It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me about the stigmatised property on you block

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Yep! It's been crazy with the market lately. A girlfriend recently listed her 1/2 of the duplex she owns (in a subdivision, not fancy, maybe 1200sqft) at $189,000, and it drew a bidding war. She sold after 3 days on the market at $275,000.

Crazy considering she bought at $105,000 just 10 years ago.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Yep! It's been crazy with the market lately. A girlfriend recently listed her 1/2 of the duplex she owns (in a subdivision, not fancy, maybe 1200sqft) at $189,000, and it drew a bidding war. She sold after 3 days on the market at $275,000.

Crazy considering she bought at $105,000 just 10 years ago.

That's like a 12% increase using my Murican public school education math. Pretty good on her end.

edit on 13-11-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁️💗🍕

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
My parents had a big home in this really affluent neighborhood, all million dollar homes. There was this one house which was probably one of the biggest of all which was completely run down. It sat at the bottom of a hill next to a creek which often flooded. The people who lived there were total animals, just animals. Their kids clothes were all torn and dirty, and the kids themselves looked like they hadn't bathed...ever! They had a great big pool in their back yard which was filled with green scum and garbage. You could smell the stench from this place coming down the street. Nobody ever came or went, the kids didn't go to school. If you walked by their house people would peek out through the rags and sheets used for curtains. This place was a creep show right out of the movies, no kidding!

The front of the place had these beautiful two story tall pillars all across the front, and the pillars were stained with all this black soot looking stuff (I mean, how do you even do that without doing it intentionally?) Like I said, no one ever came out of the house, nobody ever saw them drive anywhere. No deliveries ever came. The postal service just stopped delivering mail after while because they never picked it up, and it was just piled all over the place around their mailbox. How did they eat? What did they eat? How did they survive? No one knew! Sometimes the power would be shut off for weeks, then it would get restored for a while (no explanation). They apparently didn't have a phone, or if they did no one knew what the number was.

One younger couple said that one of the kids showed up at their sons bus stop one day to go to school. He didn't know if it was a boy or a girl. All it was wearing was a dirty torn oversized T-shirt and some grungy underwear. The kid stunk to high heaven was was covered in grime. Said the kid's fingernails were super long like they'd never been cut and were caked with dirt. Kid never said his name. Never said a word, and acted like a total zombie, staring straight ahead. Later that day the bus dropped the kid off at his house which was odd because normally they only stopped at the bus stop. Last and only time anyone ever saw the kid, or any of the people who lived in the house. One neighbor reported they saw what looked like a woman outside one night in a dirty slip and bra, but she quickly disappeared.

Oh, and there were no cars. They apparently didn't own a car because their garage doors were broken and open, with a bunch of junk just piled inside.

Place was like a real-life haunted house! Never did hear what happened, or what the deal was. When my parents moved away the place was still like that. Many years later, on a lark, I decided to drive by the place just to see what it looked like. Place looked like it was brand new, and it looked a lot different, like major sections had been completely rebuilt.

?????????
edit on 11/13/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Unfortunately the stigmatized house on our street is... mine.

For years my husband has refused to perform a scintilla of maintenance on our home. He is a bit of a hoarder (not as bad as some, though) and he has a peculiar blind eye toward our home's curb appeal. I have done what I can on our small income over the years to make the inside cozy and I keep a nice vegetable garden in the back, but the exterior of the house is, well, decrepit. Rotted wood, sagging timbers, fascia with holes in it, and stained, cracking old stucco. We have a huge pine tree with ground cover under it out front, so the whole front yard is very buggy; lots of spider webs and a very deep carpet of pine needles on everything, including the roof.

I have done what I can but I'm only one person and I'm only 5'2" and not in the greatest health to be climbing on ladders and doing construction work, though in my younger years I did quite a lot of that around here, because no one else would do it and hubby wouldn't "let" me hire anyone to help. Hubby, in contrast, is the very picture of health and totally COULD do these things; normal things every other working man on our street does to maintain his home, and doesn't expect his wife to do. Like replacing fascia, patching stucco, painting, replacing broken light fixtures, installing rain gutters, trimming tree branches, etc. This issue has almost ended our marriage on more than one occasion, but I stick with the man because he's otherwise a very decent man, honest, moral, friendly, all around nice guy who would give you the shirt off his back. The whole weird situation with this house is a strange dichotomy in his character.

I swear all the neighbors on our street must think ours is a crack house or that an alcoholic or a very old person must live here. Many people on my street make assumptions about me, look at me sideways, gossip about me, or don't talk to me at all. They have no idea that we're actually an average, quiet, clean-living, conservative couple who until this year worked as a blue collar construction foreman (him) and an office assistant for a financial services company (me).

The few neighbors who talk to us and who have come in, have been very curious to see inside and are usually surprised to see how "normal" the interior is (my domain), compared to the outside (hubby's domain).

However, after 24 years of letting the house decay more and more, my husband has finally agreed to (pay someone else to) repair the house! We had the foundation retrofitted earlier this year and as I write there are men on my roof replacing the WHOLE THING, wood and all, and then shingling and adding solar panels. More repairs to come...

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
i grew up in a 2 story house whose original structure was built in 1892. Its burned down now, as of about 15 years ago. But i had all sorts of things come up missing and weird stuff happen.

- multiple copies of Metallicas Master of Puppets. I quit buying them after the 3rd copy came up missing, and just started making copies of a friends cassette. The copies came up missing as well. Like, i'd go to sleep with it in my stereo and wake up and it'd be gone
- The upstairs was 1 single bedroom, which was mine. It was huge. I had a couch, recliner, and little entertainment center (this was in the days of tube tvs, so my 24" tv was pretty swank for its time). I went to sleep one night on Christmas with my Christmas candy on my coffee table. The next morning the bag was empty
- My sister, who was toddler age, would talk about being afraid of a cucuy.
- One evening as i dozed off with Testament playing in my earphones i kept startling awake with anxiety of existential doom. When i finally went to sleep i had dreams of a hellish landscape
- Sometimes when dozing off i could hear what sounded like Indians whooping and riding on horseback outside

Take all that for what you will.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
- My sister, who was toddler age, would talk about being afraid of a cucuy.

As in Coco?

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

folklore.usc.edu...#:~:text=Main%20Piece%3A%20%E2%80%9CEl%20Cucuy%20is,for%20children%20that%20were%20misbehaving.

Its mexican folklore. Basically the Mexican boogeyman

Funny side note: my youngest when he was 3 would cry how he didn't want "that cooie (coo-eee)" to get him.
edit on 11/13/2020 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

The stigmatized property on my block is my house!
Crazy cat lady,who bakes cookies and makes homemade
jams and jellies,wears denim skirts down to my ankles.
My yard is kept mowed but my flowerbeds need help.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah, that's what I thought, never saw it spelled that way.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I am the stigmatized property on my block. At least 8 people died here over the past 150 years and some weird stuff has happened.

Where I live that's pretty normal, we have a LOT of houses over 200 years old that are passed down over the generations, so you might have 5-6 people in one family die in a property purely of old age.

Tell me about the weird stuff?

Are we talking about ghost and other paranormal events, or are we talking about vegans and people who won't eat carbs?

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Tell me, I need to escape from the constant barrage of 2920 stuff.

I'm more interested in what happens in 2920! Please share.

The head of Richard Nixon was just elected president, or so I heard.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
Tell me about the weird stuff?

It's too lengthy for me to go into detail right now.

Are we talking about ghost and other paranormal events, or are we talking about vegans and people who won't eat carbs?

The former.

edit on 13-11-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The stigmatized house in my neighborhood is directly at the other end of the subdivision from ours.

When we were moving in...the street was blocked off by police vehicles and we couldn't get in.
We found out a SWAT team was deployed...and we were thinking: "What the hell kind of neighborhood did we just move into?"

Turned out that a guy that lived with his older parents went nuts...tried to kill them both...grabbed a rifle and was shooting at police from his upstairs bedroom window.

Naturally, the guy was killed by SWAT...with his head splattered all over the upstairs bedroom.

The house went up for sale after that...at a ridiculously low price...but it wouldn't sell...and the price kept dropping.
Keep in mind...this was a beautiful home in an extremely desirable neighborhood.

Eventually, when my Step Daughter and her husband were looking for a home...I suggested they check it out.
I went with them...and the realtor didn't know I was local and never said anything about the death which had occurred there.
The place had been fixed up after the event...but the house had the worst spirit about it...especially the upstairs bedroom.

My daughter and her husband were really into the great price for the value of the house...but did not want to have a Master bedroom where some crazy had his brains blown out.

Eventually, the house sold...and a nice family moved in.
They've since really improved the home dramatically.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

In my current neighborhood we have 2 weird properties. In the corner of the street its a new house. The owner owned a car lot prior to COVID, which I believe he liquidated the inventory on. Not sure if he sold the lot itself (it was used cars). Like i said...new house. About a month ago he had a couple of stoves, the double kind you mount into the cabinetry, sitting by his trash for pickup. Had several piece of cabinetry. He currently has 2 wrecked cars sitting in the woods next to his house. He's had a few low riders (mid 80's models Buick Regal and Monte Carlo) that were pretty swank. Drives different cars every week. This week he's driving a mid 2010's Dodge ram. But its been everything from Vettes, to trucks, to Camry's. He has 2 matching dogs that look like a mix of Goldie and Staffie that run more or less free. Cute and friendly, but they need supervision as they torment the deer to no end.

A little further around the corner are some seeming meth heads. They wash cars in their driveway, do mechanic work on various cars. They have 2 pitties that get loose about once a week and chase the deer around until they pass out in someones yard. Again, friendly dogs...but need supervision. They also have a minpin that is as cute as can be. Usually wears a sweater. We call him Paco.

Not that strange. But in this neighborhood, its strange. We are all older and very stable people, outside of these 2 oddballs. The lady across the street is a war bride from Korea. Her husband is in really bad health. From time to time he ends up in the hospital, so i load up his recliner to take up for him, as its about all he can sleep in. I like sharing bacon i smoke with them. Just good people. My next door neighbor is a government contractor. Used to do some sort of intelligence work. He's never home. But he seems to get plenty of chances to shoot snakes in his back yard. I think he's averaging about 1 a year. If you hear a loud BANG its him shooting a snake with his Judge.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join