It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Tier Justice - Armed Robber NFL Player Free and Clear But Mcclosckeys In Missouri Not So Much

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Y'understand how this @#$% works yet? Do you?

Former NFL player Deandre Baker, who had previously been released by a team for perpetrating a quote-unquote alleged armed robbery in Florida, has had all charges in the case dropped.

Link

Subsequently, within a short period of time, he was scoo ped up ironically, by Missouri's NFL franchise the Kansas City Chiefs. Yes, the same state where the McCloskey family is presently under indictment for brandishing weapons outside their St. Louis home in June 2020.

The Baker case has been well-publicized, both due to the bizarre notion of a multi-millionaire being stupid enough to put himself in such a precarious situation, as well as the rampant documented fraud committed by attorneys representing the defendants (Baker and another NFL player Quinton Dunbar) ~and~ the men who were robbed. The linchpin in the reversal of Baker's case is the arrest of the attorney representing the men robbed by Baker. This attorney had been engaging Baker's legal team over hush money, such that the men being robbed would recant their testimony and decline to press charges in exchange for a hefty sum of money (around $1 million).

Baker has now had all charges dropped, as the witnesses in the case (SHOCKED FACE!) have become uncooperative, and the victims of the robbery have had their credibility annihilated.

“Subsequently the alleged victims and the known witnesses have become uncooperative and their credibility is inalterably tarnished,” Assistant State’s Attorney Paul Valcore said in a statement.

What's that joke about a thousand lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

None of this changes the fact that the legal team for Baker's co-conspirator in the robbery, Quinton Dunbar (also an NFL player with the Seattle Seahawks) was caught initiating the idea of paying hush money to victims and witnesses to keep their mouths shut and avoid speaking to authorities over the incident.

This allegation is unrelated to the accused payoff that happened earlier in the case involving Dunbar’s first lawyer. Michael Grieco withdrew after a search warrant cited video footage, private social media messages and witness information that he bribed witnesses to change their stories. He denied the allegations.

If you had been following this case, the idea that this was fabricated is just one more dubious turn in a whacked out event.

Baker and Dunbar, two very wealthy (at least based on contractual commitments from their teams) and fairly well known (in the sports world) young men, were attending a back-yard BBQ at a private residence over Memorial Day weekend 2020 near Miramar Florida. The men were engaged in high-stakes gambling, with thousands of $$$ being exchanged. Apparently Baker had been registering a string of bad beats while gambling at various similar private parties over the weekend, and had become enraged. Witnesses described the suspicious manner in which Baker and Dunbar had parked their vehicle upon entering the party, as if they were planning to leave in haste. After Baker began incurring losses again, he flipped over a card table, pulled out a weapon, and began relieving guests of their cash, jewelry and valuables, after which time Baker, Dunbar and a third accomplice fled the scene.

The entire case has been marred by atrocious legal representation by both defendants and victims, but the sum total of the description of witnesses, positioning the "getaway cars", the type of firearm displayed, the precise dollar amounts of the valuables taken, do not paint a narrative a slapdash story that someone threw together to frame Dunbar and Baker.

Add on to that the disgusting, documented contact that the pair's attorneys were caught making with attendees of the party, witness tampering, payouts. Additionally, Baker's accomplice, Quinton Dunbar, had already been cleared earlier in the case due to "insufficient evidence", but .... has been eerily quiet on the matter. Where is his outcry and pleading on behalf of his friend Baker, that the incident was fabricated, that this is all made-up? Baker understandably would be quiet in the midst of legal proceedings, but Dunbar is already free and clear? Why isn't he shouting that he and Baker are innocent?

These two men reek of guilt, but due to unfortunate lack of honest lawyers, the classic "uncooperative witness" (don't snitch) stance, this case is dying on the vine.

As for the McCloskey's? This story has been beaten to death on ATS; no need to review the case's details. They were documented brandishing weapons outside their home over the summer, in the midst of the wave of riots and looting that had broken out over the George Floyd case, after a mob had assembled within the boundaries of their HOA community in preparation for "protesting" the private residence (?!?) of a politician that also lived in the HOA community.

So if you're keeping score at home....

* Brandishing weapons to commit armed robbery and settle gambling problems at a BBQ among a collection of former felons and gangsters
[X] OK!

* Brandishing weapons to ward off rioters and looters congregating outside your home
[X] NOT OK

I'm not sure if the McCloskey's are back working again or are still embroiled full time in their legal proceedings. Deandre Baker, meanwhile, is back on the job in the NFL, although we're unsure at this point if the National Felon League will step in and mete out any suspensions.

Just another sidebar story from upside down clown world 2020.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
In the McCloskey's case, I do believe that they are just awaiting court proceedings as in Saint Louis city they are being pursued by a way over the top insane PA. Once that is done it has already been said that they will be pardoned by the governor of Missouri.

In their case, it is also hopeful that the investigation into the PA of Saint Louis city will bear fruit and that she herself will end up facing criminal charges at the state level. I suppose what has to happen in that regard is to have a state attorney who isn't afraid of the big bad BLM legal funds that it seems nearly all larger corporations in the United States were foolish enough to "donate" to earlier this year.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It's pretty laughable to be honest. I mean, everyone think that "charges dropped" mean he didn't do anything but in fact the only reason he got off is because of shady, greedy tards. They should have figured it out way before it go to this point.

Baker is dumb and a #ing criminal but it is what it is.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
im objective.
and im a redskins fan.

but anytime you have drunk idiots at a house party?

im thinking he and his boys, get wasted, take out guns, say give me money.

people in the party give him money, call the cops.

but if its him and a group of extended friends, and this idiot has guns?

who knows. im just saying, i have seen friends go for guns. i have had friends take swings at me at parties. i do not drink, im sober, so i learned early on, take that with a grain of salt. one guy tried to punch me, 3 minutes later he did not remember it he was so wasted.

BUT the couple defending their homes? screw that, those guys were in danger.

but when b-lm attack, its a peaceful protest.
its racist to not adore b-lm.
shame on you, john legend is sad you do not love b-lm.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This OP really pissed me off.

The McKloskeys are rich as well. They are scumbag lawyers in fact.

Its the tens, nay, hundreds of thousands of poor peeps in County lockup for months awaiting a court date you should have compared the NFL dude to if you wanted to be legit in your analysis of the legal system.

And is the NFL guy guilty? You got the evidence? You were on the jury or defense team?

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Do you honestly think these guys are innocent?!

THEIR LAWYERS ATTEMPTED TO CONTACT AND PAY OFF THE WITNESSES/VICTIMS AT THE PARTY.

I mean .... ????

They offered no alibis, no competing narrative, no denial of being at the party, NOTHING, and Dunbar has been SILENT, has made no attempt to defend his buddy, has not spoken up loudly to clear their names. There were large amounts of evidence, testimony, text messages, but ultimately this case was overturned on technicalities (dirt bag legal representation) and refusal of the witnesses/victims to cooperate.

Yes, the McCloskeys are wealthy attorneys too, but can you honestly compare their actions to those of Dunbar/Baker? They are under the microscope because of who the district attorney is that is handling their case, and who they are.

And I agree there are lots of other cases of folks less affluent, with less worldly wealth, that have been sent away for decades with more flimsy evidence than either case, but that is not the point of this thread. It is calling out the inequality of pursuit of criminal prosecution between different segments of society.

When I have time I will augment this thread with the travesty of justice that is the handling of the sexual predator Jacob Blake, and how he is getting off verrrrry softly for the things he was involved in.

Starting to see a pattern here??

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

I agree with you in principle, money does not buy freedom anymore, your political party combined with your popularity, buys you freedom. If this was Drew Brees, I think he was the one who came out against defund the police, and for the flag and got hammered for it, this case would not go away so easily. That's one point of contention.

Another if I may.

Obviously defunding the police is absolutely idiotic. However, bad cops combined with bad DAs are a recipe for disaster. Such as the couple defending their property, the DA prosecuting them is more of an activist than anything, one whom does not even believe one should be able to hold private ownership of any property. These are Soros' DAs, and pose much more of a threat than a cop, in 99 percent of circumstances.

As someone whom has been through the "system" in my younger years, I know first hand how a rogue police officer can make life hell. But their powers are limited once the court system gets involved, judges and DAs wield much more powerful tools of destruction (depending on who you are or who you know)

Funny story, I was locked up in DC area one time, sitting in gen pop, and this guy goes to bragging how he's getting out in a few hours. Out of curiosity we asked for details. He proceeded to tell us that jay-z was coming to bail him out. I was obviously sceptical, but a couple of guys really believed him. So I obliged him, asked him how he knew Sean Carter? He said he "Did some work for him up in Marcy, slinging dope moving heat from job to job" so I'm like, word!? He was like "yeah man, he still run the streets in Brooklyn, if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be in the situation right now." so like alright I'm going back to my cell for some sleep. Wake up about an hour later, walk out, the people are watching days of our lives, and yes they love that snip in there, and I look around and dude is gone, he really got bail. I was cool with one of the COs, so I walk up to the desk, close enough to hear him but still behind the line, and ask him what happened to Nuke? "oh he got bail" oh well, that's cool. "Hey by any chance did Jay z bail him out?" laughter ensues, I told him the story, and then since I didn't know much about Nuke, I asked why he was there to begin with? "he broke into his ex girlfriends house, stole all her panties, and stuck his d*ck in the vacuum cleaner...." Now I didn't ask how they knew he had sodomized the vacuum, but the morale of my story is that people lie, they make up stupid unbelievable stories, and you'll almost never get the truth if you go directly to the source.

There could be more to this story than meets the eye, I'm always open to possibility that Jay bailed that guy out, I'm also open to the idea that I and everyone else could be wrong. I'm rambling.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 04:56 AM
link   
First of all, the cases you present are not even similar. There are wildly different charges, and they are in different states, with different laws, etc. So what exactly are these two tiers?

Is this some racial thing? Is it supposed to be a gun owner thing? Or is it a conservative vs. lefty thing? I dont get it.

Both could afford representation.

If you want to discuss the real two tiers, then maybe discuss those who can afford the law and those who cannot. Otherwise this comparison makes zero sense as far as presenting some kind of two tier system.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

You're getting closer to the heart of the matter. The two tiers I'm referencing are more around the actions of DAs and prosecutors, and inconsistent pursuit of levying charges and following through on criminal prosecution.

I completely agree that in the past the "two tiers" of the justice system were skewed based on financial circumstances, but IMO we are beginning to see this drift towards distortion of the justice system based on social circumstances.

What exactly are these "social circumstances"? As far as what profiles fit the pattern, it is a bit amorphous, but I would posit that we're starting to see a shift towards differing mindsets and attitudes of prosecutors based on political affiliation, race and even relation of criminal activity within the context of resisting arrest, i.e. alleged "police misconduct".

Take for example, the Jacob Blake case. We all know about the incident, what we saw on camera, and the aftermath in the Kenosha riots. After all of the hysteria has subsided, Jacob Blake had /still/ been involved in a criminal complaint for alleged sexual assault, not to mention his hand to hand combat with police, and threatening them with a knife. Shockingly, several weeks ago, all of the myriad criminal charges facing Jacob Blake were reduced down to disorderly conduct! (!!) as part of plea arrangement with Kenosha prosecutors.

Once again, despite a preponderance of evidence that Blake HAD indeed assaulted his domestic partner, including 911 calls, marks/bruises on the victim, witness remarks, the sexual assault charges were reportedly withdrawn because the victim had (here we go again) become uncooperative with authorities, and had ignored subpoenas to testify on the sexual assault allegations. We can go down an entirely different path about why it seems that certain groups in society seem to vigorously avoid helping authorities investigate and follow up on criminal activity (again don't snitch), but that's a different matter entirely.

So even AFTER having insufficient aid from the victim and witnesses to follow through on prosecuting Blake on assault, we then move to the fact that there is clear video evidence of Blake resisting arrest, fighting back against the police. This wasn't simply shoving & resisting restraint either

DCI said that Kenosha Police Officers Rusten Sheskey, Vincent Arenas, and Brittany Meronek responded to the home in the 2800-block of 40th Street and attempted to take Blake into custody.

Matthews said Blake resisted arrest and officers went “hands-on” with the wanted man, the Kenosha News reported.

The union attorney said Blake “forcefully fought” with officers, including putting one of them in a headlock.

There is also the tiny matter of pulling out a knife during the melee.

Even more disturbing, this was not Blake's first incident of violently resisting arrest

Wiedenfeld also said Blake had fought police in 2015 when he was caught drunk with a gun he had been accused of pulling out in a bar, the Kenosha News reported.

“He actively resisted officers taking him into custody,” Wiedenfeld said. “An officer was injured during that scuffle with him as well.”

So I ask, WTF is going on here?? Why are the charges for this most recent case in 2020, after a history of violent interaction with police and alleged assault of his domestic partner, being dropped down to disorderly conduct?? No assault, no battery?! No menacing charge for pulling out a knife?? All of these actions are indisputable, and were recorded on video.

Blake is, as far as I'm aware, not a wealthy man. I am unsure if he retained a lawyer on his own or used a public defender, but if he paid for his own legal team, it wasn't a Johhny Cochran level, high-octane defense lawyer.

So I'll put the question to you: why is Blake skating by based on his abhorrent behavior on August 23rd. Is it because of his race? Is it the fact that he was assaulting cops, and would the plea deal have been more strict without the media and social implications? I don't have the answer but this smells ROTTEN to me. How do you describe the disconnect here?

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
long read and I stopped so forgive me .
From what I did read a rich guy robbed someone then payed them a million bucks to drop the charges .
well sound like real justice alest for that part that i did read .

heck come steal My car then give me a million bucks ill leave the key in and have it running .

i always have said the person who commits' a crime should pay restution as punishment's jailing them is pointless as making them pay helps the victims and makes it to expensive to do the crime .

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
as for weapons he did not walk up asking politely please give me your money .
A million bucks for being ( scared ??? ) had someone try to rob me once wasn't scared sure wish it had been this guy would have let him .

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'm going strictly off your OP...otherwise we could be discussing case law for years. Missouri law aint Florida law unless its a felony.

Your OP is why we have jury's and such, otherwise you would have us all in prison.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened
Y'understand how this @#$% works yet? Do you?

Former NFL player Deandre Baker, who had previously been released by a team for perpetrating a quote-unquote alleged armed robbery in Florida, has had all charges in the case dropped.

Link

Subsequently, within a short period of time, he was scoo ped up ironically, by Missouri's NFL franchise the Kansas City Chiefs. Yes, the same state where the McCloskey family is presently under indictment for brandishing weapons outside their St. Louis home in June 2020.

The Baker case has been well-publicized, both due to the bizarre notion of a multi-millionaire being stupid enough to put himself in such a precarious situation, as well as the rampant documented fraud committed by attorneys representing the defendants (Baker and another NFL player Quinton Dunbar) ~and~ the men who were robbed. The linchpin in the reversal of Baker's case is the arrest of the attorney representing the men robbed by Baker. This attorney had been engaging Baker's legal team over hush money, such that the men being robbed would recant their testimony and decline to press charges in exchange for a hefty sum of money (around $1 million).

Baker has now had all charges dropped, as the witnesses in the case (SHOCKED FACE!) have become uncooperative, and the victims of the robbery have had their credibility annihilated.

“Subsequently the alleged victims and the known witnesses have become uncooperative and their credibility is inalterably tarnished,” Assistant State’s Attorney Paul Valcore said in a statement.

What's that joke about a thousand lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

None of this changes the fact that the legal team for Baker's co-conspirator in the robbery, Quinton Dunbar (also an NFL player with the Seattle Seahawks) was caught initiating the idea of paying hush money to victims and witnesses to keep their mouths shut and avoid speaking to authorities over the incident.

This allegation is unrelated to the accused payoff that happened earlier in the case involving Dunbar’s first lawyer. Michael Grieco withdrew after a search warrant cited video footage, private social media messages and witness information that he bribed witnesses to change their stories. He denied the allegations.

If you had been following this case, the idea that this was fabricated is just one more dubious turn in a whacked out event.

Baker and Dunbar, two very wealthy (at least based on contractual commitments from their teams) and fairly well known (in the sports world) young men, were attending a back-yard BBQ at a private residence over Memorial Day weekend 2020 near Miramar Florida. The men were engaged in high-stakes gambling, with thousands of $$$ being exchanged. Apparently Baker had been registering a string of bad beats while gambling at various similar private parties over the weekend, and had become enraged. Witnesses described the suspicious manner in which Baker and Dunbar had parked their vehicle upon entering the party, as if they were planning to leave in haste. After Baker began incurring losses again, he flipped over a card table, pulled out a weapon, and began relieving guests of their cash, jewelry and valuables, after which time Baker, Dunbar and a third accomplice fled the scene.

The entire case has been marred by atrocious legal representation by both defendants and victims, but the sum total of the description of witnesses, positioning the "getaway cars", the type of firearm displayed, the precise dollar amounts of the valuables taken, do not paint a narrative a slapdash story that someone threw together to frame Dunbar and Baker.

Add on to that the disgusting, documented contact that the pair's attorneys were caught making with attendees of the party, witness tampering, payouts. Additionally, Baker's accomplice, Quinton Dunbar, had already been cleared earlier in the case due to "insufficient evidence", but .... has been eerily quiet on the matter. Where is his outcry and pleading on behalf of his friend Baker, that the incident was fabricated, that this is all made-up? Baker understandably would be quiet in the midst of legal proceedings, but Dunbar is already free and clear? Why isn't he shouting that he and Baker are innocent?

These two men reek of guilt, but due to unfortunate lack of honest lawyers, the classic "uncooperative witness" (don't snitch) stance, this case is dying on the vine.

As for the McCloskey's? This story has been beaten to death on ATS; no need to review the case's details. They were documented brandishing weapons outside their home over the summer, in the midst of the wave of riots and looting that had broken out over the George Floyd case, after a mob had assembled within the boundaries of their HOA community in preparation for "protesting" the private residence (?!?) of a politician that also lived in the HOA community.

So if you're keeping score at home....

* Brandishing weapons to commit armed robbery and settle gambling problems at a BBQ among a collection of former felons and gangsters
[X] OK!

* Brandishing weapons to ward off rioters and looters congregating outside your home
[X] NOT OK

I'm not sure if the McCloskey's are back working again or are still embroiled full time in their legal proceedings. Deandre Baker, meanwhile, is back on the job in the NFL, although we're unsure at this point if the National Felon League will step in and mete out any suspensions.

Just another sidebar story from upside down clown world 2020.

He didn't do anything.

Or

He dindu nuffin.

There is a difference.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I'm going strictly off your OP...otherwise we could be discussing case law for years. Missouri law aint Florida law unless its a felony.

Your OP is why we have jury's and such, otherwise you would have us all in prison.

The point of this thread is a broader analysis of how DAs and prosecutors are pursuing cases nation-wide. I mean, I can keep going, and start pulling up other examples from the NFL as well.

For example, I recently learned about an incident where former NFL player Darren McFadden was in a drug/liquor induced stupor, out of his mind, passed out in a running car at a fast food restaurant. The cops had to break the windows of the vehicle to wake him up. He fought them relentlessly, not understanding WTF was going on. This guy is a pretty large human being (my size, about 6'1" 220lbs) and a pro-athlete to boot. Of course, no reports on MSM news, and after fisticuffs with the police, his charges were dropped to DUI (no resisting arrest, no assault).

I don't have time to enumerate the madness that has been occurring throughout 2020 in Portland, where rioters engaged in violent acts of destruction and resisting arrest, yet.... many are out on the street hours later. This has been a nationwide phenomenon with BLM/Antifa for the entirety of 2020. Evaluating the prosecutorial madness in those situations is an exercise left to the reader. We have major political and social figures POSTING BAIL for BLM agitators; this has been well documented for some time now.

I'm not sure what you're referring to about the jury comment. In no way do I advocate discarding due legal process or getting rid of the right to a fair trial. My issue is that many of these cases aren't even GETTING to trial, because the prosecutors/DAs are letting defendants off the hook, or offering completely atrocious plea deals

But yet, no plea deals, no prosecutorial leniency for the McCloskeys. Seems like the prosecutor there is aiming to follow through and nail them to the wall.

new topics

top topics

join