It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Accurate Account of US Political Landscape I've Seen in 2020

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I was watching an entertaining and enlightening (with respect to the real scoop on COVID) video from Gerald Celente, and I was going to write about that this morning. As it turned out, I noticed another video in the recommendation list that caught my eye. It is an interview conducted by the Honorable John Anderson, who IIUC is the former Deputy Prime Minister of Australia.

I'll confess to not following the political scene from our friends in Australia, so I'm unfamiliar with Mr. Anderson's video series. As it turns out, Mr. Anderson's guest, a historian named Victor Davis Hanson, occupies the spotlight in this video. With the help of some terrific questions posed by John Anderson, the video is a tour de force, touching on ALL the facets and issues across the US political and social spectrum, primarily focusing on the 2020 election, but unwinding all of the interconnected story lines that feed into the election.

It's a longer video, but I recommend watching as much of it that you have time to consume.

I have yet to hear any pundit or commentator lay out all the facts, all of the circumstances, over the past several weeks and months of the election season in such a incisive and insightful manner. I've never heard Mr. Hanson speak before, but he has an amazing presence, gravitas, style of story telling magnetism, and he packs so much context and information into his words.

Don't have a ton of time right now to walk through the particulars, but I'll come back later and bullet point some of the ideas Mr. Hanson raises that I found most salient, but can't recommend enough that you spend the time to watch this talk.

This whole discussion is a breath of fresh air after so much time spent wading through Big Tech/MSM narrative swamp mud.

Hope you enjoy!

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

that was a very good interview. Both very plugged into the mindset of the people.
Thanks for sharing this.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Excellent video. I watched the whole thing ... and want to express my deep gratitude to you (OP) for posting this, because otherwise I would not have seen it.

I don't think the mainstream press - especially in the US - would ever interview this gentleman.

I really LOVE ATS for allowing this type of 'true media' to exist for sharing, in a world where otherwise it might not!

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Fantastic interview!

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

I did as well. Without getting political, Hansen laid out the whole landscape and didn't pull punches. this is the kind of interview that most on the left won't comment on as the argument is a bit too scholarly and correct.

And he pinpointed the smug arrogance that brought so many otherwise non-political folks into the game.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I will transcribe one of my favorite points in the discussion. It was when Dr. Hanson and Mr. Anderson were describing how the election results can be interpreted through the lens of the so-called "social justice" and "cancel culture" movements, which have taken hold in a few strongholds of the elite (media, academia, corporate America) but do not necessarily reflect the attitudes and outlooks of everyday Americans:

I think what Americans are saying to the world is, the American that you see that travels overseas, the international corporate business person, the American you see on your Hollywood movie or your New York sitcom, the America you see with a massaged Google search, or a Facebook sort of, uh, Ad, the America you see when an NBA player editorializes, the America you see, on our uh international CNN TV shows, the America you read when you read the International Herald Tribune, that's not America. That is a very influential, powerful 30% of the country. and they misrepresent what America is, what the people feel, and you're never really going to understand America unless people come to America and meet those people because they don't have access to explain America because they don't own the media, they don't own Silicon Valley, the don't have uh, they're not the big banks, they're not Wall Street, they're not corporations, but they're in the majority. And they're very good people and they're very proud of their heritage, and they're not racist, they're families are interracial, they're intermarrying at a record rate but they do believe that if you come to America, from Mexico, or from Asia, your came for a reason. that you wanted something better than the alternative, which was your homeland. They're perfectly willing and eager and able to assimilate you, to intermarry with you, and to integrate with you, but they do NOT want you to form an identity politics, uh Balkan, Rwanda, Iraq model of tribalism. And they don't want you coming here, and attacking the traditions, the protocols, the icons, the statuaries, the names of a tradition of a country that has no apologies for its past. That's not to mean it's not cognizant to our shortcomings, but no apologies.

top topics

join