It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics dogma and why it's not going anywhere

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Biden, as the president-elect, being a moderate, will get flack from the hard left and hard right.

And the kumbaya will fade into the night. The problem boils down to two things: politics and dogma.

One, dogma, is a psychological ailment where one gets attached to rigid beliefs and ideas and shuts down their mind to other possibilities. Then one gets so attached to the dogma it loses its moral base, through what psychologists call displacement, or transference, where one's mental quirks cling to the dogma, such as feelings towards one's mother or father or lack of something in their psychological makeup. In other words, the dogma unconsciously replaces that empty thing in the person, and the attachment gets deeper and no longer based on principle but an inner obsession.

Two, politics is the result of excessive dogma. Then one can justify anything, even supporting a criminal as long as they keep our philosophy.

And politics often isn’t based on truth or justice or the best thing for the people but the best thing for the party.

Now everyone is entitled to beliefs and to adhere to tenets of a philosophy. Just that when principles or philosophy gets politicized, that essential element called truth gets washed away, and all that’s left is politics.

Ends then can justify the means, then we're in trouble.

Politics needs to be replaced by communication. With less political heat in the mix. People sitting down and discussing things like health insurance for all. Abortion, trade and jobs, taxes and foreign policy, and issues that are supposed to be addressed in our elections but are always drowned out by...politics and the game, and the entertainment value it elicits. Debates are NEVER substance-based discussion but beauty contests to see who looks the prettiest and who can speak the cleverest.

And in the end, we lose everything valuable in the discussion because it's all drowned out by…
…politics

Finally, one can say that even though politics is corrupted by ambition, dogma, and rigid sects, we still as a society make progress. Well, I can't deny that but are we evolving to something perfect, great, magnificent, or are we merely going in a circle nowhere round and round into mediocrity...or worse: destruction

edit on 7-11-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You do realize biden isnt actually president elect yet right? The media doesn't actually have a role in the certification of an election...

We can reconviene in like January probably once these things are settled.

But you know...continue on with the kumbaya and whatever OP...

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
IMO, the first thing to do to purge our corrupt political system is to change the debates from glamour shows where platitudes and dogma are espoused by candidates with fake smiles to maybe university-sponsored events where a debate format is rejected, and the candidates sit down and discuss issues in a civil manner like adults.

Remove the contest based vanity format.

Remove the political clubs AND NETWORKS from hosting the debates.

Have discussions and a debate where issues can be gone into with some substance, not platitudes and political slogans.
Our system is riddled with absurdities, where we will never get any great candidates, only very flawed politicians.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
So you elect to not respond?

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

BTW, this is NOT any kumbaya op.
It is what I intend: a scathing indictment of this corrupt political system.

Just stick around and watch

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Another point is the absurd length and cost of these ridiculous election seasons where a whole year and a half of a meager 4-year term is taken up by politics and NOT governing!

This is probably the worst, most corrupt aspect of American politics.

Does any here know the amount spent on the 2020 presidential election season?

14 BILLION DOLLARS!

Does anyone believe for one second that the overlong political season was worth 14 billion dollars?...and not a boondoggle for the political class system?

Six months or less, maybe 3 to five ought to be the extent of the length it takes to elect a president with a cost much under 14 billion dollars.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I'm liking this so far. I've got a little bit of an issue with "university setting" do to that type of an atmosphere is pretty darn dogmaish. But otherwise I like where your going.

Us, the people, we need to get together. Those of us that can think at least. Those of us that can see beyond this dogma of right/left politics.

Our politicians are screwing us bigtime. Our media is complicit, in the end it's up to us. The people to demand something better, more cooperative.

We used to have bipartisan workmanship between elections. We dont seem to have that anymore.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

I appreciate your ideas.
I try to lend insight into the boxes people get their minds locked into.
And maybe discussion can take place outside of the certainty of the Indoctrinated and at the same time actually discuss our differences.

With the goal of coming up with solutions.

The college idea just may support thinking rather than debates and discussions where people just react based on their dogma, they’ve been indoctrinated in.

It could be a bar, anything but a political club or network

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Politics is an illusion. We want to believe what we actually see, is what we actually get. That isn't always the case its a mirage. I honestly feel no one actually knows why they really care about politics. We seen both sides yet we celebrate failure? Really doesn't make sense to me why we even argue about politics. Its' a contradict regardless how you flip it. Just want this year to be over with. So yeah politics isn't going anywhere unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: KonquestAbySS
Politics is an illusion. We want to believe what we actually see, is what we actually get. That isn't always the case its a mirage. I honestly feel no one actually knows why they really care about politics. We seen both sides yet we celebrate failure? Really doesn't make sense to me why we even argue about politics. Its' a contradict regardless how you flip it. Just want this year to be over with. So yeah politics isn't going anywhere unfortunately.

I agree with you and the OP, especially when you said that politics isn't going anywhere. I don't think that going anywhere near it is going to change anything for the better. In the end, it's just people trying to find their "tribe". But what is that tribe going to do for me? I believe that "nothing" is the answer to that question except for perhaps making me feel good for a few days.

top topics

join