It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick Takeaways from Biden-Harris Acceptance Speeches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
My wife was watching their victory addresses, and in the interest of trying to put a fresh foot forward and extend an olive branch for candidates that I was highly critical of, I sat through the program (with the exception of the confetti/silly mingling after the speeches). Here are some brief observations on the presentation & content of their addresses, and maybe some clues on policy we can glean from it.

* Starting off positive, I thought both Harris' and Biden's speeches were fairly well-delivered and polished. I paid veryclose attention to the TIME each was given to speak, with my unofficial estimate that Harris spoke around 8+ minutes, and Joe spoke for about 14+ minutes.

* For Kamala, the contrast between here address and some of the interviews she'd given couldn't have been sharper. I will conceded she did fine delivering scripted remarks behind a lectern. This doesn't lessen her proclivity to laugh uncontrollably and struggle to find words during impromptu interviews that are unscripted, and I do have doubts about her ability to converse with other leaders/dignitaries in a natural and authentic fashion, but for last night, she did seem to do fine.

* Joe, I mean, that's the most cogent and coherent I've seen him in months?? His oratory was kind of bland and limited to usual political pleasantries/buzz words, but he was for the most part comprehensible and gaffe free (with the exception with the amazing repeated tendency he's shown to confuse the US COVID death count, with this constant reference to "Two hundred thousand million")

* Down to policy hints. The most repeated phrase I heard was "systemic racism". Across both speakers, I believe this was mentioned 4-5 times. I am very eager to hear in MODERN TIMES, in 2020, what "systemic racism" means to Biden & Harris. Over the past 4 presidential administrations, POTUS and VPOTUS, 3/8 of the offices have been held by black Americans. The highest executive positions in the land. What, in these people's minds constitutes "systemic racism", and at what point will be safely declare it extinguished? When 50% of all affluent, wealthy, successful professionals, doctors, lawyers, CEOs in the US are black? When 50% of all students at institutions of higher education are black? I wish someone with nuts would try to pin down Harris and let her articulate what the impediments are that systemically hold down minorities, other than the fact, well, they represent 13% of the total population and it's kind of hard to statistically formulate a model where 20%+ (what is their target number here?? 30%???) of all vital/high-paying careers in the US employ PoC, UNLESS, you're trying to simply jam percentages/quotas in rather than evaluate on individual merit/competency. There's this thing called the Bell curve, and in any statistical population, it's a real scientific thing.

* COVID was also highly mentioned, and Joe even let drop that on Jan 20 2021, he'd be putting together a "top team of scientists" to formulate a "Biden/Harris COVID Blueprint". One thing is for sure: EXPECT LOCKDOWNS PERHAPS ON A SCALE AND SEVERITY NOT YET SEEN IN THE PANDEMIC. Joe himself set the stage for this when he said, in so many words, it's impossible to have healthy economy UNTIL we defeat the virus. O RLLY Joe, defeat the virus? Kind of like our utter conquest of the common cold and Influenza? Be ready, get prepared, Jan 2021 will mark another wave of harsh lockdowns.

* A complete dearth of any tidbits around foreign policy or geopolitical stances. SHOCKED FACE! We have faced heightened economic competition, military tension with China, now we are embroiled in a trade war (welp, that will I'm sure be cancelled, back to letting China siphon off every last job in the US), not to mention the near certainty that COVID was the byproduct of, in the best case, completely negligent handling of the virus in a research facility in China. Live and let live will be Joe's stance on China, or more likely, complete and utter capitulation on any and all issues.

* Lots of token mentions of "justice" and "healing", but I heard really nothing concrete on ideas to preempt vicious riots and destruction in our cities anytime a PoC is injured while interacting with police irrespective of whether or not the subject is compliant or completely out of control and exhibiting wild, threatening behavior. Maybe this administration feels that all of this hullabaloo will simply evaporate now that Orange Man Bad is on his way out the door, Trump himself was the one instigating the epidemic of resistance to arrest nationwide, and his exit will magically "unite America" and solve the real and pressing challenges faced in keeping our cities safe and secure.

* Lastly, climate change was mentioned a few time, I believe (paraphrasing) Joe went so far as to insist "we will solve the climate!", whatever that means. Reading between the lines, and this shouldn't shock anyone, this administration will be very active in prosecuting a "Green"-friendly agenda. I personally will give them a little latitude here and see how they proceed. There is a WIDE GULF between the AOC "Green New Deal" financial shakedown and at least some reasonable, sensible shift towards embracing renewable energy, limiting harmful pollution, etc. Time will tell which end of the spectrum this administration moves towards, I really hope it's geared towards sensible, incremental improvements, not an AOC command and control "green communism" agenda.

Please feel free to fill in any info you heard that I omitted.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Shouldn't the election be over and certified before making an acceptance speech?

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Waging this goes on until mid DEC best case scenario. Couple poll worker whistleblowers just emerged. This is not counting the computer glitch investigation and the ballots put on hold by the Feds that PA was not suppose to count. Then all the videos of other poll workers doing suspicious actions. History will not look back on Biden, his campaign and the DNC kindly. No matter what happens his legacy will either be associated with fraud or just straight up the biggest fraudster of all time. And Harris's career is finished.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08
Shouldn't the election be over and certified before making an acceptance speech?

That may well be true, but that didn't stop Biden and Harris from delivering their remarks, and I found it an interesting window into what their administration will look like, should they remain the victors.

I believe there WAS election fraud around the country, but I am utterly incapable of quantifying HOW MUCH that skewed the results.

I support Trump in ensuring the election was not completely spoiled by malfeasance, but my suspicion is that he will have very low odds to reverse the results.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Everything Biden talked about doing will have major consequences but he never discussed the consequences.

😃

And they both made some references to "equality" while at the same time placing people into "categories".

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08

Makes sense but the MSM has ratings and advertisers to satisfy. 😃

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I watched, so we are gonna beat the virus and the climate, two things mankind has struggled with since it began. Nothing but hollow empty unrealistic political rhetoric.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Democrat Definition of Systemic Racism: Electing the first Female Mixed Race Vice President in history.

Also we killed the flu, didn't you hear:

edit on 8-11-2020 by Nodrak because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join