It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scoop: Trump eyes digital media empire to take on Fox News

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It seems like a fitting opportunity if there ever was one.

President Trump has told friends he wants to start a digital media company to clobber Fox News and undermine the conservative-friendly network, sources tell Axios.

The state of play: Some Trump advisers think Fox News made a mistake with an early call (seconded by AP) of President-elect Biden's win in Arizona. That enraged Trump, and gave him something tangible to use in his attacks on the network.

"He plans to wreck Fox. No doubt about it," said a source with detailed knowledge of Trump's intentions.

Source

And the evidence is pointing strongly in this direction.

Long speculated
As far back as 2016:
Trump TV 2016: is his campaign laying the groundwork for the next media empire?

Supporter base
He now has a strong loyal base to build from. Over 72 million people have voted for him in these elections, the second most in US electoral history. That's millions more than what he received 4 years ago. To give you some perspective of this size, Hannity has an average of 3.5 million viewers, a fraction. Twitter has been said to have an average 36 million members actively travelling in and out of the website in a given year. He's got a gold mine.

Fox News on the out
Probably because their regular conservative viewership are now feeling neglected by the media giant. In fact ratings dropped for the first time following election night for Fox. She leaves a power vacuum of sorts in the conservative sphere.

Money
Reports are in that he ha's got plenty of money bags running behind him.
Donald Trump bombarded with $100 million book and TV deals, source claims

People
Tucker Carlson? Megyn Kelly (I know, but reports are in that she's making a playback to conservative media), Hannity? He's got a good line of people ready to take anything on for him.

News for years to come
He's got news to ride on for years. For one thing, the fraud angle that he could carry on well after his term. His potential 2024 run? His fans, eager to keep track on his thoughts and moves towards a second run? Outta keep asses on seats for a good 4 years in the least.

It follows his standard business pattern
Diversification is putting it lightly for the Trump empire over the years. From steaks to airliners, wines to restaurants, Trump has seem to have done it all but with TV so it would seem logical this would be the next step.

What do ATSers think? And would you be tuning in on the regular?

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

President Trump has told friends he wants to start a digital media company to clobber Fox News and undermine the conservative-friendly network, sources tell Axios.

Give us a damn break from this crap.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Give us a damn break from this crap.

I wonder what Bloomberg would have done if he managed to become Prez...

link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Same script.

link   
a reply to: neo96

I thought you'd love this idea neo? I'm confused?

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Thanks for telling me what I love.

I really had no idea.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

]Thanks for telling me what I love.

I really had no idea.

I said I thought you'd love this idea. I wasn't telling you what you love.

Jeeze, hard day at work I take it?

What's with the defensiveness?

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Would be hard for Trump to start a media outlet, anyone sponsors he manages to attract would be attacked by the left. Google, Facebook, Twitter and Reddit would probably block the sharing of any videos from his media outlet.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I honestly don't care.

For your sake I hope Trump wins.

Otherwise what will you be using for content ?

Peddle Profraud propaganda

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

President Trump has told friends

*giggles*

You've lost me there.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I honestly don't care.

For your sake I hope Trump wins.

Otherwise what will you be using for content ?

Peddle Profraud propaganda

Oh, ok. I get it. You're still in the denial stages of grief. You still need time. Maybe you should take a break from the forum Neo.

I'll give you some space.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I don't understand what's so hard to believe? Is this a bad idea for Trump?

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
I don't understand what's so hard to believe? Is this a bad idea for Trump?

He's implying Trump has no friends.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I think it's a great idea, maybe not Trump himself, but more options for news would be nice instead of the same regurgitated opinion played for 8 hours a day.

I want to know what's going on in the world. How are the Hong Kong protests? How's Taiwan doing? How's Prime Minister Abe doing? (Former, sorry)

How about these recent earthquakes and tsunamis?

I don't care how someone, somewhere doesn't believe there is fraud in the election. Any election, there is going to be that one asshole who wants to have a louder voice.

How about state local elections? How many people can name off the people in their county's, who they're for and what their platform is?

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You're still in the denial stages of grief.

Someone is.

90%+voter turnout, and they just forget to give him majorties in both houses.

Whatever

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

I want to know what's going on in the world. How are the Hong Kong protests? How's Taiwan doing? How's Prime Minister Abe doing? (Former, sorry)

I think the foreign news outlets cover these stories well enough. I don't think Americans would care much about politics in Japan to be honest... news has to have a little more controversy in it for ratings in the US.... else it's simply not viable.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
Would be hard for Trump to start a media outlet, anyone sponsors he manages to attract would be attacked by the left. Google, Facebook, Twitter and Reddit would probably block the sharing of any videos from his media outlet.

The big companies might not want to sponsor him, but I’d be willing to bet there are thousands of small businesses that would gladly sponsor him, lefty attacks or not.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007

Trump will ALWAYS have the "My Pillow" guy!

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Gonna need a safe space?

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

The big companies might not want to sponsor him,

I really don't agree with this argument. OANN, Russia Today, Newsmax, the Mercers.... I mean millions in backing to outlets that are unapologetically pro-Trump. There are plenty of big donors out there.

I agree with the idea of small businesses though, too. Heck, we can say 10% of all his voters in 2020, that's 7.2 million people - the core of the core in support... each give $50.00 each? And you do the match from there. He'll make a ton.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join