It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should He be in Attendance or Snub Biden and Democrats in General?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Let’s work from the assumption that Biden will be sworn in as president with all of the accompanying pomp and circumstance. Even if you don’t agree with the premise, go with it for purposes of discussion.

My wife and I were watching the HBO series John Adams last week and learned that President Adams had no intention of attending the inauguration of the man who defeated him,Thomas Jefferson. He was angry at him. We then wondered if other outgoing presidents had done the same thing. As it turns out, it’s happened two other times: John Quincey Adams (John’s son) passed on attending Andrew Jackson’s inaugural and Andrew Johnson refused to be in attendance at U.S. Grant’s installment as his replacement.

So,150 years have passed since a defeated incumbent was absent at his successor’s inauguration. Rude? Classless? Or, could it be viewed as making the strongest statement possible within his power...I will not validate or legitimize this charade with my presence. We know the MSM would scream SORE LOSER—-but Trump has withstood these assaults for years. My wife and I think his absence would make a statement like no other. But, is it time to continue to “stand on ceremony”, stiff upper lip, etc.?

The absence would be, of course, symbolic...but we all know symbols can send powerful messages.

Just wondered what Left and Right ATS folks might opine about this “could happen” situation.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Well...we could see stranger still...the election isnt certified and many court battles loom...we could see Trump not lose office and Biden have to choose wether to go see his opposition be sworn in or not.
edit on 8-11-2020 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: azvol

SO Trump is hardly John Adams but......

It would fit and alot of Trump actions are geared for another run in 2024 IMHO so snubbing his claimed "stolen election" would fit the narrative and appeal to the maga nation

However, I hope given the raging pandemic that Biden elects for a simple swearing in and gets to work rather than the 24 hours of dog and pony show most administrations put on

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   

IMO, it's just a hollow gesture if the warm intent is not there. They should be allowed to choose to attend or not, and not be beaten over the head for it -- it's NOT the end of the world, and really does not matter.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
If the Democrats can find a way to do it and get away with it. Trump will be in jail by then.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Why would any American attend the swearing in of our enemy?

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

However, I hope given the raging pandemic that Biden elects for a simple swearing in and gets to work rather than the 24 hours of dog and pony show most administrations put on

Oh no..no..no..

The Dems won't waste a chance to gloat and rub it in the "win". Plus, it's Harris's first time...being VP, I mean.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I don't remember Bush going to Clinton's inauguration, but I might be off on that.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   

This is a very good question you propose. I haven't read anything else but your OP thus far on purpose so as to give you an honest and unbiased opinion as much as I can..here is my answer.

Although there is obviously election fraud, I think the fraud isn't prevalent enough to warrant the current president to not attend the Inauguration ceremony in protest. I might be wrong and the election is truly close enough to question the result and rightfully request a recount but the thing is the recount is only going to result in accordance with the original projection.

In other words Trump should accept the results after a fight but nevertheless accept the results in the end.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: justsaying111

Enemy? Come on man!

Look at Democrats promoting UNITY yesterday: twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: justsaying111

Enemy? Come on man!

Look at Democrats promoting UNITY yesterday: twitter.com...

Unity only on the Democratic side. Actually if you listen to Biden he was telling you all the truth but in a schizophrenic way or most people would say bipolar these days.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   

On your premise that Biden will be sworn in, should Trump attend or not. Will he stand on tradition and attend or make a symbolic statement and not attend. Send a message as you suggest.

This loss will be ego crushing for him. He may put on a strong face but inside his remaining brains will be finishing off it's transformation to sludge. He will be on the fast track to full goose bozo.

What he says or does from this point on should be meaningless to everyone. Sticking with him now that he is no longer POTUS will only drag his fan base, because that is what they are now, not supporters but just a regular fan base, into full goose bozo land as well.

From now on all he is is just one more sorry hack of an entertainer.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

As opposed to a scarecrow hanging from a noose and labelled 'Biden'?
Saw it in a video clip on the news here so I have no link to it but it was in the last 2 days, maybe someone is aware of it on utube.

So who's at fault here - one side or both?
My advice is for all tone it down a lot as these sorts of angry shenanigans will have no bearing on the outcome.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Are you saying Trump could stand again in 2024? I thought once you had been POTUS you couldn't stand again?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: FredT

Are you saying Trump could stand again in 2024? I thought once you had been POTUS you couldn't stand again?

Rainbows
Jane

Two terms are the max. Trump has served one term, so potentially he could run again in 2024.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

2 terms is the limit but they don't necessarily have to be served consecutively.
I doubt he'll be an acceptable candidate for nomination by 2024 once all his hidden info (like taxes, illegal activities etc) becomes public knowledge - but who knows....

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Is he invited?
And will they have those little hotdogs in BBQ sauce?
Maybe he’ll show up.

I think maybe his personality traits might not allow him to attend. I’m not sure that he could be on camera as the loser of a contest.

I think he’s already in the planning stages of his new reality show. Solving mysteries with his trusty dog Rudy.

“You can’t stump Trump”

episode one.
“Email island, the server in the mineshaft.“

edit on 8-11-2020 by spacedoubt because: Formatting

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Although there is obviously election fraud, I think the fraud isn't prevalent enough to warrant the current president to not attend the Inauguration ceremony in protest. I might be wrong and the election is truly close enough to question the result and rightfully request a recount but the thing is the recount is only going to result in accordance with the original projection.

From what I'm reading, folks are calling for audits of the vote -- not just recounts. Especially in light of the software "glitches" in Michigan and Georgia. The same software is used in all battleground states. One of our Reps is already asking for an audit for that reason:
Rep. Paul Gosar Calls on Arizona Officials to ‘Investigate the Accuracy’ of the Dominion Ballot Software After Reports of ‘Glitches’

The suspicion is that just like Trump votes were flipped for Biden in Michigan, that this is not the only instance of it happening. Not just in Michigan, but in all of the battleground states.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
NO.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

John Adams was disliked by most...but had been mortal enemies with Jefferson in particular.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join