It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Hole in One at the Masters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Not a game I've played , except on a computer , so I'm no great expert but Spain's Jon Rahm has hit what I can only describe as an incredible Hole in One at the Masters 2020 tournament at Augusta .

Give that man a Cigar

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
I'd hope he got more than a cigar for that.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
A hole in one is crazy enough but the fact he skipped the ball across the water too? WTF?

SOrry, we are in a matrix. That is some video game sh*t right there...

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If you look at the club he is using, he intended to hit it sky high and come down onto the green...but he miss hit it and bladed the shot. I know, I've done it myself quite often, being a duffer...even just about killed a goose skipping it on a pond.
But hey...every now and then one can say "I hit that shot just like a pro"

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Amazing shot. The kind of luck that only happens on time.

I bet he peaked. (look up, which is bad in golf)

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This sort of thing should only ever be possible in a virtual world. The greatest hole in one ever and a miss hit at that. Blo.dy incredible.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zrtst
If you look at the club he is using, he intended to hit it sky high and come down onto the green...but he miss hit it and bladed the shot. I know, I've done it myself quite often, being a duffer...even just about killed a goose skipping it on a pond.
But hey...every now and then one can say "I hit that shot just like a pro"

No, he intended to skim the ball across the water. This is a tradition during practice rounds before the Masters tournament actually begins on Thursday.

Link to CNN article

The Spanish golfer skipped the ball across the pond on hole No. 16, as is tradition in the practice rounds in the lead-up to the iconic major in Augusta, Georgia.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I saw a fellow veteran do this at a local charity tournament except he meant to hit it high but flubbed it and instead hit a line drive that bounced 4 times through the fairway and on to the green rolling into the cup.😂

The odds on these kind of shots are practically incalculable.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Lucky guy, my water shots normally sink, not skip. That's a worm-burner if it was on the grass. I've hit a lot of those.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

LOL whatever...

luckiest shot in the history of golf

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
did not know this...I'm going to pretend I'm in a Masters practice round next time I do it!
a reply to: InTheFlesh1980

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Nope, the most skillful.

What an amazing thing to see. That is beyond golf beyond sport.

An outstanding moment of pure talent

Rahm's extraordinary feat unsurprisingly sent fans on Twitter into meltdown, with words such as "ludicrous" and "ridiculous" being used to describe it. Some even called it "maybe the greatest golf shot you'll ever see." Sports reporter Tyler Greever called it "one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen in sports."

edit on 10/11/20 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken the tradition for a hole in one is that the player who gets one has to buy everyone in the clubhouse a drink.

I would imagine at Augusta that is probably a painful endeavor!

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Oh come on, that was a total fluke lol

its a par three, clearly he'd be using a 9iron or something along those lines... he bladed the shot and got extremely lucky

theres no way in hell he meant to do that

edit on 10-11-2020 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I was a pretty decent golfer in my prime... single digit handicap.

I have watched that video, several times... in awe.

The point of that shot, is to try to skip the ball across the lake. He set up to hit a bladed shot, and hit it perfectly...

The ball rolling in the hole? That was karma. Jon Rahm is a quality dude... it was brilliant.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Hhahaha

The smell of sarcasm is strong with this one

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 02:05 AM
link   
As far as i'm aware he intended to skim it across the water.
Great shot and well beyond my abilities.

Never had a hole in one.
Close is good, in the hole is luck.

Looking forwatd to The Masters, its going to be quite different this year.

So many excellent players around nowadays its literally anyone's guess who's going to win.
Already got a few quid on Brooks Koepka at 20/1 and had small flutters on Tyrell Hatten at 33/1 and Matthew Wolff at 50/1.

top topics

join