmillan Thesaurus arcane is synonymous with:

complicated
difficult
complex
elaborate
confused
confusing
incomprehensible
intricate
contorted
involved

Seems fitting, especially for a publication in the UK or any other country without the EC.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

It’s not confusing after 3 mins of research, it’s been around for almost 300 years . 👌🏼

But that’s what I mean about “ doing your own research”.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It might seem complicated to someone where popular vote decides the winner.

That doesn't mean it is incomprehensible, just more complicated.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Agreed, however that should make them open to exploring more forms of government. After all; as they say, “knowledge is power”

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand
Agreed, however that should make them open to exploring more forms of government. After all; as they say, “knowledge is power”

Why, because you think the EC is something special? They are not forced to agree with you on that. They could just continue to favor what they have.

Besides, that really isn't the topic of the thread. I was just pointing out that the word choice in that article is really misconstruing anything if you read the word "arcane" as "complicated".

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I went to school for journalism, the problem is everyone wants it now! To truly give someone an unbiased fact filled story; you would have to dedicate time and resources to investigate said story, get sources and fact check. However, with “24 hour” news, that became impossible and it’s EXACTLY why CNN was created, the rest is history.

The internet is changing the media landscape drastically. For those stuck in front of the tv, then its CNN and the other filtered and twisted stories for them. Twitter and Facebook have been censoring hard, Parler is picking up some of the pieces.

There are a lot of other communications tools and websites doing bits. ATS has been working well for me in compiling parts of different puzzles, getting some feedback and lots of different links all over the internet. Digging into a story, finding the evidence and sorting out the facts from the fiction takes time. To get a big viewership takes time, a lot of good work and strong reputation.

Putting together good threads does take time and practice, as with anything, the more we do it, the better we get. Trying to get a well paying job in media these days is tough. A site like ATS can help put together a portfolio, there are others out there as well. Rebel Media is one to contact if you should happen to get arrested for your reporting.
edit on 21-11-2020 by kwakakev because: spelling

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I don't think everyone is simply believing everything they are told. Most of them simply don't care.

I do think it is weird that people that claim to have seen the light or call themselves woke or whatever often develop this superior complex calling everyone else blind, saying what the regulars think and how they feel and saying they believe everything. "I know these things about others as I do my own research and discuss this with like-minded"

What ever happend to the Socratic paradox? Is that denied just like ignorance?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join