It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if you could have eternal life on earth? Would you dare?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
In Spirit, all life eternal lives in Harmony.

I firmly believe there was a time and place where an earthly realm and its inhabitants lived by these rules, and their lives were as long and good as each pleased.

The Secret is to feed of Spirit, which is eternal.

Food of the flesh make us heavy and age us. We have chosen this way of life long ago, and we have since forgotten the Spirit Realm.
And so we consume, and are consumed as we wither away prematurely.

Having forgotten the Great Secrets of Old, we have surrendered ourselves to this seemingly never-ending cycle of Life and Death we now understand so little of.

We could rebuild a world where we remember such things collectively.

If you could know such secret, if you could stop aging, but it would cost you everything, would you dare?

Man shall overcome Death in these days.
Here, or there, whatsoever we choose as One.

^_^

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86

No

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Absolutely not. I'm only 31 and I've had enough already haha.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Back when Kyle Hill was on B/S said it much better then I can and makes perfect sense.

Spending maybe 3 to 4 hundred years wouldn't be too bad before you start forgetting things.
edit on 13-11-2020 by TheGhoul because: silly little typos

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Too many questions,what about every one else?.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tayton

What Good is a Secret if you can't share it?

Imagine a world where everyone lives ~100 years on average, young and healthy, needing little to no sustenance beyond knowledge and an urge to create.

What a Sight to Behold!

One can Dream, no?

^_^

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

If you could know such secret, if you could stop aging, but it would cost you everything, would you dare?

I dont think i could do eternally. Even the universe has a thermodynamic heat death, but I wouldn't mind the lifespan of a Stargate franchise character. Which was hundreds of years to eternally.

And running through that list.

I'm not pure of spirit, so I couldn't ascend like the ancients did. I could at most lie and get stuck between earth and ascension like Anubis did.

The Ori are ancients with a totalitarian/fascist approach and that wouldn't work for me, but they do have Inara as their leader, so that's a plus...

A goa'uld is doable. But I don't really want to be a living head snake reptilian hybrid, and I don't think I'm Machiavellian enough for it. Plus, I don't want to pose as a false god so...

That leaves me with wraith. They are like vampires that need 'life force" (a soul?) Instead of blood, but the drawback there is your part of a hive mind not too dissimilar from The Borg. Culling and sucking life from my food supply through a slit in the hand seems without fulfillment. Hibernate and eat. I do that now.

On the other hand The Asgaard figured out how to upload/download their consciousness into cloned bodies, until their clones degenerated and the entire specious decided to kill themselves.

Maybe something like that with better cloned bodies to house my digitized consciousness.
edit on 13-11-2020 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Immortality is a curse. Just like in an adventure or caper movie, what keeps things hopping -- what gives us "stakes" -- is knowing that there is a rapidly approaching deadline. Although in real life, there is no happy ending with death (other than perhaps an end to horrible pain and torture thanks to oblivion). But we try to ignore our inevitable deaths because it makes all of our actions and intentions complete folly.

Also, the longer you live, the more violent accidents become much more of a factor. You may be healthy and live a long normal life, but chances are after a while you'd be afraid to go out of your house for fear of getting randomly killed accidentally in a number of very bad ways.

In some ways, I am immortal. I have yet to die, even though there have been many times when I could have. And when I do eventually die, the entire universe goes with me, so I will have essentially lived until the end of the universe. That pretty much counts as immortality in my book.
edit on 13-11-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Id imagine it be like living like Lestat de Lioncourt, always having to change the fashion for the time, watching things change rapidly when you're used to x century.

Also outliving your descendants might suck if you like kids

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Human are not ment to live forever our brains have not evolved to handle that kind of thing .
Take a long look around at older people I am one btw 55 .
And defiantly would not want To exist forever living or in any ones versions of a stale sterile heaven would be hell .

No one really thinks what living for ever in spirit or flesh would acutely be like .

Some people say haven is paved in gold and it would be a blad of grass that people would want .

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
She’s not here, so no.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Well there are many problems with eternal life - for one thing, things become familiar, and things you once enjoyed, you don't enjoy as much anymore. Perhaps that can occur until there is not much to enjoy or marvel at.

Another thing, if everyone else died you would have to continually experience becoming attached or fond of people then having to watch them grow old and die and becoming separated from them.

You would eventually become this person that cannot relate with anyone because your experience spans eons and be alone in the world in that sense.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   
No, because earth isn't eternal. You would eventually be swallowed up by the sun before it goes bang and you get sucked into a black hole.

Who wants to live forever anyway. Sounds terrible.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

Star because - Powdered Toast Man !

top topics

join