It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-COVID-19 nasal spray 'ready for use in humans'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I am not sure if this has been reported.

Birmingham University has developed a nasal spray which helps protection against the Covid Virus.

Another tool added toward the fight against the virus.

A nasal spray that can provide effective protection against the COVID-19 virus has been developed by researchers at the University of Birmingham, using materials already cleared for use in humans

This means that the normal complex procedures to take a new product to market are greatly simplified, so the spray could be commercially available very quickly

www.birmingham.ac.uk...

Researchers say the spray protects against COVID-19 and can also prevent the virus being passed from person to person.

news.sky.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I aint taking no vaccine that was rushed through like that. Its probably full of nano particles to control my mind or make me think liberal thoughts.

Besides, whos to say this thing wont be like the Polio vaccine and give me AidS.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

that one is not vaccine. Just a nose spray.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Would love to see the 'ingredients'!
As a Clinical Aromatherapist myself and my students/therapists have been sending out nasal inhalers (like Vicks), I call them sniffy sticks, with a perfectly safe blend of Essential Oils to clients/public/NHS staff/front line workers etc.
It is a preventative in the first case. Second it helps with respiratory, muscular aces and pains, emotional distress etc.
The feed back we have been getting though which we didn't expect that it also helps with the anosmia....this is from people who have used the 'sniffy' after getting Covid.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Here's me sticking rubber ear-protectors up in there....

Actually though, did find out that our proboscussy appendage perhaps uses quantum mechanics to measure/track smells. With such a sensitive instrument plumbed and straddling our hemispheres I'd be a tad hesitant to squirt this up into there considering we don't really quite know the half of whats going on up in there (apart from fingers etc...)

(Jump to about 6:45)
edit on 20-11-2020 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   

a reply to: angelchemuel

I call them sniffy sticks

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

You are absolutely correct as to how our olfactory system works. It is also the only place on our body where our nervous system is exposed to external 'influences'. Hence the reason I have maintained for a while that this Covid has a direct effect on our nervous system which you could liken to our electric circuit to send signals to other organs of our body. Hence the reason when that get's 'disrupted' other organs don't get the correct signal, so people get all sorts of different symptoms depending on their nervous system. Put that alongside our immune system......and your body starts failing in particular if you have underlying health conditions.
The body is a wonderful machine which is way beyond any computers abilities. Think of your body as a car if that helps

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Let everyone in power try it 1st thanks

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Did you read the links? There's just 2 main ingredients in there and are already passed as fit for human consumption...one is even in your food.
I'd far sooner give this a go than have a vaccine like I'm sure you don't want either

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
page is 404 LOL well so many opption so many just 404

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

The Sky one does.
Strange the University one has disappeared as many of my friends on Facebook are saying the same ,
Or you could try this one...
Nasal spray

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

What do your sniffy sticks prevent, and how?

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
when

a reply to: midnightstar
When you get to the page you can hit the search & put in covid 19 nasal spray &
the paper will come up.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: lacrimoniousfinale

It's all in the chemistry of each of the oils. So an overall view is as follows.
Helps prevent viruses/microbes/bacteria attaching to ACE2 receptors by breaking down the protein 'shell'.
Helps expand the lungs for easier respiration.
Helps remove mucous from the lungs and body generally.
Alleviates (analgesic) pain including muscular and headaches.
Helps cell/tissue regeneration.
Alleviates insomnia and lethargy.
Helps reduce anxiety and fears...there's a few more, but that's good for starters

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
That's great, thanks.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Carrangenan is found in food, as a thickener and emulsifier. It is highly biologically active against bacteria and fungus, and probably would not be allowed to be used if it was classified as a preservative. Gellan is created from a bacteria found in swamps I think. Of course, they do not drain the swamp to get it, that is the job of government.

I don't care for the taste of food with carrageenan, but I have known for a long time how it is antimicrobial. If you eat a lot of yogurt or other dairy products in it, it can cause a depletion of microbes in your gut. I did not realize it had anti-viral activity till about six months ago. I would rather use the other natural chemistries in this link to fight this virus, but know that carragenan can actually help. Without listing it, they can put up to two percent carageenan into foods, two to five percent requires listing. But many companies list it as an ingredient below two percent, just because they do not want to deceive people. It has a bland flavor, we do not like it in sour cream, it has replaced guar gum in some things and extended shelf life of milk products. It is metabolized to four major chemicals, one being aspartame, and another a MSG derivitive. The other metabolite can make gout worse if I remember right. It is highly processed seaweed, and it is supposedly an attractant to some people, to us it is a deterrent.

I do not feel that this nasal spray will be much of a problem, although there will be people who are intolerant to it. If C-diff is living symbiotically in your nose, it may piss it off and it will come out and chew on your skin and make your face all red.

Here is the link to flavanoids, many of those listed are active for the virus that causes covid 19
journals.sagepub.com...

I personally would rather use a little chaga powder on top of my coffee grounds or eat grapefruit or onions or of course, just eat parmeasean noodles with lots of parsley in the mix. Parsley chicken is good too, the apigenin in parsley and celery is very bioactive against viruses too, but that chemistry is not included in this chart. Fisitin is found in some berries. Blueberries have special chemistry that blocks this virus activity, so do kiwi fruits. But, of course, some people cannot eat those foods, many people are alergic to pineapple enzymes too.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I dont care what it is. It aint going up my nose. I take my vitamin C drinks in the morning. a reply to: dollukka

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Typical going outside checklist for 2022

-mask
-hand sanitizer
-gloves
-hand sanitizer on gloves
-spray up the nose
-at home covid test linked directly to your mandatory contact tracing app

Got all those?

Good, now make sure you call up your local police office and inform them your leaving the house, how long you're planning on going, where you.re going and pray to god you don't need to make any other stops.

Then sit back and wait for approval to leave.

Oh man I can't wait for the future. It's gonna be so awesome.
edit on 20/11/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join