It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone work in healthcare or a hospital? Are you seeing a Covid resurgence?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I have an idea: Lets do some citizen journalism -

Do you work in hospital?

Do you see a real resurgence in cases? ..Of people being hospitalized in bad shape?

I honestly don't believe this resurgence (that came out of nowhere) that justifies another lockdown. Especially the way they are reporting it, like in Chicago.. like its such a dire situation - "Nobody should be going outside.. Thankgiving has been cancelled.." Lol Give me a break.

Anybody work in a hospital in Chicago or care to do some snooping for us?

BTW the CDC has reported some numbers on the fatalities of Covid and they are very low for people under 70 yrs old - Less than 1 %.

Here are the CDC published numbers for fatality rates:
0.003 % for people aged 0-19 yrs
0.02 % 29-49yrs
0.5 % 50-69 yrs
5.4 % 70+ yrs

CDC Link to the chart in the video

Here Ron Paul talks about these numbers:

Attorney general says - "..other than slavery.. this is the greatest intrusion on civil liberties in American history" -

Quote is at 1 min 48 sec

edit on 15-11-2020 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

I have a friend who's been a frontline porter since the beginning. Their job, as has been since the beginning, continues to be boring and mostly uneventful.

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

Do you work in hospital?

Yes.

Do you see a real resurgence in cases? ..Of people being hospitalized in bad shape?

Yes.

BUT!. . . . . .

It's also flu season. People get sick, and sometimes they die.

That has been going on since man began.

*shrugs*

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Maybe you can ask around to some doctors about Covid.. I'm sure first thing they do is test for it.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Maybe you can ask around to some doctors about Covid.. I'm sure first thing they do is test for it.

Sure they do, I get the Covid numbers daily.

+31 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Here's something to keep in mind, if I fall tonight and break my hip, I go to hospital.

Once admitted, they will give me a Covid test.

If I test positive, then I'll be placed in isolation.

I may not be suffering from Covid, but I have now become a Covid positive patient.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
We have here in So Illinois. Big surge again. We are nearly at capacity in local ICUs . Id wager we will be at capacity in all hospitals in my particular area in a few weeks if it keeps going at the rate it is.

+23 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I am a doctor, and work in a hospital. Yes, we are seeing the number of COVID cases increase, BUT we also are not keeping patients on average in the hospital as long as we were a few months ago, because now we know better treatments.

Vitamin D, C, zinc, a zinc ionphore, and azithromycin go a long way, among other easy to administer treatments.

Our hospital has been full, then patients get discharged, and it gets full again, in kind of a cycle. Right now we are full again. More people are getting COVID-19, BUT They are not dying as much as they were a few months ago. For the number of patients now is much higher, but they are dying less. Why is that ? I do not know, but my theory is that hopefully we are maybe identifying the vulnerable patients earlier than before, and that we are also then taking better care of them now?

COVID is ripping through my town right now, but deaths are not up. I think it is going as well as could be expected at the moment. Fingers crossed!

In Illinois, where I live, we are predicted to reach so-called 'herd immunity' by the first or second week of December, and then this virus should burn out after that, slowly. We will see.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Strange.. CDC and WHO and reinfection rates show there is no "herd immunity" to be achieved.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Not in a hospital, but I have a pretty good idea about why the numbers are up in our county. As I posted before, all last week, literally hundreds of people where being tested a day, just at our little clinic. I found out they had gotten the quick test.
Cars where lined up out to the highway, all day, everyday.

Which got me thinking, about how many people have/had it, with no symptoms at all.

So that would drive the numbers up.
And make our governor super excited.
She got to lock us down again today.

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Covid is a nothing-burger. I wish everyone of us in the USA would catch it and get it over with. I try to, but no luck so far. Same with all the retail workers I know.

The insane Dr. Fauci said on CNN this morning that everyone will have to continue wearing masks, long after they've been vaccinated. That man is crazy and should be committed.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I don't work in a hospital.

But I live in NYC and as of about a month ago employers from a wide range of industries started requiring all employees have a Covid test every 2 weeks ( some of them require a weekly test. )

This has caused a tremendous influx at the walk in clinics such as Urgent Care and CityMD with lines that often extend around the block. So that's a huge increase in overall testing as well as putting people's health at risk by forcing them to wait hours outside in the 40 degree weather.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Here are the CDC published numbers for fatality rates:
0.003 % for people aged 0-19 yrs
0.02 % 29-49yrs
0.5 % 50-69 yrs
5.4 % 70+ yrs

I wonder if those percentages are updated to current rates, or are initial surge rates still part of the percentages?

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Wife works in the er, we live in a pretty heavily populated area. There where only a handful manily 2 spanish families when it was at it's worst. The last 2 months only 1 case. Most days she watches movies on her phone because most don't go the the er for fear of getting covid, so it's been slow to say the least. She knows it's a joke

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Are you reporting whats in the news or you are a doctor in a hospital?

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I think those numbers are for when it started up until Sept 10, 2020 as it says in the link.

Fatality numbers shouldn't change that much unless the virus has mutated, I would guess.

edit on 15-11-2020 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
My opinionated observations:

"Cases" do not mean people with COVID. They mean a test that was positive.
"Full Capacity" in ERs/Hospitals. If so, is that hospital operating at NORMAL capacity or is this the post-panic capacity where floors/wards are closed, staff furloughed and procedures cancelled?

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

My sister works the Covid unit in WV, she is posting all kinds of stuff about a resurgence, bad. Alot more people there, and she lost one person friday and one person yesterday. The reality is this has a 1% mortality rate, but with an infection rate of the common cold. As more people get sick, more people will die. Most will recover, some at a huge expense.

Camain

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Fatality numbers shouldn't change that much unless the virus has mutated, I would guess.

I was thinking the other way around. Fatalities are down 80%+ due to better practices taking care of people to keep them off ventilators which turned out to be about a 90% chance of dying if you are put on one.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Sure they do, I get the Covid numbers daily.

And..?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join