It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil Disobedience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hi, and I hope all is well with whoever might read this

The first thing I’d like to say here is that the following musing/discussion is regarding a human issue and not a political one. We are all in this crazy conflict together, and the way out is by pulling together as well. It’s looking more and more like the country’s leaning toward locking down again, and I don’t think we have much time to decide whether this is the way we really want to go, and if not, what we’re going to do about it, so I thought I’d get the conversation started regarding forms of civil disobedience we can use to fight the inhuman lockdowns.

Please check out these threads I’ve compiled for more information regarding the horrifically unhealthy conditions forced on the population as a result of lockdowns. The poorest, the youngest, and the disabled suffer the most under these restrictive policies. I plan to advocate for those most vulnerable until silence is forced upon me.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In the meantime, I’m working on a plan in response to the upcoming lockdowns. I’m not going to quietly sit this one out, and am looking for ideas and for like minded individuals.

Firstly, let’s define civil disobedience. The concept is defined by “the refusal to comply with certain laws or to pay taxes and fines, as a peaceful form of political protest.” (definitions from Oxford languages)
It also works very well in light of the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, which states that:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
www.law.cornell.edu...
Bearing all of this in mind, if my friends and fellow Americans were to unite in civil disobedience and by employing their First Amendment rights to peaceably assemble, is it possible to defy the orders of a totalitarian oligarchy and continue to open our businesses, to hire people who (like me) have lost their careers and don’t want to rely on government handouts, to continue to local companies our business as a form of civil disobedience, to support (either financially or by advocating for) those who suffer fines or worse?

What forms of civil disobedience and peaceful assembly do you envision?

I’d be willing to be jailed or fined or whatever it took this time in the pursuit of the health and future of our nation's weak and vulnerable. I know there are others who feel the same. Who’s coming with me? (lol)

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
i run a fully free speech and unedited podcast and youtube channel its called 'the tin biscuit podcast' always here to help
edit on 11-11-2020 by rikgrimsby because: spelling

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

YES!!! It’s time to stop talking about it happening. It is time to start talking about — what are we going to fu##ing do about it!?!?

Excellent thread!

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
If we had enough people committed to simultaneously stop going to work, stop filing their taxes and withdraw all their bank funds at once.

The best day for such a protest would be April 15th.

$ is all they care about so...

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'm stopping all big biz purchases wherever possible.
Unfortunately the people pushing this will only stop if their families are affected too.
Not sure the answer here.
Good luck.
I'll move before I fight..too much to lose

edit on 11 by Mandroid7 because: Sp

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Civil disobedience.
The Reptiles or Pleadians?
Trumps talking in the stadiums.
While Bidens hiding in the basements.
The division of the nation
Is the celebration of the contagion.

I think 2020 is the year that finally woke up the silent majority and it's going to take lot more than a "pandemic" to ground that Eagle.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Love these responses so far!
Some great ideas and resources. Thank you!

Another thing which cheered me was reading the comments on this Daily Mail article (I read for the comments, I promise lol).
www.dailymail.co.uk...-comments
People aren't having it this time.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

So, let me get this right, hold your local state and America 'hostage' till your voice is heard and if not you'll destroy whatever is left .....

Am I right? Because that exactly what every other group is doing what's the difference?! Just go join one of those groups and you be off to a great start!

If I am right...that's the absolute WORST planning I've ever heard!!!

But I know everyone wants America wants a civil war and we'll get one..just not the one we wanted.

That's exactly what the french did and had a Simpson moment afterwards of "WTF do we do now?!"

count me out, I'll stick with the legal system...for now, or with a group that's a lot more foward thinking !! Good luck!!

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo

So, let me get this right, hold your local state and America 'hostage' till your voice is heard and if not you'll destroy whatever is left .....

Am I right?

Nope, not holding hostage, refusing to be held hostage and starve alone in my home.

Good luck with your plan, or lack thereof, as well!

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Pulling a Michigan and packing state capitol buildings is about as In Your Face as you can get with politicians. Leave weapons at home though, go to cause disruption in their cushy, established daily routine & encourage open discourse politicians cannot avoid, no room there for intimidation at the business end of something.

They need to SEE their constituents are pissed, up close & personal. They take great pains to avoid it.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Another great idea, thank you!

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 04:58 AM
link   

You can just keep being you. Help another person out when you can, keep living life as you choose, bring some comfort and peace to those in need, continue to use common sense and reason to guide you and others. Use your talents to bring a positive change to this world...

Read my thread again...

just...

If you ever need anything Zos, I'm just a Pm away. I check them only every once in a blue moon but, I DO check them....

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

blend, you beautiful being, sometimes all it takes is a simple reminder that, even when everything seems to be spiraling out of control, we always have a choice.

Wonderful advice to re-read your thread, dear!!

I needed that. (Feel free to PM me as well, and thank you).

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
never mind.
edit on 12/11/20 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I met with a few friends yesterday and we decided that if it came down to it, our civil disobedience would be in the form of helping people in need locally, lockdown restrictions be damned (if we are indeed headed that way).

I might try to offer my ESL experience to help some of the kids in a district near me which is overwhelmingly 1st generation English learners (where the primary language at home is Spanish). My friends are more heavily involved in church, and I'm sure can find some great resources there.

We were talking about where in the Bible Jesus healed the sick on a Sunday and the legalists attacked him for "working" on the Sabbath. I think his response is the perfect form of civil disobedience to emulate. The laws should never get in the way of helping those in need.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
(Sorry if I'm only talking to myself at this point! Lol.)

I've spoken with a few out-of-state friends, and we've put together the NEW CDC
#CivilDisobedienceCrew

I know it sounds slightly juvenile but don't care; we need to have some fun with it, and the initials couldn't be more perfect.

The one mission of the group is to disregard lockdown regulations and find people in need of help locally, post the civil disobedience online so others could see what we're up to and join in if they see fit. I'll stress the fact that I've been careful in the extreme for the past 8 months, and I don't plan on helping people in a reckless manner and getting anyone sick. I've taken great pains to limit my interaction with the public and following the mask and distancing mandates because I was willing to wait and see how this pandemic was playing out and have enough patience and self restraint to do so. Now the numbers are showing quadruple the number of caseloads as we had in April/May, but less people are dying. The lockdowns are both ineffective (New York lockdowns did nothing to decrease case spread-- about 2/3 of the cases were from isolated individuals) and an overreaction.
We might not all get covid, but we will all suffer the unhealthy effects of lockdown.

I'll say it again: helping one's fellow man should never be against the law (neither should working to put food on one's table, but here we are). When that becomes the case, the law is clearly on the wrong side of justice.

Eta: Hope whoever might read this considers joining the NEW CDC!!

edit on 18-11-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Im basically a Chaotic Good alignment, so that should tell where I fall on such things

Problem is that "we" have no real points of negotiation or leverage. Particularly if we consider that destabilization is a key point to the plans here.

In history, it would be like people in a walled city or castle claiming they are going to "resist" the sieging forces. Of course they will, right? Thats the whole idea of the siege itself. The longer it goes on and the more the inside of the walls lose social structure, the easier it is to take over.

The only way(s) to actually succeed is if that city/castle has everything it needs to survive internally. Food, manufacturing, energy, information, etc.

We are essentially dealing with a global siege, initially focusing on the strongholds of regions that will put up the most fight (basically the "west"). Resistance is expected and encouraged, and is seen to be a largely empty threat when the sieging force is controlling everything that comes in & out of the area.

This is greatly exacerbated when a meaningful percentage of the besieged population has been convinced to believe that tyranny is For the Greater Good through compromised information channels.

This means that the best course(s) of action will not only alleviate pressure points like food and buying/selling markets, but that the path to do so must be largely (or entirely) apolitical. And lets be real.. Thats a difficult task.

Further, many who might actually help the besieged population have been demoralized into thinking its already a lost cause and pointless. These folks tend to spend their time & effort spreading their demoralization, and that response is (imo) intentionally cultivated and inculcated.

The advantage we have in modern year is that the actual processes and systems that could effectively fight back can be very rapidly deployed. This might be our biggest advantage, and the Achilles heel to the whole plan.

Their plans are so comprehensive, wide scale, and long term that it can seem intimidating and hopeless.. But a wrench in the right spot can grind it to a halt.

Its weaknesses are glaring, which is why the information battle relies on confusion and demoralization. They need to openly claim the plans (like "The Great Reset"), but not cover them meaningfully or genuinely in media. Then, to demoralize those who dont consume the manipulative MSM (including social media), they need a show of force (lockdowns, etc) accompanied by a Narrative that cultivates ineffective methods of fighting back. When playing by their rules, meaning corporate-political pre-made battlegrounds, losing is all but ensured though.

Establishing non-compromised lines of communication/information and gaining granular self-sufficiency would be a massive victory. Particularly if it is implemented in a way that can quickly deploy changes and advancements. We do have the tools to do that, and they are even available in the mainstream market. However, the biggest hurdle here is actual participation as well as asking for a dramatic perspective shift in how we approach "things."

It all starts with ideas though, and even with such extensively controlled information channels, non-corporate-political seeds can still get planted and spread like wildfire. If done correctly and in the right environment, that can lead to increased participation in unison with a perspective shift.

One of the things that keeps my faith is the relative lack of proportionate reciprocation from the social group labeled "the right." Thats greatly encouraging as it is frequently a conscious decision, as well as relatively novel in group dynamics, but probably a whole subject on its own.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Thanks for taking the time out to write such a comprehensive, thought provoking and informative response. If anyone else happens to read this, I highly suggest you check into some of Serdgiam's threads regarding self sufficiency.

Your ideas really are feasable.

Nice to see you btw!

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
We are at pass ‘civil’ anything working.

top topics

join