It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump wins through the courts, do you think he should call another election?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Right Now:

If Biden stays as 'the winner' - roughly 50% of the country will think he cheated

If Trump wins through the courts - roughly 50% of the country will think he cheated

So either way, the US is in for some major beef. I think by and large if Biden stays as the winner, people that voted for Trump will get over it, and probably not cause mass civil unrest, unless the incoming president starts to try and violate their constitutional rights. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

If Trump wins through the courts however, massive civil unrest will begin, I think that's a fair statement. People that voted Biden will simply not accept it, regardless of whatever evidence is unearthed.

My Solution

If Trump wins, he works with both sides of the aisle to come up with true vote reform, reform aimed at full transparency, mitigate as many possibilities for corruption as possible. Set rules that are equipped to deal with 21st century technology and the influence they can have.

And then - call another election, set for a year from the date the new voting system is decided.

Obviously this is a huge hypothetical, I'm not American so I don't even know if this would be legal, but to me that's the only route (if Trump wins through the courts) to prove to the American public that he is the Commander in chief that the majority wants.

Any thoughts? Alternative routes out of this mess? Criticisms?

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AverageWang

Democrats will not go for a honest transparent voting system. They have fought simple rules like id etc.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Not sure the constitution would allow this?

But it would make a great movie. 👍👍

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I'm down for another election. Wonder if the libertarian party will get past 1% this time. It's actually pretty historical.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

We need to fraud-proof elections first.

All ballot counters must be on camera while counting votes. Electronic Voting machines need to go bye bye. Only basic dumb tabulators that count the filled in boxes.

Each county publicly posts their results online. Poll watchers allowed to observe.

No more "mail in ballots" this is just begging for fraud.

Audit all absentee ballots of people over 80 to ensure they are alive.

ID to vote... period.

In person votes numbered. No way to have more votes than people who showed up to vote.

Absentee ballots separated and remain separated in the event that they need to be audited if there is question of fraud.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinktinktink

Democrats will not go for a honest transparent voting system. They have fought simple rules like id etc.

And my reply to this would be: If Trump states that his plan is to create a bi-partisan voting system, followed by another Election 'out of season', they would really have to start to argue about why ID is not a fair expectation. It should be a completely transparent conversation that takes place for the American public to see. If anyone doesn't go for very reasonable standards of legitimacy, all it would do is expose ulterior motives.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I think we should use two giant glass containers with red and blue jelly beans at each election site. Drop your pick in and see which is more full.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

We need to fraud-proof elections first.

All ballot counters must be on camera while counting votes. Electronic Voting machines need to go bye bye. Only basic dumb tabulators that count the filled in boxes.

Each county publicly posts their results online. Poll watchers allowed to observe.

No more "mail in ballots" this is just begging for fraud.

Audit all absentee ballots of people over 80 to ensure they are alive.

ID to vote... period.

In person votes numbered. No way to have more votes than people who showed up to vote.

Absentee ballots separated and remain separated in the event that they need to be audited if there is question of fraud.

Yes yes yes yes yes to all of this. haha

The Bi-Partisan set up would need to get to the core of what creates a fair voting system.

I can't believe you don't need ID to vote, that's mad.

To be honest the post office should not be involved in votes anymore. It's an out of date format, its obviously so open to fraud, there has to be an alternative.

The key thing should really be about transparency, people need to be able to see that their vote has been counted, and is for the right person. They should be able to verify with the government that their vote has been counted correctly.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AverageWang
Right Now:
I think by and large if Biden stays as the winner, people that voted for Trump will get over it, ?

No I don't think so lol...

The voting fraud is way to obvious, conservatives will never let Biden be president.

This will probably be the last election.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
IF he won through the courts I'm not sure he'd be able to call for any such election.

What I would do if I were Trump is concede the election and go on a declass spree.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

And their reply will be it suppresses the vote and is inherently racist. Anything ever done to add transparency in the past has been called racist. Undoubtedly due to hindering their ability to fix. At this point, the only thing transparent is how much fraud was committed. I doubt Obama or GWB would have won if there was transparency. Congress does not want transparency because then they couldn't create the dynasties and form agreements on what they can do for each other.
edit on 7-11-2020 by tinktinktink because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: tinktinktink

I think he should stay in politics and create as many road blocks as possible for the left.

link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

originally posted by: AverageWang
Right Now:
I think by and large if Biden stays as the winner, people that voted for Trump will get over it, ?

No I don't think so lol...

The voting fraud is way to obvious, conservatives will never let Biden be president.

This will probably be the last election.

As they never let Obama.

However, I think they’ve learned from that.

link   

Ya well it did matter.
Ya lost bro and also how are the thousands of military personnel supposes to vote?
How the crap are they supposed to vote?
Answer me that then go back and rethink every single other election.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Rekrul

I like this.. and observers from both parties to see that there is only one ball to each voters..

link   

originally posted by: tinktinktink

And their reply will be it suppresses the vote and is inherently racist. Anything ever done to add transparency in the past has been called racist. Undoubtedly due to hindering their ability to fix. At this point, the only thing transparent is how much fraud was committed. I doubt Obama or GWB would have won if there was transparency. Congress does not want transparency because then they couldn't create the dynasties and form agreements on what they can do for each other.

What if as part of the voting process, you get issued with voter ID, and that's the only form of ID you can use to vote? I'm just spit balling here obviously.

link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

That's why you nor anyone you know will never hold any position of power.
You also speak like some young millennial.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The definition to hippocracy is electing a racist (according to Kamala) Biden to bring hope and change. You admitted yourself you don't want to know anything about the man you just wanted to vote for him (uneducated voter). Why do you even post its pointless because you admitted you did not learn anything about him?

Obama gave you the hope and kept your change and Biden will do the same along with the kiddies on the side.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Ya well it did matter.
Ya lost bro and also how are the thousands of military personnel supposes to vote?
How the crap are they supposed to vote?
Answer me that then go back and rethink every single other election.

Sorry but what do you mean by 'well it did matter?'

Also this is wasn't a thread opened to establish HOW a new voting system would work, only about whether or not another election would be an appropriate and just thing to do.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

It could work but again they don't want transparency they want it fixable R's and D's alike. Nancy and Mitch are prolly in a back room somewhere drinking up scotch and smoking cigars negotiating on what BS to feed the American people next and how to get trump to quit fighting their appointment of Biden.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join