It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My prediction: Suicide rates to climb following the TV series “The Stand”

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to:
Benderisfunny
I've read or listened to most of his work. IT and the Stand are my least favorite. I tend to notice the journey is usually good but the ending 90% of the time is dumb.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I just finished my second dance with The Dark Tower series. I was better the second time around. I have attempted other stuff by King, but I couldn't do it. With the multiverse that touches on so many of his books, it has me wanting to explore more.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

so, you're a Breaker?

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
so, you're a Breaker?

You could say that.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

The Stand is a pretty good place to start, as I hadn't really read King stuff either before the Dark Tower series of books. Some of it I can get a chapter or two in and that's about it, some of it is kinda trudging through the slow parts to get to the meat, and some of it is really good. Insomnia is another that touches the Dark Tower series with the Crimson King, which I know isn't everyone's favorite, but I'm a huge fan.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick
I certainly want to read The Stand, just trying to decide when. I have a lot of reading time at my job, so I could be done with it soon.
Actually, I am going to look for a pdf version right now!

And I’ve started! This thread was what I needed to push me just enough to start.
edit on 18-11-2020 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The original "The Stand" was decent. As was Salems Lot. Creepshow was excellent!!

Haven't been able to watch Dark Tower...but doesn't look too promising...

Somebody needs to make a movie of my fav King novel ever:

The Talisman

This would be a great film adaptation. Granted, it'd probably like 6 hours long...but...

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I finally finished The Stand today.
Now I am ready for the miniseries reboot! Though, I imagined all the characters as they appeared in the 90's version- I was able to successfully remake Glen as Greg Kinnear in my mind's eye.

I actually thought the original rendition was pretty good, all things considered. I don't know if Flagg could ever be anyone other than Jamie Sheridan for me.

It was a journey and exhaustive, but I finally did it! It was fairly creepy at first, all the talk about governments telling people to remain at home and not gather in groups....lol, a little too close for comfort.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well I watched episode 1 spoilers below.....

If you can completely forget the book it has the potential to be a forgettable TV series.

Opens with a flash-forward to Boulder and where Lauder is on the burial committee and he gets sick removing bodies from the church

Heavy on Harold Lauder, and Frannie, they seem to be a lot closer in age than in the book. Lauder gets chased after spying on Frannie, Harold grabs the gun of a dead policeman, pretty sure neither happened in the book and seems out of place or forced on TV.

The flashing forward and back removes some of the suspense of the individual journeys.

Stu and his doctor actually get along totally altering that storyline. Stu being held for testing is underplayed.

Whoopi plays Abagail you know the 100-year-old great grandmother from Nebraska with grey cornrows

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
If Hollywood want's an original idea, they should do the Boogyman, Kings short story. I know they would totally screw it up though, like they did the lawnmower man.
But man, that boogyman story scared the crap out of me.

I can't remember the title of of the book, but it had a hand on it, with eyes on the fingers I believe. One of the best short stories book from King, ever, in my opinion.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join