It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
So next July I will have been married to the most wonderful person I have ever known as well as my best pal. Such as that is, I was going to blow a # tonne of money on a European vacation with her.

Now, I see no reason for that because I would hate to be quaranteened or whatnot.

So we picked the south of the USA to be the least likely place to be affected in July of 2021.

So, do any ATS peeps have any advice for New Orleans, Biloxi, and Mobile? Sure, NO is easy, but the other two sites are a bit more difficult. Also, we are good with having drinks with advisors for a evening, no big, I love the south myself, but she is more of a city kid.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

New Orleans is a ghost town. Thugs everywhere and no restaurants open.

How do you social distance in such a small space?

I’ve had several friends go. They said avoid it like the plague.

K. Paul is gone forever due to the scamdemic.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Well hell, maybe we skip NO. We have quite a few months to make that reality, but wow.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

K-Paul's was amazing. That is so depressing it closed. Also depressing when he died a few years back. I used to go to nola a lot because my gf dad lives in Houma. But havent gone anywhere like everyone else for ever. Lame.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

So biloxi is pretty cool, Jefferson Davis mansion is around there. That said, I have traveled to around 34 states now. There is stuff to see all over. If you are interested in North East, You got niagara falls, Watkins Glen, Letchworth park, finger lakes and the wine country. all are pretty cool in the summer and fall when the leaves are changing. There is the Smokey mountains national park, mammoth caves, the parthenon at Bicentenial park, along with noahs ark. Then you got Vegas, Death valley, the giant sequioa's, or go the other way, vegas, hoover dam, Grand Canyon, Zion National park. horseshoe bend. Outter Banks NC is good in the spring and fall, Mrtle Beach in the spring and fall. Then there is Maine and the crab, lobster, and whale watching, or WV has some stuff too. I try to look for stuff out doors that I can drive too. Texas has some really awesome stuff too, It all depends on what you are interested in really. Columbus Zoo is the best in the world.

Camain

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
If you are gonna be that close in July find you somewhere on the beach, can't go wrong on the beach, and drive into where ever. Some nice places on the gulf and you could turn New Orleans or Biloxi into a day trip or a day and a night.

Not to mention lots of places probably have great deals since business is way off.
edit on 17-11-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   
What about Key west , Florida .... carribean colored oceans ,, beautiful sunsets , fishing , diving , street performers , historical sites , and the small city of key west is a mini New Orleans with music ,bars and restaurants .. . .or .... Nashville , Tenn ? That’s becoming quite the popular place . Tons of music and celebrities ! ...

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
So, do any ATS peeps have any advice for New Orleans...

New Orleans: Cochon for great small plates in a casual setting, Bourbon O Bar for great drinks and jazz, August for fine dining, Willy Mae's Scotch House for fried chicken.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   

If you go to Biloxi check out ship island. Beautiful beach there and an old civil war fort to explore.

If you go to New Orleans keep your wallet in your front pocket and nail down anything you don’t want stolen

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Congrats on 20 years!

Do you know how you know if you've done it right? It doesn't seem like 20 years.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Hubby is working in NO right now. I would avoid it. He says it's one of the dirtiest towns he has ever seen. Since we have Detroit, that is saying something.

I agree with the other posters saying find somewhere with a beach. The Carolina's are really nice.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Thanks for all the kind words and advice. I think I might have to rethink NO, which is sad, that was on her list more than mine. I have been there - although it was quite some time ago. Maybe there are other towns to check out in Louisiana..

top topics

join