It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Time Blocks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Has anyone had the experience of having large chunks of time seemingly just go missing? The weirdest example:

I was driving on the taconic state parkway, on my way home from dropping my sister at a friend's house. The taconic state parkway is an unlit, really twisty parkway in NY. You kinda gotta be on your toes driving on it, from idiots on the road either going really fast or really slow, deer deciding to play chicken with traffic. The way I remembered it as it happened, I was maybe 10 minutes to my exit, I look down for a second to stub out my cigarrette in the ashtray, look back up and I am seeing lights coming up ahead. I almost jammed on the breaks, thinking that maybe some drunk idiot was driving the wrong way, it has happened before. I had followed the parkway all the way to the end, and really had no idea where I was, or how it happened. I had never driven that far on it before in that direction, luckily it wasn't too hard to get back on going back the other way. It was not a short drive to get back the the exit I had passed. I have heard about, and experienced zoning out, and ending up home or work without remembering how it happened much. But never really heard about anything like that before. That was the only time it ever happened while driving thankfully, it scared the crap out of me. It had happened to me before being a passanger a lot, but I just chalked that up as nodding off or whatever. If it had been something weirder, I assume the driver would have said something lol.

Anyone ever had something like that happen?

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Has anyone had the experience of having large chunks of time seemingly just go missing? The weirdest example:

Anyone ever had something like that happen?

Yeah, a couple of times.

Longest one was driving a school bus that had been donated to an organization I worked for back then from NYC to Texas. There were two of us; one would drive, one would sleep and we'd swap off, little rest on the way.

Somewhere along the way, My buddy comes up to the driver's seat and say, "Time for me to take over." I looked around and had no idea where we were, how we'd gotten there or how long I'd been driving. I mean, I was aware that I'd been driving, but the last I remembered was miles and miles back, like a long way back.

I've had similar things happen on a couple of occasions, but much shorter time frames.

First time I remember something like that was in grade school. I had about a 10 minute walk from the bus station to the house and I vividly remember one afternoon, getting off the bus then opening the door to my house, nothing in between.

The phenomenon is called mind wandering and it's documented and well know. No missing blocks of time, just a bored brain going on auto-pilot.

There's lots of information on it, if you're interested. Just do a duckduckgo on "mind wandering" and "driving."

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv
Yeah I have heard about it and experienced similar, like not remembering the drive home from work late at night. That was the only time where it seemed to glitch out and I didn't end up anywhere near I was supposed to be lol.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Yes, a few times. But the most prominent was driving up through the hills at night somewhere in Colorado. Just me and my mom. I drove to give her a break so she could sleep. We were heading to Denver for a family thing. I wasn't tired or anything, couldn't remember how or why all of a sudden I saw a semi behind in the rearview and didn't realize I was driving so slow. He was trying to pass me going uphill. I touched the breaks a little to let him have more room, and he passed, then flashed the breaks as my mom woke up suddenly and commented that he was saying 'thanks' by flashing the breaks like that. But right around then my mom exclaimed that she'd been out for three hours. I swear I had just taken the wheel. I looked at the clock and 3 hours had really passed. The are was pretty desolate, the night was dark, and I still remember how I couldn't explain it, but just had a feeling that something unnatural had happened. I didn't sleep drive for three hours, either.
I know it's happened more than that, many times, but different places.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

That's what I think as well. Many times when I'm driving somewhere, especially on familiar roads I'll be listening to music and/or daydreaming. I'll get to where I was going and not remember the drive, stoplights, signs, how I got there or anything. I was driving on autopilot.

Of course, if something unusual had happened along the way that demanded my attention or needed a decision, I would have been aware and able to react

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Missing time...

To many to write about and 100% of them was was with another awake person(s)

It's called a 'Time Slip' pretty sure there a mega thread of it on here

Anyways I was with a friend of mine and I drove over to his house and we were going to take his car over to a town just outside of North Portland and I can't remember the name of the town is about 20 minutes outside of North PO, so I was going from Forest Grove over to over to the town which was about a good 45 minutes away an hour and 15 somewhere in there.

My wife at the time had left 30 minutes before we did because I was going to his house and taking his car riding with him to the town to pick up a food box; when we got there I looked at the clock on the wall and and we got there in 15 minutes, it was literally almost a 35 to 40 minute drive to get there and we made it in 15 minutes she made it from Forest Grove out there 15 minutes as well!!

WE LITERALLY GOT TO OUR DESTINATION IN 15 MINUTES?

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
That one is weird, it's like time slipped the other way than normal lol. Or time slowed around you while you got to drive at normal speed.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
That one is weird, it's like time slipped the other way than normal lol. Or time slowed around you while you got to drive at normal speed.

2 years ago, my wife and I were on N.CA, it was Saturday, we both know this by checking our phones that morning and discussing where we should go to church tomorrow.; So, we looked to see which churches had thier first service, which was the next day, which was Sunday. We even called one church that was open and THEY said"yep we're open Tomorrow at 10:30a for morning service"

So we woke up the next morning, drove to the library to see when it was open Monday before we headed out to church, got up to the front doors and looking at the schedule something caughty eye inside...it was a woman at the desk with lights on!!!

I fully expected that it should have been closed due to it was Sunday and she was there to catch up on things for Monday when I pulled the door, it opened!!

I gasped and so did my wife at the same time because it should have been CLOSED!

Reeling in our minds from the shock, I stepped half way inside and said in a louder than normal voice"Hello, are you open!" scared that it was a possible break-in (?), as the woman came around the corner and said "yes we are! We're open for only a half-day on Saturday through"

We stepped inside extremely cautious as we both looked at each other in shock as we both said to each other"Saturday?!" So, I said to the woman "today's Saturday?!" as she said "last time I checked" smiling at us as we checked our phones...

Sure enough, it was Saturday!!!?

Deeply confused at this point, I just said "oh, ok" as we walked out and sat down looked at each other for a short time trying to wrap our heads around what just happened!!

We slipped back a whole DAY from Sat to Friday over night!

top topics

join