It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be careful what supplements you take

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Does Kava have the same side effect in long term?

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to: underwerks

I know Doctors are afraid to prescribe certain drugs. I have ADD really bad, and I also have OCD. The only thing that really helped me was Ritlin. My doctor now has prescribed modafinil 200 mg tablets. I cut them in two, if I take a whole one I can't sleep. A long time ago, the doctor I had been going to see for nearly 15 years would prescribe the ritlin and I knew what the effects were and it helped me. I am old so I'm not worried about any addiction. My days are numbered, I only care that I am able to take care of myself.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Side note : it seems phenibut is similair to Kratom but with some different effects. (I think kratom can be more stimulating). And kratom is natural.

Sorry to hear such a bad experience with kratom. 3x a day is alot. Not sure how you did that because one builds up a very fast tolerance to kratom. Id imagine youd have to be doing different strands each day to reduce high tolerance.

My takeaway from your post and OPs is to not become reliant or make anything a recurring habit when it comes to drugs whose long term effects are not so easily known.

Kratom is great on an empty stomach - focused, relaxed, and feeling good. However, tolerance builds up fast and overdosing sucks. I never thought people could get addicted to it, but guess that can happen with anything that feels good.

Maybe producers should write, "long term frequent use may cause issues". Id be fine with legalization for drugs but requiring warnings.

I think the trick is to take breaks from drugs to let your body do a light detox, otherwise it seems long term use of any drug (including weed) can cause possible hellish detoxs. Definitely more so with these lesser known drugs.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

I can't imagine as it's such a light drug but you never know.. Best do research if you plan to use frequently for a long time.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: underwerks
My roommate was withdrawing from alcohol and spent the entire time screaming in gibberish and whistling for a nonexistent dog.

Sorry.

Maybe it’s the drugs I’m on right now but I don’t see you ever withdrawing from alcohol.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

... snip for brevity ...

I had a similar thing happen with an antidepressant. Can't remember its name right now.

It seemed to be OK at first, only took it for about a month, and I noticed that I was having very vivid dreams. At first they were good dreams and being so vivid, I thought it was an acceptable side effect. Normally I don't remember my dreams.

Then I had a few bad dreams, and due to their vivid and hyperreal nature, they were quite bad.

Then I began to get more and more of these dreams and I don't think I was getting enough sleep, because I would wake up and be in such a state that I didn't want to get off to sleep again.

Then, I began to get odd daytime feelings that related to the dreams. Still bearable, but weird.

Gradually, the boundary between waking stuff and dreaming stuff was beginning to blur and this was really frightening me. I would jump out of a fear reaction to things that were entirely in my imagination - during the day.

I had previously suffered from migraines and sometimes got a grainy disturbance to the edge of my vision with a bad migraine 'aura', but this started happening when I didn't have a migraine and its frequency was increasing. Then I really started seeing things. Stuff moving on the edge of my vision, or something vague, like a shadow, suddenly being a face or a person standing where they shouldn't be.

So I went cold turkey, told the doctor and he said I should taper off, but I didn't follow his advice, and after about a week, I was back to my rational self.

It is amazing how fragile we are, psychologically.

We also need to be vigilant about the things we ingest, even if the doctors are supposed to know. There is a difference between living something like this rather than just reading about it.

edit on 11/11/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

It hits the same receptors and doesn’t have a withdrawal like phenibut.

Don't know if it is like phenibut but it does cause withdrawals and needs to be tapered.
Baclofen cessation: take it slowly

If the baclofen is to be ceased for any reason, the dose should be weaned down over 1-2 weeks. A ballpark figure would be 10mg/day decrease for doses over 100mg/day and 5-10mg/day for doses under 100mg/day.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
a reply to: underwerks

Glad you’re better, friend.

Putting warnings on every last thing will just get giant government agencies even more giant and involved in our affairs than they already are. You can bet more of our tax dollars would be “needed” too.

People need to take responsibility for themselves and what they put into their bodies, and not give that power and responsibility over to the entirely corrupt government.

In this age of information, there is no need for the government to tell us what the side effects of something may be. People need to TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEMSELVES and do some reading for themselves. No authority needed to baby us- do it yourself.

I am glad you are getting the word out! Just want to add my 2 cents about your insistence on the warning label issue- maybe you had not thought about it from a practical angle and what that would really entail.

Stay healthy and glad you’re better!

I don’t think a warning label is government intrusion. It’s harm reduction. I’m of the mindset that there shouldn’t be any laws governing what an adult can put into their body. The government has no more right to tell me what I can put in my body than it does my mind. It’s about education. Consenting adults should be able to use whatever substances they choose as long as they are educated about the risks and responsible use.

I take full responsibility for what happened to me. Even after what I went through I don’t think phenibut should be scheduled. What should happen is that there should be warnings. I got started on it by taking an energy shot that contained phenibut from a gas station every morning before work. After a while I saw it was cheaper to order it online by the 100 gram tub. So that’s what I did. One gram went to two, two went to three, next thing I know I’m living in a nightmarish hellscape where Satan torturing me would have been a relief.

If there had been a warning label describing what overuse caused I would have researched it further and found out what it truly is. I just figured it was in an energy shot at a gas station, sold everywhere, so how bad can it be.

Little did I know..

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

It hits the same receptors and doesn’t have a withdrawal like phenibut.

Don't know if it is like phenibut but it does cause withdrawals and needs to be tapered.
Baclofen cessation: take it slowly

If the baclofen is to be ceased for any reason, the dose should be weaned down over 1-2 weeks. A ballpark figure would be 10mg/day decrease for doses over 100mg/day and 5-10mg/day for doses under 100mg/day.

You’re right it does have some withdrawals but nothing on the magnitude of phenibut itself. Luckily I have an understanding doctor who is going to wean me off the baclofen over this month. The Valium is probably going to take another month.

Damn Russians. Not only messing with my elections but my brain chemistry too.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Maybe it’s the drugs I’m on right now but I don’t see you ever withdrawing from alcohol.

And I still can't find my doggie...

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Then I had a few bad dreams, and due to their vivid and hyperreal nature, they were quite bad. Then I began to get more and more of these dreams and I don't think I was getting enough sleep, because I would wake up and be in such a state that I didn't want to get off to sleep again. Then, I began to get odd daytime feelings that related to the dreams. Still bearable, but weird. Gradually, the boundary between waking stuff and dreaming stuff was beginning to blur and this was really frightening me. I would jump out of a fear reaction to things that were entirely in my imagination - during the day.

That was the weirdest part. The waking dreams. Friday I spent the entire day writhing around in bed, feeling like my soul was being ripped out. Every time I would open my eyes I was confronted with a hellish landscape of burning buildings and cities in ruin and people running and screaming. End of the world type stuff. I knew it wasn’t real, but that didn’t change how real it felt.

I’ve done a lot of psychedelics over the years, and nothing comes close to the level of realness of what I saw. They would jitter after a few seconds and then it would switch to another apocalyptic landscape.

Truly freaky stuff.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Drucifer

Side note : it seems phenibut is similair to Kratom but with some different effects. (I think kratom can be more stimulating). And kratom is natural.

Sorry to hear such a bad experience with kratom. 3x a day is alot. Not sure how you did that because one builds up a very fast tolerance to kratom. Id imagine youd have to be doing different strands each day to reduce high tolerance.

My takeaway from your post and OPs is to not become reliant or make anything a recurring habit when it comes to drugs whose long term effects are not so easily known.

Kratom is great on an empty stomach - focused, relaxed, and feeling good. However, tolerance builds up fast and overdosing sucks. I never thought people could get addicted to it, but guess that can happen with anything that feels good.

Maybe producers should write, "long term frequent use may cause issues". Id be fine with legalization for drugs but requiring warnings.

I think the trick is to take breaks from drugs to let your body do a light detox, otherwise it seems long term use of any drug (including weed) can cause possible hellish detoxs. Definitely more so with these lesser known drugs.

I was just increasing my dose size. Started around 3.5 grams per dose and worked up to around 8 and at some point towards the end I was up to 4 doses a day. For the last 6 months, it was barely effective as a stimulant, it was just holding off withdrawals.

I’ve done every drug under the sun except for crystal meth and PCP, and I’ve certainly taken things to extremes with them, but always knew when to reign it in and call it quits for a while. Had I known going into kratom that I’d end up addicted to it, I certainly wouldn’t have jumped in head’s first. I figured it was like ginkgo or something from that way it was being discussed.

It’s just so damn unassuming. The stimulant effect is nothing in comparison to the withdrawals.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

Full spectrum CBD oil might be worth a shot, I won't try to sell you the idea but it's worth looking into,

All the best, take care,

I think it’s truly evil to include this substance in CBD products. People who are looking for relief from their ailments through CBD are being dosed with a highly addictive chemical without knowing.

To everyone: stay away from Hemp Bombs brand anything. A company that scummy doesn’t deserve to be in business. And really, I’m surprised they haven’t been sued for it yet.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I hope you are on the mend and I'm sorry you've been dealing with that level of anxiety. I second the idea of going natural with any kind of substance, especially CBD. Deep breaths counting to 10, as well as hard exercise is incredibly helpful for me and people I know. I also hope you feel the love coming from this forum - we are all in your corner.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Sounds EXACTLY like a lucy flashback dude. Don't ask me how I know.

Uhm... I'd venture to guess such flashbacks aren't from properly prepared Lucy.
Don't ask me how I know, either, but most stuff passed off as "lucy" since the late 90's is not actually Lucy, Sheila OR Dorothy. The poor girls had their identities stolen.

Many Shulgin derivatives are not only legal and less expensive (and less expansive), but can do a number on the noggin long after the initial rush through the neurons.

Oh, and Under... sorry, dude, sounds tough.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Yeah I stay away from untested RC’s. I think it’ll be interesting to see the long term effects 20-30 years from now. People are heavily using those things. In essence turning themselves into guinea pigs.

I’m not down with that.

Lol

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

Full spectrum CBD oil might be worth a shot, I won't try to sell you the idea but it's worth looking into,

All the best, take care,

Just another drug and crutch, people need to stop and learn eat and sleep well and exercise and stay off the crutch.

You clearly have zero idea what you're talking about, and this isn't the time nor the place for me to educate you on the subject.

Study the endocannabinoid system, and its roll in maintaining homeostasis, both physically and psychologically, and you might begin to understand.

It's not about 'getting high', indeed, with CBD products, there is no high.

As someone who was at the forefront of relegalising medicinal cannabis in my area and helped successfully campaign for the reintroduction of the local hemp industry, I can comfortably say that this is my playground.

With all due respect, I've dealt with arguments such as yours whilst still asleep before my first morning coffee, I wasn't invited into Government Chambers for nothing.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I remember being on Halcion many years ago..definitely messed me up.

About 5 years back , at work, I had my one and only true panic attack. Due to work having financial issues, life was hard and crushing, thoughts of despair put me into a state. I thought I was having a heart attack, was dizzy, about to pass out, got queazy, staggered to the bathroom and yacked..felt better after. I realised I did it to myself, in my mind.

I can't imagine what it's like for people with full time issues.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Hmm.. I Only Trust Alex Jones Supplements , and I Am FINE .............)

edit on 11-11-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

And I still can't find my doggie...

Look up at the drumstick your avatar is holding.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join