It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Biden means for North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
So, one of the few things I actually applaud Trump for was his work towards peace on the Korean peninsula. While it may have ultimately stalled, there was some ground breaking work done and some small steps towards peace between the two nations.

Well, Biden's not having any of that nope.

Biden's taking things back to the joint military exercises, sanctions and war mongering.

Things may have stalled recently in the peace talks, but it was a small glimmer of hope that had started. Biden's decided he's not having any of that and he's going to push hard against North Korea setting things back to where they were 5-10 years ago.

America's once again going to aggressively assert their might on other places in the world, waste money on pointless shows of force and go back to saber rattling with North Korea.

Sorry for the cnn link, I figured there's a bunch of people here who may actually pay attention to this if it came from their most beloved and trusted news agency.

www.cnn.com...

North Korea has still not reacted to the United States' presidential election. Its silence speaks volumes.

According to analysts, it's highly unlikely that President-elect Joe Biden would have been North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's preferred candidate.

President Donald Trump has been unique among American leaders for his willingness to personally engage with Kim, providing him with a sense of legitimacy on the world stage, even though those efforts have since stalled

Biden, on the other hand, has been brutal in his criticism of Trump's engagement with Kim, which according to the president-elect weakened US sanctions.

Biden called Kim a "thug" during the last presidential debate and has been highly critical of North Korea throughout the entirety of this year's presidential campaign.

Biden knows the challenges likely posed by North Korea. Pyongyang conducted both a nuclear and a long-range missile test in the opening months of Obama's presidency, under which Biden served as vice president.

However, he is not necessarily expected to revert back to the Obama-era policy of "strategic patience" of waiting for Pyongyang to come to the negotiating table while keeping sanctions in place.

A response will most likely include the immediate resumption of large-scale US-South Korea military exercises, new military deployments to Korea and the surrounding area and a major effort to impose new sanctions and strengthen existing measures, said Revere. "As well as to take new steps designed to isolate, weaken and pressure the North Korean regime," he added

Man, you guys that voted for Biden, lockdowns, foreign wars, an overblown covid council led by a guy who believes people should die after 75. Is this all really what you wanted?

edit on 18/11/2020 by dug88 because: Quibbles over semantics in the original CNN title.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I'd imagine Kim Jung missile tests will start flying over the sea of Japan about January 23nd or so.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Hardly anyone actually voted for Biden so don't worry. All the votes for Biden minus about 67 percent are more accurate.

January will still be Trump for another four years. Big judgement for lawless actors is coming real soon in a biblical way.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
They despise Biden. We're talking HATE.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Biden is not President-elect.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I quoted the title given in the article as per ATS rules...I think that's a rule isn't it? I dunno. I would have rathered used any the other links I found on the story. I picked the CNN one just to stop anyone babbling about using a biased, right wing source or something. Actually, I was also surprised by the blunt honesty of much of the CNN article, it's a surprising exception to their usual quality.

The title was their title. I did the best I could. I could always edit to remove the president elect part.
edit on 18/11/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I like that guy, Ezekiel Emanuel, the chair of the Department of Medical Ethics and Health Policy at the University of Pennsylvania. If you are over sixty five, you know you can go any day. I would rather die from a heart attack in my sleep than be living all doped up in a nursing home. I know lots of people who got old and had to go to nursing homes, I would personally like to go deer hunting without a compass myself in an area where I won't be found till spring if I get bad. I will have to take toilet paper though, There aren't leaves on the trees during deerhunting, except for pine trees. No cell phone so they can find me either. My life will not be wasted, I am sure the crows and vultures will have a feast for my wake.

Just think how much the kids will save on the funeral....Oh wait, no body...no life insurance....might have to rethink this, they should not have to wait for seven years to get the hundred grand from my life insurance. Rats, guess feeding the crows is off the table.

edit on 18-11-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Ummmm??

Ok?

Yes...?

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Being that Biden is a close ally of Communist China I suspect removal of troops in South Korea and escalating tensions in the the south china sea while Biden will ignore Chinese aggression. In addition, tensions will flare up in Palestine, Egypt, Libya and Syria. Turkey will again start attacking and Iran will assist Iraq in liberating the Kerds out of existance.

Biden will not do much on most of these fronts as his military generals and contractors will instruct him on what needs to be done.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
They despise Biden. We're talking HATE.

I mean, to be fair... Who wouldn't?

He's been in US politics for what, 50 years? Around the time the US government has been playing God world wide...

He wants more war, more drone strikes, more control and more communism.

No country wins of America goes full commie.
Cold war 2.0, but with global surveillance already in place....

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Biden is not President-elect.

i am half way across the continent of Australia and i know this to be a fact
alas most of the drop kicks i know believe the media bull# and think he is
when they were handing out brains
basement joe thought they said trains
and he missed the last one

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Is this a joke thread? Hopefully he won't follow in Trumps footsteps and praise KJ-u up and down, arrogantly celebrate another total non-win, believe KJ-u's lies, and then look the other way when KJ-u bails on his weak promises. Super 4d chess right there.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Did you love little rocket man with beautiful letters breifly?

Good times.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
UMM TRUMP USED sanctions so what the heck are you talking about Biden for .
TRUMP also Used Blockade's .
and NK did as they have always Done said we will stop and kept building more weapons .

Old Kim Played Trump good as the US looked away and he was FREE to do massive BUILD ups Including even Bigger missels .

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It means there can never be a Biden-Kim summit.

Just for the danger of Joe trying to sniff Kim’s sister’s hair and lighting off WWIII....

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

you need a spot for the insurance - www.findmespot.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Kim's sister ? LOl well now Kim's sister is over 18 and hot go become a Munk lol.

new topics

top topics

join