It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problems with the Democrat party as a whole

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Please save the whataboutism, I am aware that the Republican party, as well as the LIbritarian party all have their own issues. But from where I sit, the issue with the Democrats is something that if not fixed, will lead to some serious dark times. This isn't some threat of civil war, and it's not my internet bravado showing through. It's a serious issue that needs to first be acknowledged, and then repaired.

First off, Those of us who voted for and support Trump, are not your enemy. We aren't racist NAZI's, we aren't evil liars, and we don't need to be on one of your lists. We are Americans who just happen to be Patriotic, proud, and resolved. If you want to find the few bad guy among us, they exist, as do bad guys in all groups. So being disingenuous is a bit to tedious at this juncture.

Trump isn't the evil horrible person you have all been led to believe. He's just a dick. But he changed the way things are done in Washington and the world. He approached it completely different. If you look back at his interviews over the years, he has been thinking about this for a long time. He finally had the opportunity to see if he was right. Well, it turns out, largely he was. His accomplishments prove that. His behavior and attitude are what angers people. It's not presidential. I agree. But it did work for us. All of us.

Most of this doesn't fall on the members of the party, the normal folk. They/you are just products of your environment. You get your media, your information, your news, from propaganda outlets. It's at a laughable level now. And no, the right isn't any better in that department. We just have a couple places to even hear some of the stories that your media filters out. Which explains the shocked face, and screams of "LIAR" when something it posted that hasn't made the main news outlets.

The Media is indeed the enemy of the nation. The world is full of idiots, but ATS has a few smart minds. A few people who studied history, who are well read, and who fully grasp how total control comes about. Right now, you have the freedom to hate your leader. You have the freedom to express that hatred. But the direction we are headed doesn't offer those same freedoms. If you watch the stories come out, and watch the coordination between the outlets, you might begin to see how controlled it all is.

We as a nation need to recognize this first and foremost. We as a nation need to understand that this can't be how our world works. And we as a nation MUST DEMAND accountability and journalistic integrity. We need NEWS outlets that just report the news. There can be pundits afterword who try to tell the dumb folks how to feel about what they learned, but the first step is to take emotion out of the news. Actually, that's the second step, the first step is to realize there is a significant problem.

It's my firm belief, that if the MSM wasn't driving the division we see, there would be none, or very little. is your anger yours, or was it given to you?

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   
100% agree. The media is definitely the enemy. If anyone else pulled the crap they did they would have been sued into poverty. The outright lies just to turn people against each other is disgusting. I quit watching the news years ago because of this. They are actors, nothing more. a reply to: network dude

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
First off, Those of us who voted for and support Trump, are not your enemy. We aren't racist NAZI's, we aren't evil liars, and we don't need to be on one of your lists. We are Americans who just happen to be Patriotic, proud, and resolved. If you want to find the few bad guy among us, they exist, as do bad guys in all groups. So being disingenuous is a bit to tedious at this juncture.

Agreed.

Trump isn't the evil horrible person you have all been led to believe. He's just a dick. But he changed the way things are done in Washington and the world. He approached it completely different. If you look back at his interviews over the years, he has been thinking about this for a long time. He finally had the opportunity to see if he was right. Well, it turns out, largely he was. His accomplishments prove that. His behavior and attitude are what angers people. It's not presidential. I agree. But it did work for us. All of us.

Again, I agree, but he is - as you have rightly said - a dick. And a lot of people don't like that. This is where the problems begin, because his more ardent supporters think that they have a divine right to tell people that they should, and that the man can do no wrong.

Most of this doesn't fall on the members of the party, the normal folk. They/you are just products of your environment. You get your media, your information, your news, from propaganda outlets. It's at a laughable level now. And no, the right isn't any better in that department. We just have a couple places to even hear some of the stories that your media filters out. Which explains the shocked face, and screams of "LIAR" when something it posted that hasn't made the main news outlets.

Truth is entirely subjective in partisan politics.

The Media is indeed the enemy of the nation.

No, its not. You say that because it fits your belief, when in actuality the media is in the exact position as your good self when you claim not to be the enemy. You say you shouldn't be stigmatised, then go on to stigmatise. That is a logical fallacy.

The world is full of idiots, but ATS has a few smart minds.

Oh so many idiots, and yes a few smart minds.

A few people who studied history, who are well read, and who fully grasp how total control comes about. Right now, you have the freedom to hate your leader. You have the freedom to express that hatred. But the direction we are headed doesn't offer those same freedoms. If you watch the stories come out, and watch the coordination between the outlets, you might begin to see how controlled it all is.

I have studied the rise of the Nazi party in Germany at great length. Similarly I have studied the rise of Communism in Russia. In both cases the undermining of the media, the use of sound byte politics and appeals to uber patriotism and an unquestioning loyalty to the party line were instrumental in their rise. As an outside observer I am only seeing that from one side in the USA, and that is from Trump.

We as a nation need to recognize this first and foremost. We as a nation need to understand that this can't be how our world works. And we as a nation MUST DEMAND accountability and journalistic integrity. We need NEWS outlets that just report the news. There can be pundits afterword who try to tell the dumb folks how to feel about what they learned, but the first step is to take emotion out of the news. Actually, that's the second step, the first step is to realize there is a significant problem.

It's my firm belief, that if the MSM wasn't driving the division we see, there would be none, or very little. is your anger yours, or was it given to you?

If all you expect to read is everything you want to see, then you are part of the problem, not the resolution to it.

To answer your question - its my own, because I am seeing those same smart non-evil people being conned by - as we have already ascertained - a dick.

You can go about challenge and change without being the loudmouthed schoolyard bully. If the GOP - or the Dems - doesn't understand that then eventually they will make themselves irrelevant and replaceable.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
People still don't realize, you are what you consume. Spend all day every day watching ABCNBCPBSMSNBCCNN and that's all you'll be able to regurgitate. Same goes for FOX/Newsmax/AONN and so on. We need to question every talking head no matter which one is spewing their spiel.

I still think Edward Bernays "Propaganda" should be required reading for every high school student in their senior year. In fact, maybe it should be a semester or quarter class.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I'm from the UK, but we have seen exactly the same stuff slipping in over the last 20 years.

Our Liberal attitudes to the economy and society as a whole are our biggest strength, but to other countries who have a much more totalitarian outlook, it is our weakness.

You can't go to China and teach Liberal democracy, you would be arrested for subversion. But it's completely legal to come to our countries and teach communism. You don't even need subterfuge, just get a load of teachers in the universities and groom the next generation to not just accept your views, but actually demand them.

I don't know what can be done at this point. Of course the media is a problem, but taking control over the media to defend it against outside threats to our way of life, would be completely opposed to our way of life and what we stand for.

All we can do, is personally make a stand on an individual level, to not consume crap. To seek out the bigger picture and not get too drawn in to the black and white, binary thinking that got us to this point.

It's not even the media's fault, it's our own fault. That's even more depressing...

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The problems with the Democrat party as a whole

They're lying sacks of snip that wargamed succession-civil war if their vote cheating failed?

Yep,deep down they're really not very nice people at all.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Resident Liberal here...

The problem I have with what your saying, is that as an educated well read individual....who does alot of research and who likes to hear both sides (I'm on this forum for Christ sakes)...

It's really difficult to view the alternative news coming from the right as anything more than the posts in here about lizard people controlling the planet.

Not to mention, the right (not all of the right, but a large portion) willfully choosing Donald Trump as your spokesman. Makes it really hard to take the right seriously. It's like having Alex Jones as president. Hell...I'd rather have Alex Jones as president because even though he is nuts, at least he is passionate and intelligent to a degree.

Donald Trump has NOT helped anyone.. at least not anyone who isnt a billionaire or named Donald Trump. His actions and policies are something we've seen before... Reaganomics.. trickle down.. it doesn't work.

The Chinese tariffs? They hurt us doubly!
1. Our currency took a hit as China began using other currencies as did Russia for foreign trade.
2. We saw massive increases in price on everyday use items coming from China. Manufactured good that US companies use to build, create, and sell. That cost was passed down to the consumer.

Foreign relations? We are a joke to nearly all our allows now

Never built that wall or got Mexico to pay for it

Trump energized the radical right AND the radical left causing further division in all of us.

Leaving the Paris accord? Insane, especially given that we are very near the brink.of environmental collapse.

Trump has done 2 good things...
Space Force
Getting other countries to kick in more $$ for the UN

That's it

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

No, its not. You say that because it fits your belief, when in actuality the media is in the exact position as your good self when you claim not to be the enemy. You say you shouldn't be stigmatised, then go on to stigmatise. That is a logical fallacy.

Respectfully Nef, I disagree. Our media/news outlets have shown their true colors on many occasions. They have no interest in the truth, and are not beholden to the public in any fashion. They are corporate owned propaganda and political hacks who have been caught lying, censoring, and influencing more times than any of us would care to count. They are seditious and treasonous to say the least. I would call those organizations an enemy of the people. They are masquerading as a free press, but they hardly resemble it once you get below the surface.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

you seem to be missing the key point. Trump isn't what YOU wanted to hear, so you were and are all too happy to have his message censored, news about him skewed to fit YOUR narrative.

I get that not everyone thinks like me. I am grateful for that. It makes me challenge my own beliefs. But in order for that to happen, I have to be willing to talk, and listen. All of us are guilty of falling into the echo chamber at times. But some of us need to remember that, and step back from it, and let those others who may not have the strength to do that know, that just because it feels right, doesn't mean it is.

It's like you don't even want to think about what if the media wasn't telling the world what you personally believe. What if they talked like me? I bet that would get your attention.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Very good points!

Unfortunately, at this point, it’s going to take a popular left-leaning individual to point out the media’s complicity in our country. There’s no way it’ll gain any steam if it’s a right-leaning or even libertarian voice behind it, regardless of the facts.

If this could be done on a state level first, with local news stations, it might gain some steam. There’s also YouTube, but how long would it be before YouTube yanked all the content related to it?

Queensryche (What happened to the poster Operation Mindcrime?!) wrote back in the late 80’s-

“I used to trust the media
To tell me the truth, tell us the truth
But now I’ve seen the payoffs
Everywhere I look
Who do you trust when everyone’s a crook?”

(“Revolution Calling”....if any of you are into hard rock/80’s metal, Queensryche’s Operation: Mindcrime is an AMAZING concept album about a drug addict who becomes disillusioned with corrupt society/politicians and turns into an assassin of political leaders for a revolutionary group. It doesn’t push a side, it’s just anti-corruption. Outstanding story and the music is just incredible)

The media has been at this so long, it may just be too big of a beast to tackle.

I think one way it could be countered is if people just started doing their own news, completely unbiased and not slanted either way. Be the thing we want to see. YouTube might let something fly as long as it relied on honest facts and wasn’t leaning one way or the other. Young adults primarily rely on social media for their news, so flood social media with honest news and keep at it. Eventually, you may break some ground.

It may take a while, as polarization must be avoided in order for it to be taken seriously by all people.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

Resident Liberal here...

The problem I have with what your saying, is that as an educated well read individual....who does alot of research and who likes to hear both sides (I'm on this forum for Christ sakes)...

It's really difficult to view the alternative news coming from the right as anything more than the posts in here about lizard people controlling the planet.

Not to mention, the right (not all of the right, but a large portion) willfully choosing Donald Trump as your spokesman. Makes it really hard to take the right seriously. It's like having Alex Jones as president. Hell...I'd rather have Alex Jones as president because even though he is nuts, at least he is passionate and intelligent to a degree.

Donald Trump has NOT helped anyone.. at least not anyone who isnt a billionaire or named Donald Trump. His actions and policies are something we've seen before... Reaganomics.. trickle down.. it doesn't work.

1. Our currency took a hit as China began using other currencies as did Russia for foreign trade.
2. We saw massive increases in price on everyday use items coming from China. Manufactured good that US companies use to build, create, and sell. That cost was passed down to the consumer.

Trump energized the radical right AND the radical left causing further division in all of us.

Leaving the Paris accord? Insane, especially given that we are very near the brink.of environmental collapse.

Space Force

That's it

You are a perfect example of buying into everything you were sold. Brink of environmental collapse, and 4 years ago, we weren't. The Earth is 4.5 Billion years old. In the 1950's through the 1970's we exploded nuclear bombs like fourth of July cherry bombs. And the Earth survived. We buried nuclear waste in cement boxes that may last 80 years and tossed it into the ocean. Fukashima is still expelling cooling water into the ocean directly.

And your concern is the Paris Climate accord? Where are our emissions today? Are they in line with that agreement? If so, what does our involvement consist of?

All questions that need answers to fully understand some of what you think you beleive.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
When everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. - George S. Patton

There are powerful forces in the world aiming for thought conformity these days.

Let's just take a quick look at COVID reporting for an example. Every outlet reports on cases, but not hospitalizations or deaths. Why? Because case numbers are on the rise, but not the other two metrics. They don't have pictures of bodies in the morgue because those pictures don't exist. They aren't happening, so the report on cases to scare us and create a uniform fear. It's assumed that more cases will lead to more deaths, but it hasn't and no one seems to have thought through the obvious -- cases have been skyrocketed as per the press for around two months now. If people were going to die in the streets ... surely there would be bodies to report on ... right?

But no one thinks. Instead we fear what hasn't happened and isn't happening, and the press keeps scaring us.

**EDIT**

Understand that I'm not saying no one is getting sick or going to the hospital or even dying, but go back to research Spanish Flu. The people then died in overwhelming numbers. Bodies and coffins were stacked up like wood waiting to be buried. You can find pictures of it. That's the level of fear the press is creating, and that's the sort of picture you ought to be seeing with the hysteria being stoked. Where is it? It doesn't exist.
edit on 10-11-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Yes, another good example. We exceeded the targets of the Accords without being in them. So why do we need to rejoin them?

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   

What the Democrat's won't have again is a common enemy of Donald Trump.

The Bernie progressives only voted for Biden because they hate Trump so much they don't mind uniting under Biden to win.

The Democrat party is deeply divided and not even the media can save them.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Mind control is working well in the USA these days.

Good point good food for thought in this thread folks.

There is allot of political propaganda out there right now, I don’t think I have seen it at this level before, the media is out of control.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, another good example. We exceeded the targets of the Accords without being in them. So why do we need to rejoin them?

redistribution of wealth. Which was the initial goal all along.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: ketsuko

redistribution of wealth. Which was the initial goal all along.

Under the guise of racial,economic,climate justice.

That's right.

Instead of the judicial system dealing out JUSTICE it'll be Biden and crew.

May God have mercy on our souls.
edit on 10-11-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

Resident Liberal here...

Space Force

That's it

Perfect example of Globalist induced propaganda mind control right here ^^^^^^^^^

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
There's no unity with people who called you racist/hatemonger/etc etc for 4 years. Sorry. You liberals made your bed, now lie in it. Expect zero cooperation until we can all see something has changed in the Democrat party.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Well then you just are not the thing you believe yourself to be then. Simple

a reply to: Lucidparadox

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join