It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security Camera Question ~ Suspected Elder Abuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Thanks for reading and thanks ahead of time for your help.

So the "why" is clear in the title, but what I'm looking for is a camera system that continually records to the cloud and starts over when it's full.

I don't need motion detection but rather the off-site ability to review, say, the last day or two. When I say "off-site" the camera will actually be in my home---but taking out and reading an internal card isn't the option I'm looking for.

"Live view" would of course be helpful but not at the cost of continual recording. Wide-angle one-room coverage would probably tell me what I need to know but the food & medicine prep area--which is just off the care-taking room--would give me total peace of mind.

Can't do anything super expensive, but I'm not broke either. Doesn't necessarily have to be "hidden" but I'd rather catch what was going on than just having the suspect watching their p's & q's because they know there's a camera.

I hope I'm wrong but suspect I'm not. The elder I'm worried about is very precious in general and extremely precious to me.

Again: Thank you!

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

You cannot record nurses etc without their consent ( that is a at least required in my country) . I am sorry that you feel your loved one is in some sort of danger, maybe if you open up a little we could see whole picture.
edit on 19-11-2020 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I can't help you in what you have asked for, just wanted to wish you luck.

Been in similar situation before, and trust your gut!!

(pun not intended)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Is there a reason you don't trust the caregivers?

Is there a place you can put the elder that would make you feel more comfortable?

Caring for an elderly love one is extremely challenging, I know because I am caring for my Mother, because I have no place I trust to care for my Mom.

I hope you find a satisfactory resolution.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Theres tons of little cameras for just that purpose... i've had a few people that use them for their family

www.amazon.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Firstly. If you suspect then report to the local authorities. They have the means for surveillance. Completely legal

I don't know your predicaments, but my elderly neighbor whom has passed away was receiving home care from an accredited nursing program. I suspected something when these home healthcare providers started showing up after 11pm with either a spouse or friend. Would enter from the back by coded garage. I notified the family of these late night visits, they were as confused as I was.

Long story short, they bought a nanny cam (teddy bear with a camera and a light fixture with a camera). Physically she was not abused, but the cameras picked up other activities like items being stolen while she was asleep in bed. ( people were arrested and are still serving time. The items were pawned) not returned. Shame.

I'm usually outside late at night sky watching so it's easy for me to observe things out of the ordinary. I'm not a nebby sh!t, but i pay attention. Start with reporting to law enforcement or attentive neighbors.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

"Cop cam"..$30...goes to chip...motion sensor...got 2...tiny digital ..use anywhere

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Aw, I’m sorry you’re going through this, GUT! 😰 I agree with another member- trust your gut feelings. Hopefully you’re wrong but better to be wrong and find that out, than not wrong and it keeps happening.

Keep us updated, please! Prayers for you and your loved one. 🙏🏻

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

See GUT.
this is coming from somebody thats required by law to report these things. You're this person's advocate. May not upload 24/7, but get Leo's involved. Ask the family unless it's the family doing bad things. I know law enforcement has a bad rep right now, but there are more good people than bad.

Speak for those who can not.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Damn, don't mess about. Take this to the police or other authorities ASAP.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Gotcha on the better safe than sorry.
I do part time Carer work and we are on camera 24/7 which is no problem. Personally I'd rather have a recording in case something health wise occurs. Which it has and thankfully instead of trying to explain to a Doctor the family had the recording for him to watch.
Tele-Doc appointments are a PITA but images are priceless in diagnosing.

I think this is what's used. It's nice because they have an iPad we can carry around so if we have some chores to do we can keep tab's on our clients when we have to leave the room.

www.walmart.com... 08268585?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=101028819&&adid=22222222227093619714&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=219769664149&wl4=pla-357449894158&wl5=9005849&wl6 =&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=266470522&wl11=online&wl12=908268585&veh=sem&gclid=CjwKCAiAzNj9BRBDEiwAPsL0dxHem6cEIrXFOT4C5tqH2R55b1lHaqkHtWS10O1xt8DbVpPve8 VUaRoCOYsQAvD_BwE

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

You cannot record nurses etc without their consent ( that is a at least required in my country) . I am sorry that you feel your loved one is in some sort of danger, maybe if you open up a little we could see whole picture.

Approximately 1 in 10 Americans aged 60+ have experienced some form of elder abuse. Some estimates range as high as 5 million elders who are abused each year. One study estimated that only 1 in 14 cases of abuse are reported to authorities.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

Very strange if the First Lady can be secretly recorded and that released without permission and we can't watch caregivers?

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Link to something that may work.

Check you PM in a few min.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Irresponsible of me legal wise. Sorry. Just providing info on these tiny cams...not further.

Report all abuse. I have to as well. Thank you Bigburgh.✌️

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Ask the family unless it's the family doing bad things.

This is why it's extremely complicated for me. It's one family member doing some fill-in when I can't be here. I can't make an accusation based on circumstantial instances.

Also, to be more clear, physical abuse--per se--isn't exactly what I have suspicions of. I prefer to leave it at that right now as far as what I share on the open boards but I do sincerely thank those of you who are concerned & trying to help.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I'd not go down the official route until you have evidence. So what if you get in trouble for recording without consent. Sometimes rules need to be broken.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 02:43 AM
link   

You should get medical dosette box where you fill medicines and locked medical cabinet where you keep medicines.
Few medicine cups with a lid where you write down a time when those should be taken, when you are away.

There are drug delivery robots too most likely where you live ( ask health personnel ) those give medicines in a small plastic bag in actual time of taking and alert any foul play.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Use google and find out why it is not legal.

new topics

top topics

join